The January Transfer Window 2020

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

goof

Re: The January Transfer Window 2020

Post by goof »

Winks won't turn our season around, not sure why it's even being discussed.
bitter-iron-ny
Has liked: 198 likes
Total likes: 221 likes

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

PSV looking to move Gaston Pereiro who is out of contract in June. We could do worse, and presumably he'd prefer Premier League to MLS.
SpongeBob's Pants
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by SpongeBob's Pants »

goof wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:08 pm Winks won't turn our season around, not sure why it's even being discussed.
I'd take it further and say he isn't an option at all for us!
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Joe Allen player well today, by all accounts.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Adecoker wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:39 pm Transfermarkdt value Winks at 36m. If we are to sell Diop l wouldnt mind seeing Winks come to us in part payment
We don't do business with Spurs because of the friction at board level. Diop won't get there..and Winks would laugh at the suggestion of joining us.
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

I don’t Understand the lack of urgency from those bellends running the club. We need players quickly. Only good things about relegation are no VAR and Sullivan losing money
HoustonHammer24
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Post by HoustonHammer24 »

Fixture list looks daunting, we need maximum points from the majority of our home games remaining, next weekend included. I don’t really want Allen, but at this point beggars can’t be choosers.

GK, Butland (loan with option)
RB, Nathan Ferguson £2m
CM, Allen £8m
CM, Fernandes (loan with option)
ST, Gabriel Barbosa (loan with option)
AM, Recall Diangana

5 signings, 1 recalled loan. Diangana, Barbosa and Fernandes add a bit of pace to our attack and midfield. Allen, although I would prefer Berge, is a workhorse who can take Noble’s place for certain games. Butland and Ferguson could realistically be our GK and RB for the next 10 years if it happens.

All of this for £10m this window, granted with a large amount of loans.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

HoustonHammer24 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:25 pm Fixture list looks daunting, we need maximum points from the majority of our home games remaining, next weekend included. I don’t really want Allen, but at this point beggars can’t be choosers.

RB, Nathan Ferguson £2m
CM, Allen £8m
AM, Recall Diangana

5 signings, 1 recalled loan. Diangana, Barbosa and Fernandes add a bit of pace to our attack and midfield. Allen, although I would prefer Berge, is a workhorse who can take Noble’s place for certain games. Butland and Ferguson could realistically be our GK and RB for the next 10 years if it happens.

Sensible list.
kev
Midfield enforcer
Location: In an old Bakehouse that never stops needing money!
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by kev »

HoustonHammer24 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:25 pm Fixture list looks daunting, we need maximum points from the majority of our home games remaining, next weekend included. I don’t really want Allen, but at this point beggars can’t be choosers.

RB, Nathan Ferguson £2m
CM, Allen £8m
AM, Recall Diangana

Forget Barbosa he clearly doesn't want to come as he always turns us down.
I'd buy Butland as he will be cheap currently and if he plays well as a loan will become out of our price range.
I'd personally stay clear of this Fernandez, I'm getting impression he also has no "desire" to sign for us plus he isn't playing regularly and has fallen out with current coaching team which is worrying.

Allen, Butland and Ferguson would all be better than what we have so would be great additions. Personally I'd leave Diangana as bringing him back could cause issues as I'm not sure he is in line for a start so may as well stay out on loan.
As a box to box player Wanyama as a loan would be a very good shout
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

We’re not going to get any player from Tottenham.
Peaches
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 793 likes

Post by Peaches »

RB, Nathan Ferguson £2m
CM, Allen £8m
AM, Recall Diangana

Cant disagree with the list, but can’t see Ferguson being sold even if he is out of contract that is at the end of the season and Fernandes and Barbosa are being offered to every club in the world so even if we
An get them it won’t be until deadline day.

As for the Diop for Winks and Walker-Peters swap, Man Utd and Chelsea want Diop. Mourinho would consider it a huge coup if he got Diop over those two and a huge personal insult if one of his previous clubs got his first choice target. Tottenham also have next to no money to spend this window and they need a striker. I think Mourinho would offer almost any thing to get him.
My concern is that Sullivan will accept Tottenham’s has beens and some magic beans.
Last edited by Peaches on Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keithwright1977

Post by keithwright1977 »

Things are starting to get desperate, surely we need to get players in quickly so they can settle into the team. It’s horrible all this waiting, I just hope some of these transfers don’t go down the same route as Maxi Gomes and William Carvalho
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Butland has been utterly awful for three years, we should be no where him at all!
duncanio
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by duncanio »

keithwright1977 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:47 pm I just hope some of these transfers don’t go down the same route as Maxi Gomes and William Carvalho
Don't worry it won't be some of them.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

fmgod wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:28 pm Butland has been utterly awful for three years, we should be no where him at all!
He won their supporters' Player of the Season award last year.

The people who watch every week probably have a better idea than the likes of us.
bubbles1966

Post by bubbles1966 »

Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

bubbles1966 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:03 pm Fernandes to Spurs
Phew now we can move on and start working tirelessly to get that Allen deal done before he's snapped up by one of the big six...fingers crossed.
Depressed Hammer

Post by Depressed Hammer »

bubbles1966 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:03 pm Fernandes to Spurs
Our participation in this venture was to simply bump his price up for Spurs to cough up.
Seeing as they need a striker i doubt they will bother .
bubbles1966

Post by bubbles1966 »

The most believable foreign link is probably the Maksimovic one from Getafe.
traxop

Post by traxop »

I'm not getting all this talk about selling Diop. Form or not, we've got in Diop the raw building block for our long term CB. In a market where the good CBs are priced even higher than Forwards, it'll be incredibly stupid to move him on.

Selling/Swapping Diop will just return us to square one. Our current CBs are aging and on/or on the other side of 30, which means without Diop, we'll be back in the market in the summer looking for our long term CB - but this time around, we would have Sully as the DOF.

Anyone with an ounce of common sense can see selling Diop as a non-starter. Unless we get valuations of 60-70M - and that's only because we'll probably need to gamble on two new CBs at 15-20M apiece and hope one of those two pans out.

Selling Diop just moves us away from our long term plans. We've been focusing on one of our long term pieces every summer transfer window for the last few season. We've moved for Anderson, Diop and Haller already. We need to build on those rather than selling and starting over again. This next summer should really be spent focusing on the long term replacement to Noble and not retreading the search for another CB.
Last edited by traxop on Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.