David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 770 likes

Re: David Moyes

Post by Billydinho »

jastons wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:32 pm He lost 12 and drew 10 of his 31 games in charge. We were not hard to beat.
😂
Ramsden Hammer

Post by Ramsden Hammer »

Having done the social media rounds this morning, it’s seems clear to me that most West Ham fans don’t see Moyes as the way forward. A get it. It’s a little underwhelming.

We are club that are always trying to run before we can walk.

“Next level” should only be considered if the club/team are consistently performing .. i.e. top 10/8 finishes for year on year!!

I think Moyes is the type of manager we need right now. He will keep us up this season. He will make us more competitive on the pitch. It won’t always be pretty to watch (I’ve not seen much that pretty since moving to LS) but given time, he will consolidate us in the top 10 side.
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3201 likes
Total likes: 2331 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

Doc H Ball wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:03 pm I think they have marketed the Club to such an extent that they are ‘pleasing’ themselves so to speak.
Well, I guess the only business they know is people pleasing themselves.

What an absolute joke of a club. Moyes once was bad enough. Twice is hitting new heights of embarrassment even in the long and storied history of our club embarrassing itself.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 770 likes

Post by Billydinho »

We moved to that f*cking sh*t stadium with European football and one of the best players in the world!

What is this running before walking sh*t these sympathisers keep coming out with?

These owners are pointing and laughing at you as you happily bend over for them every year.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 777 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

probably one of the more egregious assertions is that moyes is assumed to be a decent foundation and the only people who don't want him are trying to run before they can walk.

it's such an absolute tutting, talksport/MOTD rentamouth looking down the nose condescending attitude that takes the support for morons. right in line with "well they all like the stadium when they're winning".

we saw how we played under him. we weren't solid, we weren't well drilled, we shipped goals for fun and offered nothing going forward if arnie wasn't feeling it. if sunderland had a striker creating goals out of nothing week in week out they might have stayed up under him to, but without that all of his failings were laid bare.
Last edited by Beavis Danzig on Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caltagir

Post by Caltagir »

Unsure where the blind faith that Moyes will keep us up comes from. It wasn’t as if it were light work last time.
Tedium. Heavy defeats. Nothing to suggest we were really heading anywhere but directly into the relegation battlefield until very late in the season and a couple of wins against teams who had given up and were already on holiday.

Cannot in any way endorse this dour charlatan.

Ramsden? Bellhouse or Heath btw?
Last edited by Caltagir on Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrbluesky

Post by mrbluesky »

How did Watford reappointing Flores work out for them?
Caltagir

Post by Caltagir »

Beavis Danzig wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:43 pm probably one of the more egregious assertions is that moyes is assumed to be a decent foundation and the only people who don't want him are trying to run before they can walk.

it's such an absolute tutting, talksport/MOTD rentamouth looking down the nose condescending attitude that takes the support for morons. right in line with "well they all like the stadium when they're winning".

we saw how we played under him. we weren't solid, we weren't well drilled, we shipped goals for fun and offered nothing going forward if arnie wasn't feeling it. if sunderland had a striker creating goals out of nothing week in week out they might have stayed up under him to, but without that all of his failings were laid bare.
Spot on.
wormley
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by wormley »

Billydinho wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:41 pm We moved to that f*cking sh*t stadium with European football and one of the best players in the world!

What is this running before walking sh*t these sympathisers keep coming out with?

These owners are pointing and laughing at you as you happily bend over for them every year.
What's with all the new members crawling out of the club's bum crack attempting to subvert our opinions? Is that really the best the club's advisors can come up with.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Beavis Danzig wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:43 pm probably one of the more egregious assertions is that moyes is assumed to be a decent foundation and the only people who don't want him are trying to run before they can walk.

Exactly that and especially the shipping goals for fun bit too. Supposedly one of his biggest strengths.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1951 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

neathiron wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:30 pm Think Moyes definitely needs to play his strongest team in the cup, it may not get the majority backing him, but at least it will give something back..
Yeah I agree. He should make a show of it. He should be reminded our problems started at lowly Oxford and, before that, at AFC, Newport, Forest, Wigan etc.

I want to see the exact opposite of what he offered us in a semi final - not one effort on goal!

Should never be a need to justify oneself on here and hope I didn’t infer otherwise. We’re all ****ing mad. :thup:
essexguy

Post by essexguy »

jastons wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:32 pm He lost 12 and drew 10 of his 31 games in charge. We were not hard to beat.
And in his last 18 premiere league games he only lost 6 of those games. Yes we lost a lot more games initially but that Is probably expected while he got our defensive frailties in order.
Ramsden Hammer

Post by Ramsden Hammer »

Caltagir wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:43 pm Unsure where the blind faith that Moyes will keep us up comes from. It wasn’t as if it were light work last time.
Tedium. Heavy defeats. Nothing to suggest we were really heading anywhere but directly into the relegation battlefield until very late in the season and a couple of wins against teams who had given up and were already on holiday.

Cannot in any way endorse this dour charlatan.

Ramsden? Bellhouse or Heath btw?
Heath!! Can’t afford those Bellhouse prices.

I don’t doubt we’re in a relegation battlefield but honestly; I’d rather Moyes be leading the charge than Pellers.

Maybe it is blind faith ... isn’t that part and parcel of being a West Ham fan.
billywhitehorse
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by billywhitehorse »

You are David Sullivan. I claim my £5 voucher for a used sex toy.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1515 likes
Total likes: 3181 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

There is no running before you walk, you hire the best manager. The best manager will win you more games than you lose. Kovac, as a random example, would not come here and find himself struggling to understand what points for a win mean because we are 17th. Or have anxiety attacks because football is so wildly different in England.

The best coach, and I really don't rate Moyes as one of them, will get the best from the players available. A club with any sense at the wheel would know the type of manager they want due to assessments within their structure. Our DoF should be hiring him, but we let him go cos we didn't like Roberto, and we hired the one our manager wanted, thus creating a duo rather than two separate posts.
jastons
Has liked: 900 likes
Total likes: 858 likes

Post by jastons »

essexguy wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:58 pm And in his last 18 premiere league games he only lost 6 of those games. Yes we lost a lot more games initially but that Is probably expected while he got our defensive frailties in order.
Including a 3 - 1 defeat against Brighton and 4 - 1 defeats against Swansea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Man City. Thank god he sorted our defensive frailties.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 689 likes
Total likes: 2032 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Billydinho wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:35 pm Why is everyone so desperate to stay in this league?
What is our ambition made up of if we get relegated? To come back up? So the point of going this apparent fantasy dreamland of tier 2 is to come back to the league that some people are apparently happy to get out of now?

I don't want to watch Huddersfield, Wigan and Stoke stifle us in that **** stadium. I had enough of it when Doncaster and Rotherham turned up at a better stadium and did it. The 2nd half of this season is about staying up, but that doesn't mean it should have been from the start. At the end of September people on here were talking about the top 6...
goa127
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

:thup:
il_martello_di_genovesi wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:11 pm What is our ambition made up of if we get relegated? To come back up? So the point of going this apparent fantasy dreamland of tier 2 is to come back to the league that some people are apparently happy to get out of now?

I don't want to watch Huddersfield, Wigan and Stoke stifle us in that **** stadium. I had enough of it when Doncaster and Rotherham turned up a better stadium and did it. The 2nd half of this season is about staying up, but that doesn't mean it should have been from the start. At the end of September people on here were talking about the top 6...
Exactly
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

essexguy wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:58 pm And in his last 18 premiere league games he only lost 6 of those games. Yes we lost a lot more games initially but that Is probably expected while he got our defensive frailties in order.
Initially straight after managerial changes a team generally has a bounce, whereas ours just continued to roll off the table before eventually bouncing back to mind numbing mediocrity.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2497 likes
Total likes: 4400 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Doc H Ball wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:03 pm I think they have marketed the Club to such an extent that they are ‘pleasing’ themselves so to speak.

There is a big difference between us regulars and the wider media based support. You have to be of pragmatic mind to travel the country and support our lot or else insanity is around the corner. All we want is a good day out.

It’s their own Fake Ambition that has led us here. They can’t provide either a world class stadium nor a world class team so they have to dress both up to fit the brochure.

I try to look at the decisions they make through their eyes. They are fixated on corporate, the press and in the case of her Ladyship her own CV and their only ambition is personal aggrandisement. What us attending supporters want is bottom of the list.
Hard to disagree with any of that Doc, though I suspect it's probably the home support and the £25m-£30m it brings in that they are looking at.

The corporate equation is probably that Moyes + PL football is probably better than A.N.Other + Championship football.

If we went down, they'd lose tens of millions on the sale value of the players that are sellable and who will want out (most of them) as well.
Last edited by bubbles1966 on Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.