Sheffield Utd 1-0 West Ham Utd (10/01/20)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2891 likes
Total likes: 617 likes

Re: Sheffield United v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by Hammer.CA »

Ironing Board wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:34 pm For one thing, Noble is 32. We need someone with similar qualities who can play when he is not fit. For another, why do you think he would be our only signing. We can sign Joe Allen AND other players.

We need a keeper and at least two midfielders in this window.

That's why I said anyone with any sense, you want to sign Allen who is almost 30, he's playing for a team that are in the relegation zone in the Championship and then you're advocating Fellaini who hasn't got pace as well. This team has had the same problem in midfield for the last few seasons and you want to keep the age and pace at the same level. Doesn't it occur to you that the dildo's aren't going to change the way they operate all of a sudden?
You and your echo are talking absolute sh*te constantly.
jastons
Has liked: 900 likes
Total likes: 858 likes

Post by jastons »

I hope Moyes is watching videos of Haller from last season on the coach back home. If we are going to survive this season then we really need to get more from him.

I posted during the match - why didn't Fornals start or at least come on earlier?

Noble was poor all game. I'm a fan of his but I can't think of one good thing that he did tonight. He was slow, hesitant and had many wayward passes.

Lanzini just isn't the same player as he was before his injury. He hit the free kick well to be fair.

Snodgrass made a massive impact when he came on, but it was too late. He was our only player capable of hitting a good delivery. Obviously involved in our two disallowed goals.

Anderson look better tonight than he has done for a long time. I hope his injury isn't serious.
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 207 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

I'm happy with the performance for where we are at the minute. That would have been 3-0 under Pellers. Barring the Martin f*** up, we looked fairly solid. We also had some great chances. All this while we were effectively 2 players down in Noble and Lanzini.

We lost the game because Lanzini, Anderson and Haller all fluffed their chances.

Moyes' job this season is to stop us being a soft touch and conceding 3's and 4's. He seems to have done that already.
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by upton o'good »

Ironing Board wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:47 pm Man - that is the dumbest rule I have ever heard of! Add to that the fact they have not been applying it consistently, and the fact they are using some guy in a room poring over TV footage in case of the slightest infringement and this game is totally f***ed this season.
To be fair, if it doesn't hit decs arm the ball goes wide, it takes time for Dec to get to it and the defence resets. Much more clear cut than the antonio one for me. Which seemed harsh as if his arm was back the chest might have done the job.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 522 likes
Total likes: 1317 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

My favourite “tired Noble” moment was when he tried a sort of overhead kick from the edge of the centre circle out to Cresswell, which ended up on the centre spot.

A close second was not really doing anything and with the ball not under close control, and advancing to their box and their player just jogging back and taking it from him.
gegsy
Has liked: 237 likes
Total likes: 170 likes

Post by gegsy »

this is like when I took those mushrooms.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Rice was unlucky that his hand was up when the ball was headed against it by the Sheffield Utd player otherwise VAR may well have let the goal stand - but probably not .
Seen a few goals chalked off because of this including Man City so we're not the first and neither will we be the last to lose out to this ruling .

Don't think we'll go down with this Manager .
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

You can tell there’s something wrong with the site as every other post isn’t by iron board and shadow saying how great moyes is.
Adecoker
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Adecoker »

Egan kicked Haller early doors he should have got a card but didnt. T hat set the tone. Our fairies didnt want to know(I saw cresswell, anderson and lanzini pull out of 50/50s) and their boys got stuck in. Oh did I mention that I detest Oliver?
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

You can tell there’s something wrong with the site as every other post isn’t by iron board and shadow saying how great moyes is.
Upminster Hammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by Upminster Hammer »

Moyes took far to long to make changes tonight. It didn’t work in the first half and leaving it with 20 minutes to go was too late.

We don’t have the players (at least for or in form) to be playing wingbacks.

Stop trying to put square pegs in round holes

All we are doing by hiring moyes is trying to put plasters over the leaks
WTID
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by WTID »

Thought Rice was head an shoulders above everyone on the park tonight. Have we had any decision of VAR from an attacking point of view go in our favour this season? Ruined football for me.
Adecoker
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Adecoker »

Egan kicked Haller early doors he should have got a card but didnt. T hat set the tone. Our fairies didnt want to know(I saw cresswell, anderson and lanzini pull out of 50/50s) and their boys got stuck in. Oh did I mention that I detest Oliver?
Upminster Hammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by Upminster Hammer »

Moyes took far to long to make changes tonight. It didn’t work in the first half and leaving it with 20 minutes to go was too late.

We don’t have the players (at least for or in form) to be playing wingbacks.

Stop trying to put square pegs in round holes

All we are doing by hiring moyes is trying to put plasters over the leaks
Hammer1972
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

I think I prefer it this way...
neathiron
Has liked: 487 likes
Total likes: 337 likes

Post by neathiron »

S-H wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:37 pm What about when Van Dijk hand balled it then assisted a goal a couple of weeks ago..
But he's Liverpool. It's never their fault don't you know?
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 207 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

I'm happy with the performance for where we are at the minute. That would have been 3-0 under Pellers. Barring the Martin f*** up, we looked fairly solid. We also had some great chances. All this while we were effectively 2 players down in Noble and Lanzini.

We lost the game because Lanzini, Anderson and Haller all fluffed their chances.

Moyes' job this season is to stop us being a soft touch and conceding 3's and 4's. He seems to have done that already.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 689 likes
Total likes: 2031 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Haller winds me up. I really think he can’t be ****ed.
Lanzini gets the ball from that slip and Haller can’t be bothered to work to get into the correct position. Nice ball comes in and Haller doesn’t work hard enough to get into a position where he can get a good connection. He instead pretty much puts in into the ground with his face. Good balls put through to him and he jogs around. Look at Mousset. Any similar ball and he’s giving 100% to chase it or get into the right position.

If Haller is who we are relying on we are in massive trouble.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1855 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

The site was back to its worst during the game, even more so after they scored and we didn't. It's recovering now but if I had to come down on one side of useable or not, I'd have to say not.

https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/kumb.com
Sir_Trevor
Has liked: 274 likes
Total likes: 352 likes

Post by Sir_Trevor »

ageing hammer wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:50 pm Imagine if we go to the final game of the season needing a win to stay up and the goal is scored in the 94th minute just like today and is disallowed by Var.

You just know that it will be one against us and that it won't be overturned in spite of being obvious and deliberate.