David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

miles
This site...
Has liked: 303 likes
Total likes: 383 likes

Re: David Moyes - 18th Permanent Manager of WHUFC

Post by miles »

What the hell has he been doing for the last 18 months, taking gegenpressing masterclasses? What a performance...
Jon
Has liked: 102 likes
Total likes: 142 likes

Post by Jon »

He went to shake Haller's hand who obliged but the striker never looked at him.

Tells me Moyes gave him a rocket this week and told him what's expected of a lone striker. So they're not the best of chumns at the moment.

Let's face it, Haller's a great finisher but needs a nudge...Pellers indulged him. Moyes spoke some home truths I reckon.
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Post by Ozza »

Well done to DM great start back here
Smonnie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Smonnie »

brothernero wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:39 pm Says more about you that after a fantastic win the first thing you want to do is come on here and have YET ANOTHER needless dig at your fellow supporters.

You sad little person.
No, it doesn't. For a start, I posted at half-time, before the sycophants could get in and pretend they'd supported him all along. I'm not suggesting that his detractors are the ones now coming out in favour, but I certainly don't remember some of these names defending his appointment 24 hours ago.

I will dig at supporters that attack the man who saved us from relegation this time two years ago, and then got cast aside in favour of a sexy appointment who was never a good fit, and who has been disinterested for at least 6 months, if not the full 18 post his retirement to China.

Those who were slagging Moyes, who took a team very similar to us in Everton into Europe year in, year out, deserve my 'needless digs'. And I will laugh at them and celebrate his successes at much as I want, "brother".
brothernero
Has liked: 702 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Post by brothernero »

Jon wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:44 pm He went to shake Haller's hand who obliged but the striker never looked at him.

Tells me Moyes gave him a rocket this week and told him what's expected of a lone striker. So they're not the best of chumns at the moment.

Let's face it, Haller's a great finisher but needs a nudge...Pellers indulged him. Moyes spoke some home truths I reckon.

Haller wants out and has done for quite some time. He wants away in the Jan but wont be sold then and is not happy. He wont be here next season. (That is what I have been told by several itk people)
Hammer1972
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 213 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

Well done Mr Moyes.

Was hopeful of a new manager bounce today but that was better than I could have hoped for.

Now a strong team in the cup please :thup:
Smonnie

Post by Smonnie »

TheHandOfDog wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:42 pm Looking forward to our cup run this year and next year and our European finish! In Moyes I trust! :scarfer:

EDIT: What is up with the website? Takes like 15 seconds to a minute sometimes to load a page? or is it just me?
I don't even think that's an exaggeration. In Moyes we trust!

Re the site, it's dreadful since the change.
Mikloskosglovebag
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Mikloskosglovebag »

I haven’t enjoyed a game as much as that since the last time David Moyes was in charge. What a perfectly executed game of football.
denzel

Post by denzel »

Blimey you sound like a barrel of laughs, Smonnie.

Well done, Moysey, put them to the sword. Fornals and Lanzini could even have made it 6/7 in the end.

Was a similar formation to Pellegrini’s but players clearly had different roles. It looked like he’d worked on Snoddy and Fredericks’ relationship on the right. We put a lot more crosses in too from both flanks. No one out there seemed to be isolated today and a few players seemed to be chuffed that he was back.

More of the same please, David!

Side note: Bournemouth were atrocious, they should be worried.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

miles wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:43 pm What the hell has he been doing for the last 18 months, taking gegenpressing masterclasses? What a performance...
He did say he has been keeping up with football these past few months :D
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

Superb performance and great to see that he spotted straight away that Anderson needs to play higher up the pitch. All this sitting deep on the left was driving me mad under Pellers.

I thought Anderson was excellent, him and Fornals never gave them a second on the ball.

Top work. It was nice to see players other than Rice puffing and panting. I think a few of them struggled to keep the tempo and the fitness levels didn't look great, but that will come.
Last edited by DannyboyDJL on Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brothernero
Has liked: 702 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Post by brothernero »

Smonnie you have your right to laugh at people and I have my right to say you are fuckin pathetic for the constant digs.

:thup:

People might not have wanted DM, People might not be happy with his appointment and if you don't get right then that's your problem. But not one single fan on here or anywhere else has said they wont Back Him.

Every fan wants him to do well and to those that did not want him 2nd time around they ALL want to be gladly proved wrong.

Hay guess what, as much as I hate the owners I still have some tiny (and I do mean tiny) hope that they also will still go on to prove us all wrong. Not looking any where near likely after 10 years mind and how they have sold us a dud over the ***** stadium and all the constant BS and lies.

But you keep digging away and insulting your fellow supporters if that brings you joy.
Smonnie

Post by Smonnie »

denzel wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:52 pm Blimey you sound like a barrel of laughs, Smonnie.
I am mate. I'm literally over the moon.

But if you're referring to me berating the 'supporters' who didn't want to support our new manager, I make zero apologies.

The entitlement on here 24 hours ago was absolutely pathetic. Worse than Spurs.

We've got a good new manager who is a great fit for a club of our stature. And we had posters complaining because we didn't go for his opposite number today instead.

They should be ashamed. I'm off to celebrate!
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

A truly perfect start

More of the same please - beyond the effort and performance - the bloke connecting with players at the end and during substitutions was a serious breath of fresh air
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

After a performance like that, I don’t think IB has enough accounts yet...

The work rate and willingness to want the ball or win it back was unbelievable. Great start Moyesey :thup:.
MrHammer73
Has liked: 58 likes
Total likes: 85 likes

Post by MrHammer73 »

I know we was 4-0 up and the game was up by then, but I liked how we kept possession well. Fornals with that effort saved near the end would have been a goal of the season contender as it was a lovely passing move.

And more Arthur Masuaku in midfield please, he a left midfielder not a left back.

Well done Mr Moyes.
Last edited by MrHammer73 on Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Smonnie wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:56 pm

But if you're referring to me berating the 'supporters' who didn't want to support our new manager, I make zero apologies.

I think that part is fair if you’re aiming it only at them, we did have one person wanting to boo Moyes at every opportunity, but it wasn’t the majority. Even the people who didn’t want Moyes were more anti board than anti Moyes. Let’s just enjoy a much improved performance and our biggest win in ages...
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I once read at the time he was ditched by Sullivan, Gold was not in favour of Pellegrini and was happy to stick with Moyes, but Sullivan went with his own wishes regardless. Well done Moyes, great start, dont know what you said to them, but boy, a start, but boy did it work. That was sexy football out there tonight, Keep it up and don't settle for less, get these lazy idle c**** working their socks off, you very sexy man, you
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

e17 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:56 pm A truly perfect start

More of the same please - beyond the effort and performance - the bloke connecting with players at the end and during substitutions was a serious breath of fresh air
This.

I didn't realise how many of the basics Pellegrini wasn't doing.
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 518 likes
Total likes: 219 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

We desperately needed that win, well done DM.
You can see that the likes of Ogbonna, Noble, Rice, Snodgrass really want to play for Moyes. Hope this rubs off on a few more.
Doesn’t paper over the cracks though, this squad still needs reinforcements.