David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Re: David Moyes - 18th Permanent Manager of WHUFC

Post by RichieRiv »

kitthehammer wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:01 am I bet the vast majority all slagging the board were the same people who thought we’d taken that step up they had suggested when pellegrini was signed and we were buying more expensive players.

Why can’t those people just admit it didn’t work and that the board had simply done what many of our fans had demanded of them?
It's funny isnt it. When Pelle signed, a premier league winner no less, was given a sizeable kitty, it was considered next level.

If that's next level, then you can poke it.

What I am reading and hearing is spursy levels of fickle.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

I didn't want moyes as it is a backward step . I would have preferred howe or kovac but we have shiet owners and are a mess as a club. moyes will stabilise us and in 18 months time we may surprise ourselves or be where we have always been , lower mid table. nothing will change with the current owners.
moyes last time played awful football and scraped through. he wasn't given a transfer budget or only a small amount which he used to help his brother and old team out whilst saddling us with championship level hughill.

this time he needs to buy a decent CM to sit alongside rice and relegate noble and Snodgrass to the subs bench.
we need new fullbacks and another CB depending on reid`s fitness.
new reserve keeper is a must
a second striker is also required if he thinks ajeti is not up to it, at least he will give him a try
he needs to switch to 352 straightaway
he needs to improve our fitness levels just like last time !
Jabsco79
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Jabsco79 »

One of those mornings when you wake up thinking that you’ve had a bad dream and realising it’s real.. turned off talksport as couldn’t take any more of Brazil bigging up his mate and basically telling us how lucky we are.. c***...as for Moyes saying ‘pleased to be home’... jesus.. only positive of Stuart ‘I have to say’ Pearce coming back is that my radio is rid of his moronic voice..
denzel

Post by denzel »

Jabsco79 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:44 am One of those mornings when you wake up thinking that you’ve had a bad dream and realising it’s real.. turned off talksport as couldn’t take any more of Brazil bigging up his mate and basically telling us how lucky we are.. c***...as for Moyes saying ‘pleased to be home’... jesus.. only positive of Stuart ‘I have to say’ Pearce coming back is that my radio is rid of his moronic voice..
I'd probably try a different radio station if I were you, mate. :D
e17
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 982 likes

Post by e17 »

kitthehammer wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:01 am I bet the vast majority all slagging the board were the same people who thought we’d taken that step up they had suggested when pellegrini was signed and we were buying more expensive players.

Why can’t those people just admit it didn’t work and that the board had simply done what many of our fans had demanded of them?
Having slept on it, as one of “those people”, I’ve decided you’re absolutely right.

I may have been attending week in and week out since 1983, understood inflation and competition, and the fact that in reality we were actually better off in the 90’s under Terrence Brown, but nah - you’re absolutely right.

We should have accepted that the board were right to employ Moyes, to give him just enough to sign Hugill in January, to strive for survival with the bonus of an exciting league finish of 12th when we should have been fearing 18th and losing our coveted premiership spot.

Or, the way you could look at it; every single manager who has worked under them during their second/third premiership season has seen their budget and squad slashed.

Pellegrini’s exit is an exact carbon copy of Slaven Bilic’s exit.

But why should we strive and wish for more from our football club eh? How dare WHU supporters who have had their home sold from under their feet on the promise of “next level” status expect or demand anything?

We were wrong and the board were right.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Easiest option, been there before knows the club, out of work, happy to come for the money and saving us bonus 2, won't cost £11M a season, some players know him and those new fancy dans that don't will be in for a shock.

Moyes managed to beat the teams around us last time out, which is what saves a team from relegation

A few 4-1 thrashing to Swansea!!!!, Man City and Liverpool etc won't worry him, he'll be looking for wins against the bottom 6.

Forgot a repeat of 1980s FA Cup win and the end of 40yrs of hurt, we have massive fixtures around the 4th round dates.

Warm weather training near the Moyes holiday home in Miami again ?

Next Level can wait it's the West Ham Way and Groundhog Day
Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

e17 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:48 am Having slept on it, as one of “those people”, I’ve decided you’re absolutely right.

I may have been attending week in and week out since 1983, understood inflation and competition, and the fact that in reality we were actually better off in the 90’s under Terrence Brown, but nah - you’re absolutely right.

We should have accepted that the board were right to employ Moyes, to give him just enough to sign Hugill in January, to strive for survival with the bonus of an exciting league finish of 12th when we should have been fearing 18th and losing our coveted premiership spot.

Or, the way you could look at it; every single manager who has worked under them during their second/third premiership season has seen their budget and squad slashed.

Pellegrini’s exit is an exact carbon copy of Slaven Bilic’s exit.

But why should we strive and wish for more from our football club eh? How dare WHU supporters who have had their home sold from under their feet on the promise of “next level” status expect or demand anything?

We were wrong and the board were right.
They saved us and for that we are forever grateful !!!! Playing in the OS
Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

Jabsco79 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:44 am One of those mornings when you wake up thinking that you’ve had a bad dream and realising it’s real.. turned off talksport as couldn’t take any more of Brazil bigging up his mate and basically telling us how lucky we are.. c***...as for Moyes saying ‘pleased to be home’... jesus.. only positive of Stuart ‘I have to say’ Pearce coming back is that my radio is rid of his moronic voice..
The footballing world is laughing especially the other fans

With Moyes and VAR and the OS, it's a great time to be a Hammer
sussexhammer74
Has liked: 269 likes
Total likes: 243 likes

Post by sussexhammer74 »

It is what it is.

Who, though, would want to come here? GSB's stock isn't exactly high. The top managers will avoid us, imo, like the plague whilst we have those three in charge.

I just hope Moyes can get a tune out of the players and the players respond.

Still, bet the marketing department will now be having sleepness nights trying to come up with a campaign to sell/renew those season tickets for next season. And you all thought Moyes had a tough job!
Jabsco79
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Jabsco79 »

Pop Robson wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:54 am The footballing world is laughing especially the other fans

With Moyes and VAR and the OS, it's a great time to be a Hammer
Throw in Antonio recreating the end scene of Back to the Future by climbing out of his smashed up rude motor and it’s a good old West Ham festive season Pop..
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

I said to be careful earlier on in the season when many were laughing at Newcastle and the Bruce appointment. I said then it wouldn’t be long before we were once again the laughing stock of the Premier League.
Napoleon Solo

Post by Napoleon Solo »

I've got 100% confidence in Gold & Sullivan, they know what they're doing and remember, if it wasn't for them we'd still be playing at Upton Park.

However, Mauricio Pochettino would have been a better appointment.
Last edited by Napoleon Solo on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
e17
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 982 likes

Post by e17 »

sussexhammer74 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:55 amStill, bet the marketing department will now be having sleepness nights trying to come up with a campaign to sell/renew those season tickets for next season. And you all thought Moyes had a tough job!
They could slash mine by 50% and I still won’t be renewing.

36 years with only a couple of day visit only seasons inbetween. Genuinely feels like being killed by apathy rather than anger.

And it’s not down to Moyes. The bloke is a professional in a profession where we suit his needs and he was absolutely starving for the opportunity. Honestly, good luck to him. He’s replacing a bloke who was clearly doing everything he could to get a pay off and treated the support with the same level of disdain as the owners.

It’s down to apathy. Down to the horrible matchday experience, where everything is sterile and soulless, and the football is merely a scab on top of the wound
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

we have been a mess ever since we moved and nothing will change. moyes will "save us" and have us 12th by end of the season.
razzle dazzle for the STH renewal period and off we go again.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 688 likes
Total likes: 2035 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Pop Robson wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:54 am The footballing world is laughing especially the other fans
That was happening when we lost to Burnley, Newcastle, Arsenal, Crystal Palace (twice) and Oxford after the majority of our fans were talking about the top 6.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

id like to give the man a chance before i slaughter him , if he can get a tune out of this tired and mentally defeated squad good luck to him , appointment is 6 weeks minimum too late , but we have to get behind him .

PS its hard to disagree with anything in E17 post
Last edited by chigwells finest on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aceface
Has liked: 377 likes
Total likes: 1472 likes

Post by Aceface »

RichieRiv wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:42 am It's funny isnt it. When Pelle signed, a premier league winner no less, was given a sizeable kitty, it was considered next level.
It’s hard enough to take the narrative that we went over and above on the finances when it comes from media outside the club, without it taking root within.

We spent £87m that first transfer window, a decent chunk of which was generated the window before by selling Ayew and Sakho. Does anyone look at another club making a one-off spend of £87m and think it will be transformative? You know what that level of outlay should get you? A top ten finish. And it did.

Similarly having to repeatedly hear about the ‘£45m investment’ in a new striker as a sign of largesse, as if we didn’t have to sell our best player to fund it.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Georgee Paris wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:59 am I said to be careful earlier on in the season when many were laughing at Newcastle and the Bruce appointment. I said then it wouldn’t be long before we were once again the laughing stock of the Premier League.
TBF. Bruce has done an OK job there, which I don't mind admitting has surprised me and although it is churlish to say so, even in a perverse way, I was expecting him to fail, but nobody can deny he has exceeded expectations and there must be many Toon fans who have been totally won over and who are enjoying watching their team again, in a way they never did under Rafa. I know a couple who wanted him to stay, but are now glad he quit and would never want him back
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2616 likes
Total likes: 938 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

My initial reaction .... a bit like opening a pressie that you’ve been looking forward to, only to find that it is an old version, so mildly disappointing. Whilst he kept us up last time, it wasn’t really that thrilling for me.

I suppose it also saves GSB shelling out in transfer windows as there are probably many players who he is familiar with.

I hope that it is better than a slightly polished turd.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 770 likes

Post by Billydinho »

There’s some real selective memories about his last rein.

Three at the back that was actually five, two holding mids in front of that and no one within 20 yards of Arnautovic.

We pumped it long and hoped Arnie good do something out of nothing.

We got ground out wins against teams we should have dominated and we got battered by teams we should have competed against.

This is the worst appointment in our recent history.