West Ham Utd 4-0 Bournemouth (01/01/20)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Hammer1972
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham United v Bournemouth: Match thread (01/01)

Post by Hammer1972 »

Quoting yourself again....
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Hammer1972 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:23 pm Quoting yourself again....
Also known as, accidentally hitting the wrong button.
Sir_Trevor
Has liked: 274 likes
Total likes: 352 likes

Post by Sir_Trevor »

Mikloskosglovebag wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:04 pm Masuaku and Fredericks as all out wingers would create havoc.
At which end though?
Depressed Hammer

Post by Depressed Hammer »

Ironing Board wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:23 pm Sounds like Haller can do everything that Arnie used to do though. Makes you wonder what was going on behind the scenes.

"Haller, in fact, was the biggest difference-maker in Frankfurt's play. Fast, athletic and very strong the striker could create chances, hold the ball and score goals and was, therefore, always a way out for the club—when the team struggled they knew they can boot it long and wide to Haller, who always found a solution in the final third."
One thing Haller isn,t is fast.
keithwright1977

Post by keithwright1977 »

Ironing Board wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:23 pm Sounds like Haller can do everything that Arnie used to do though. Makes you wonder what was going on behind the scenes.

"Haller, in fact, was the biggest difference-maker in Frankfurt's play. Fast, athletic and very strong the striker could create chances,

Did you see the palace match when Haller kicked the ball at the same time as van armholt. It almost looked like he was tackled by a 20st rugby player. I’m sorry but he’s neither as strong or fast as arnie but when we get the silly track out in the summer we might be able to see how athletic he really is
Admiral Skeret

Post by Admiral Skeret »

Think there will be a reaction. In the sense we may be able to actually string a series of passes together.

2-0 West Ham with a goal in each half.
ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by ironilunga »

3-0 win, Anderson with one and Val with a brace :crest: :crest:
aaronhammer
Has liked: 176 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

Our main hope is that Bournemouth look really poor.

Will we really expect a bounce because of Moyes? Last time we put in an abject display against a not great Watford team who’d lost 3 on the spin before facing us, and lost in his first game, and didn’t win until his 5th.

I hope we do get the lift we need as Moyes needs to win over the crowd early on this time as the toxic air is circulating once again.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

I hope moyes plays 2 upfront because haller on his own does not work. he worked well with Antonio up there but if he is out then the options are less inspiring.
ajeti - hasn't been given much of a chance but has looked poor when he has got on the pitch
yarmolenko - plays up top for Ukraine but seems too lightweight, lazy and out of form
Anderson - quick and skilful but hasn't scored for ages

I would probably play Anderson up top with haller . I would like to give ajeti a start but we cannot afford to start poorly in this one !

fabianski
Balbuena diop ogbonna
fredericks noble rice fornals masuaka
haller Anderson

subs martin reid cresswell lanzini ajeti Holland coventry

its new year, new manager, new start - 3-0 hammers haller and Anderson with the goals.
fail to win this and we are going down. we could be in the bottom 3 by KO !
next 6 games do not look like any wins
Swiss Pauli
Has liked: 435 likes
Total likes: 163 likes

Post by Swiss Pauli »

Both sides in poor form, Bournemouth have a long injury list, score a lot from set pieces and are a bit of a bogey side for us.

WHU 2-2 BOU
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I think he'll want to see us in a formation that's familiar to the players before making any big changes. The 3-5-2 may come in future matches, but for this one I reckon we'll be seeing a 4-4-2 or a 4-2-3-1. I really don't think one and a half days training is enough to be trying out a completely new defensive shape. It's not just the formation but also the fact that I doubt Moyes will be wanting us to continue with the risky high line in defence, relying on offside decisions. It will be interesting to see how Balbuena copes.... I'm sure I read somewhere that the brazilian team he played for also played a similar high line in defence. I think Moyes will be wanting a more traditional defensive strategy that's a little more compact and doesn't leave the massive spaces behind. Can Balbuena adjust to that? It's possible that it'll suit him even more due to his lack of pace, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a much more traditional british centre back come in in the summer.

I personally think we'll see a back 4 of Fredericks, Diop, Ogbonna, and Cresswell in this first match.
Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by Tristan Shout »

If we play well and win with a hardworking disciplined display, the whole lot of them should be ashamed of themselves, I know they can do it, if they prove it today then where was it for the last 12 games, they should hang their heads in shame not celebrate
Hammer1972
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

Feeling confident this morning. 2-1 WHU.
hammer1975
Has liked: 989 likes
Total likes: 1164 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Callum Wilson and Ryan Fraser both fit for Bournemouth. No chance of us keeping a clean sheet with Wilson to score his obligatory goal. Must score at least two to win. Score draw incoming?
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

hammer1975 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:06 am Callum Wilson and Ryan Fraser both fit for Bournemouth. No chance of us keeping a clean sheet with Wilson to score his obligatory goal. Must score at least two to win. Score draw incoming?
Wilson hasn't scored for 12 games, his last goal coming in a draw against, you'll never guess...

Us.

Absolutely nailed on Callum Wilson goal.

We haven't beaten them since the first game at the OS.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

They are usually much faster and aggressive than us. I think they’ll win 4-2. I’m not sure if I can be bothered to go - there’s a Miranda New Years Special on tv - bit of a toss up.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

If I hear the words "Is it nearly time to go yet Daddy" one more time, I'm gonna throttle him.... :lol:
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Georgee Paris wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:54 am They are usually much faster and aggressive than us. I think they’ll win 4-2. I’m not sure if I can be bothered to go - there’s a Miranda New Years Special on tv - bit of a toss up.
Surely not? They've been completely abject this season, against Brighton they looked like 11 guys who had won a competition.

If we lose this game then the manager doesn't matter, we're buried.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

-DL- wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:58 am If I hear the words "Is it nearly time to go yet Daddy" one more time, I'm gonna throttle him.... :lol:
As long as he isn't saying it during the game, mate..
GreenIron
Has liked: 124 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by GreenIron »

-DL- wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:58 am If I hear the words "Is it nearly time to go yet Daddy" one more time, I'm gonna throttle him.... :lol:
Just wait until you’re on the long march to the stadium: “Are we nearly there yet?”. :lol: