David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

e17
Has liked: 284 likes
Total likes: 956 likes

Re: David Moyes - 18th Permanent Manager of WHUFC

Post by e17 »

goa127 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:45 pm I'm really enjoying the Manu history thread
Got to hope this thread swing isn’t symbolic of Moyes’ debut :asleep:

Manchester United. Who cares?
Jabsco79
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Jabsco79 »

-DL- wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:18 pm The system at Man Utd was Fergies system. He controlled everything from top to bottom. Any manager taking over from Fergie was on a hiding to nothing with an ageing squad, a squad that Fergie knew how to squeeze every last ounce of talent from.

Fergie bailed at just the right time, and left no foundations that could be classed as worthy for his successor.
Amazing looking back just how lacking in succession planning both United and Arsenal were given the size of their global operations. I would say both clubs miss the sound and calm presence and judgement of David Gill and David Dein respectively almost as much as their individual managers. Look at the leadership qualities of those two compared to the three musketeers (or miscreants) we have.
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 205 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

Mikloskosglovebag wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:25 pm Love how West Ham fans want the absolute finished article in a player. We would be lucky to get Morales, sure he has higher aspirations than relegation battles and short cup runs though..oh wait he is already playing in Europe so would have to throw a lot of money at him to downgrade.
He's absolutely garbage and unreliable.
Mikloskosglovebag
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Mikloskosglovebag »

I saw Ferguson watching kids games in Croydon and meeting players at the airport personally. He was really involved in every level.
neathiron
Has liked: 480 likes
Total likes: 335 likes

Post by neathiron »

I'm glad to have him back anyhow, like I said in previous posts, thought he was hard done by not to be given an extended contract when he kept us up. Thought he came across well in his unveiling conference today. Nice to have a manager who actually gives a **** and feels honoured to be at our club. A call to arms, come on let's get behind him and the team, given time I think he could be the man who gives us some stability and pushes us on to better things.
jastons
Has liked: 893 likes
Total likes: 849 likes

Post by jastons »

Is there still time to cancel David's contract and give the job to Fergie instead?
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

jastons wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:53 pm Is there still time to cancel David's contract and give the job to Fergie instead?
Duncan?
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 81 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

Ironing Board wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:52 pm What about that Morelos guy at Rangers - he scores for fun even at Europa League level
Hasn’t scored in 13 games.
Sir_Trevor
Has liked: 273 likes
Total likes: 351 likes

Post by Sir_Trevor »

jastons wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:53 pm Is there still time to cancel David's contract and give the job to Fergie instead?
[/quote]
Ironing Board wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:13 pm Duncan?
Sarah?
Last edited by Sir_Trevor on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stu1
Has liked: 668 likes
Total likes: 1035 likes

Post by stu1 »

Morelas, not only is he a walking red card he is an absolute **** of a person. His behaviour is not something I want to see from someone in a West Ham shirt.

On Moyes, it’s not exactly an exciting appointment but I think some of the comments are unfair. People calling him a serial loser, not only is that harsh it’s wrong. In his career he’s got a 42.2% win rate, looking at just his record at prem teams his win rate is 40.7%.

After watching his interview I feel slightly more optimistic about his appointment. He seems very excited to be back at our club and clearly feels he has a point to prove. He also mentioned different styles of play etc which suggests he’s not set in his ways like Allardyce.

If Moyes can even come close to replicating the job he did at Everton then I’d imagine most of our fan base would be pretty happy. Ok Everton weren’t playing football like Barcelona under Moyes but they also weren’t playing like Bolton either.

I’m sure someone will brand me a board apologist, but Moyes record has nothing to do with the board, I’m just trying to paint a fair reflection of his previous accomplishments as they seem to be being distorted.
Roby
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 263 likes

Post by Roby »

Excellent press conference from Moyes today.

Comes across as having a lot of class, no bitterness towards the board by how they thought they could do better than him and clearly couldn’t.

Talks well about the club, the city and the fans.

Clearly really, really wants to do well for us and stay for longer than the initial 18 months. Said something about wanting to make it impossible for the extension clause to not be triggered.

Very impressed, good luck to the fella. :crest:
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Sir_Trevor wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:32 pm
Sarah?
[/quote]

:lol: :lol:
Believer
Has liked: 1421 likes
Total likes: 758 likes

Post by Believer »

Roby wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:39 pm Excellent press conference from Moyes today.

Comes across as having a lot of class, no bitterness towards the board by how they thought they could do better than him and clearly couldn’t.

Clearly really, really wants to do well for us and stay for longer than the initial 18 months. Said something about wanting to make it impossible for the extension clause to not be triggered.

Have to agree Roby. Although disappointed initially with the appointment, there's no point sulking as (nobody will listen) it won't get us anywhere.

What I hope is that he does a great job and leaves the gruesome twosome with the task of letting down Rafa as I have no doubt he is the reason he only has an 18 month contract. It will be satisfying to know that DM has proved a load of us wrong (myself included) but also to know that they're well publicised pursuit of the Spanish Allardyce won't come to fruition as the fans will want to keep Moyes.

A win on Wednesday will be a great start followed by a proper team sent out in the cup.
Kialos
Has liked: 1548 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

Yep can't argue with that
TommyHammer
Has liked: 100 likes
Total likes: 574 likes

Post by TommyHammer »

Feel a tad better about the Moyes appointment after seeing his press conference. Clearly feels he has unfinished business and put a lot of emphasis on a long term vision for the club. Also made some bold statements about how he will make sure his contract is extended. Actions do speak louder than words though of course.

That said, it still doesn't take away the fact that this shows how unambitious the board are.

Best of luck David.
Sherbet Dab
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by Sherbet Dab »

Believer wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:50 pm A win on Wednesday will be a great start followed by a proper team sent out in the cup.
I hope so, I'm still p'ssd off about the Oxford game.. Headbanger
Believer
Has liked: 1421 likes
Total likes: 758 likes

Post by Believer »

Sherbet Dab wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:57 pm I hope so, I'm still p'ssd off about the Oxford game.. Headbanger
A nice run in the cup will do wonders for the support. I think we deserve it.
neathiron
Has liked: 480 likes
Total likes: 335 likes

Post by neathiron »

Roby wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:39 pm Excellent press conference from Moyes today.

:thup: Already showing more passion than Pellegrini served up in all his time here.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1169 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

He's had two years to write the responses in that press conference.

It was hardly likely to be **** was it.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Believer wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:03 pm A nice run in the cup will do wonders for the support. I think we deserve it.
Sorry to be so gloomy, but we won't get it this year. Not only is our squad depth so poor, the club's number one priority is remaining in the Premier League and I think that is where we will concentrate all our energies. As somebody else has posted, we have some crucial matches around the time of the 4th round and the temptation for a break around late Feb may prove irresistible too. Not only is there all this, Gillingham are **** hot on their own patch, won 7 of their last 8 home matches, drew the other and they have a pretty good manager in Steve Evans. Check it out for yourself.