Manager 18 - David Moyes: yes or no? [POLL]

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Do you support the installation of David Moyes as West Ham United's next full-time manager?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:18 am

Yes
18%
No
74%
Unsure
8%

Total votes: 406

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 762 likes
Total likes: 3496 likes

Re: Manager 18 - David Moyes: yes or no? [POLL]

Post by Up the Junction »

EugeneSpeed
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by EugeneSpeed »

Coops wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:52 pm Personally I would like us to go for somebody like Scott Parker, a young manager, former club cult hero, doing well at Fullham. But this would be too much of a risk for the owners investment.
That'd be awesome and would probably get me interested and going to games again. But like you say, we'd have to accept potentially going down and sticking with him while he builds a new team and gets us back up in 2, 3 or 4 seasons time and that just won't happen. We have unfortunately made a rod for our own backs whereby it is now unthinkable for us to be playing Championship football in the London Stadium - not unthinkable to the fans to be fair to us, but completely unthinkable to the board and the media. Sadly, we are stuck in football purgatory until we have different owners. My main issue with Moyes is the fact he's going back to a job where 2/3 of the leadership team didn't want him there. It's our classic short term approach. They're hiring him knowing full well he'll be gone in 18 months when we hire some other former big name and it all goes to s**t again.
ToiletDuck
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by ToiletDuck »

plus whoever's gets it will need some money to spend.

I predicted this a while ago
1. We are in a relegation battle
2. Pellers gets sacked
3. We have to sell before we can buy
4. Rice gets sold (the board cant get balmed)
5. We end up as perennial also ransom with no real ambition
Robbie
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Robbie »

Voted Not Sure as I am completely ambivalent towards what is going on at West Ham. I'm stuffed out of anything remotely positive.
I am not against Moyes as I would be say Sam or Pulis. My scraps of trying to look on the bright side are that last time around he definitely improved fitness (which is a glaringly obvious problem), and he does have a point to prove after being binned off before Pelboy.
We are sadly lacking in the player department but he could be the man to drag the decent players we have out of the doldrums and that may be enough to keep us up.
Having said that, to be honest, I wouldn't be too bothered if we were relegated anymore.
What a shame. West Ham used to make or break my whole week. I get pissed off more nowadays if something interupts my 1000 bedtime.
:|
Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY will became usual"

Post by Universidad-de-Chile »

Just NO.

Any "Ex" has to be just very good to come back to the old relationship.

Its that the case???
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1240 likes
Total likes: 1650 likes

Post by last.caress »

Went with no. I don't believe for a moment that he's in the frame because of any reason related to ongoing footballing success. He's on the top of the wish-list because the two-bob grifters running the show won't have to compensate another club. That's it, that's all.

Obviously, not wanting him here is not the same as hoping he fails. Once he is inevitably formally announced, I wish him all the best.
Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!
Has liked: 118 likes
Total likes: 130 likes

Post by Clucking Bell »

I've gone for a 'yes' as I think 'unsure' is a bit of a cop out.

Hopefully, he'll be holding out for a decent contract and real money to spend in the summer because I think that he can do a decent job if he doesn't have to sell Rice and shop at Poundland. Obviously, though, we're still in the lap of the c**** upstairs no matter who's manager.

I think that those who think we should be hiring Kovacs or Poch are living in cloud-cuckoo land: I hate to think how much we'd have to pay guys like that to come and work for the three amigos at the West Ham shitshow.

FWIW, I think that I'd have gone for Dyche.

Of the old boys, I reckon that only Fat Frank is really up to it. He's just one of those blokes who's got success written all over him. Sadly, I don't think he'd stop laughing long enough to tell Sulli to f*** off. Of the others, I think it's too early to say whether Parker and Bowyer are good enough to manage at this level.
Moxy

Post by Moxy »

Ffs Moyes as our manager? Wasn’t really worth ripping our history to shreds, dumping us in the worst football stadium in the country and ****ting all over the most loyal success starved fans going to have David ****ing Moyes as our manager-AGAIN!?? I despise the 3 scumbags who have ruined our football club, absolutely hate them with a passion.
hammer1975
Has liked: 980 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Clucking Bell wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:05 pm I've gone for a 'yes' as I think 'unsure' is a bit of a cop out.

Hopefully, he'll be holding out for a decent contract and real money to spend in the summer because I think that he can do a decent job if he doesn't have to sell Rice and shop at Poundland. Obviously, though, we're still in the lap of the ***** upstairs no matter who's manager.

I think that those who think we should be hiring Kovacs or Poch are living in cloud-cuckoo land: I hate to think how much we'd have to pay guys like that to come and work for the three amigos at the West Ham shitshow.

FWIW, I think that I'd have gone for Dyche.
This is where I’m at too :thup:
Mikloskosglovebag
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Mikloskosglovebag »

The twitter post will undermine the manger before he even starts. Low attack on Moyes for being very professional during his time here.
stuartwainwright74

Post by stuartwainwright74 »

I was hoping last night that this could be the turning point for our great club but yet again it's disappointment and backwards we go. I hope I'm wrong but all I can see is more of the same.
Aurora borealis
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Aurora borealis »

No
If it's a short term manager to keep us up, then i'll take anyone who can reach out to the players, and make them put their feet in. I just don't think... :cry:
kenthammer1984
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by kenthammer1984 »

Moyes is just so underwhelming.

The trouble is, I don’t know who else that is available I would rather have?! (And will work on a shoe string budget set by the board)
[HH]
In the closet
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by [HH] »

Yes.

Moyes has a lower win ratio because he made us harder to beat. Pellegrini has lost more.

Moyes:
Win: 29%
Draw: 32%
Loss: 39%

Pellegrini:
Win: 38%
Draw: 16%
Loss: 46%

Moyes should have been given longer to begin with after he turned around the hopeless sinking ship that Bilic turned us into. Moyes was also the first to play Arnie in a position which clearly brought out the best in him.

2 years on, we are no better off in terms of progressing, and haven't had the eye catching football we hoped for despite Pellegrini, his backroom team, and recruitment. For Hugill, see Ajeti. For Evra, see Wilshire, Sanchez and Roberto! Our director of football approach hasn't done us any favours from Nani to Husillos. That's what worries me more; a vindication that we could see a return of greater board involvement in player acquisition.

To think when Brendan Rodgers was touted on this forum, it was widely shot down, so I'd pay little attention to an opinion poll. Leicester, Southampton and Wolves have in the past decade had fantastic recruitment. That all starts from the top down and the structure in which the club is run. We have finished only once finished higher than when these lot took over, a decade ago. For all their boards criticism of the Icelandics handing Ljungberg an £80k a week contract, we have seen them reward Carroll, Wilshere, Zabaleta, Sanchez. Nothing will change whilst these champion c*ntcockles are in charge, regardless of the manager, who is just their fall guy.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

I'm sure the 63 who said yes to this were supporters of other clubs or deluded fans who still think we can achieve "next level" with this lot. I've gone past the point of caring now ... it's at the point of farcical.
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

Unsure - simply because it really doesn't matter who it is. Thing's will stay the same with GSB as the helm, it's just history repeating.
e17
Has liked: 291 likes
Total likes: 975 likes

Post by e17 »

Mikloskosglovebag wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:30 pm The twitter post will undermine the manger before he even starts. Low attack on Moyes for being very professional during his time here.
I think the bit where they said “thanks Dave now f*** off” last time around sort of already undermined him. A bit.

They outright rejected him for Pellegrini.
Scully

Post by Scully »

No, please no!
WorcesterWHU
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 116 likes

Post by WorcesterWHU »

e17 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:51 pm I think the bit where they said “thanks Dave now **** off” last time around sort of already undermined him. A bit.

They outright rejected him for Pellegrini.
Which in and of itself makes an entire mockery of the situation. It's both parties basically saying "I've got nothing better, so you'll do".

I've got no real beef with Moyes himself. But if he is the extent of our imagination and forward planning after that ship had clearly sailed two years ago, then god help us.
Daytonahammer
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by Daytonahammer »

Someone else mentioned Di Canio for right now. That would work for me until we find someone else. Pretty sure he can reach the players especially the "luxury ones."