👋 Farewell, Pablo Fornals

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Sloop John B
The voice of reason
Has liked: 242 likes
Total likes: 477 likes

Re: Pablo Fornals

Post by Sloop John B »

Kialos wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:23 am Loads of people thought he looked a decent player, not sure where these comments that he was being slagged off by loads of people come from.
Oh there was a fair amount of people suggesting he was a player we didn't need to sign, looked lightweight and lost...Adding him to the list of Husillos mistakes.

Whilst it's petty I think the people who were saying give him time deserve a moment of interwebgloating... He'll probably revert to crap in a few weeks in any case.
Kialos
Has liked: 1545 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

interwebgloating

I like that word, I may steal it :lol:
Hammer83
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Hammer83 »

Am I alone in being disappointed with him being dropped from the team? I thought after a slow start he was just starting to turn the corner, and was beginning to look like the player we all thought he would be.I like his work rate and attitude as well as his great first touch and first time passes he lays off.I guess we need to get used to not seeing him now with Moyes who will play his defensive 5-3-1-1 formation :asleep:
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 781 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

if pellegrini dropped the player who has had a goal or assist in just about every game we've managed to get on the scoresheet on in the last month, leaving him on the bench till the 81st minute when 1-0 down he'd have been getting absolute pelters.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

Beavis Danzig wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:31 pm if pellegrini dropped the player who has had a goal or assist in just about every game we've managed to get on the scoresheet on in the last month, leaving him on the bench till the 81st minute when 1-0 down he'd have been getting absolute pelters.
New manager honeymoon period
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2499 likes
Total likes: 4403 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

He's improved, but he was pretty abject for months - a real disappointment.

Let's hope he's a slow burner.

Looks a better player since we've gone faster, more direct in our play.

Good teams don't seem to attack slowly.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

I just think he needed some time to settle, bubbs. Some do, especially young 'uns.

He now seems to be clearly ahead of Ceballos (I know he's had an injury recently) so I've every confidence he'll make the grade. And the improvement was becoming evident even under Pell, so imo not just a result of quicker, more direct play.
hammer1975
Has liked: 989 likes
Total likes: 1163 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

I’d still be interested to see him central and deeper - in Noble’s role and alongside Declan - for some of the games where we can be a bit more dominant on the ball. I think he sees the movement ahead of him well and has that sort of arriving late in the box knack.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2499 likes
Total likes: 4403 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

One constant positive with him is that he always keeps moving. It is good to see him showing. Take me back a month and I was beginning to wonder if it would ever happen.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

He also seems to have a very positive attitude, which can only help in our current state :D
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

a player that is in form and needs to start but no we drop him for out of form lanzini.
starts for me on Saturday .
can see him being off in the summer back to spain where his profile and reputation will still be high. a good player with a good career ahead of him if he doesn't waste it in straford!
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1085 likes
Total likes: 1397 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

One bright spark recently has been his growth as a player... it speaks volumes of him.

For me ahead of Lanzini in the pecking order now and should be starting.

Long term he has a bright future.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 947 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

What has moyes got against Fornals? he looked one of our better players in the first half... apart from Rice he prob was our best player first half infact.

Understand we needed to change it but Lanzini was complete toilet. couldnt pick a pass or fashion a shot.. fornals through the middle in the role he gave lanzini would have created far more and kept the ball far more.. also would have sped the game up. Jezzz so slow
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 781 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

looked like he was really coming into his own up until the arrival of the moysiah, who has reduced his impact with every fixture.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 689 likes
Total likes: 2035 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Perhaps a top half Spanish team have made some enquiries about buying him for what they paid. £24m back so that £5m can be spent in other areas and another £19m on Swarovski items.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

I’d be on the phone to my agent tonight. Likewise Anderson, Rice and Haller.
peter49uk
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by peter49uk »

Coming along nicely and now seems a scapegoat does not deserve being hooked like he has
Paolo's Piranhas

Post by Paolo's Piranhas »

HammerAl wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:58 pm I’d be on the phone to my agent tonight. Likewise Anderson, Rice and Haller.
Said the same thing re Fornals when he didn't come back out. There's definitely something going on with his being left out, hooked, given eight minutes at the end (or whatever it was). I would expect a lot of our players are looking elsewhere, rumour has it Haller wanted out after a few weeks. Hardly surprising as they all came in on the 'building a youthful new team to challenge under a PL winning manager' plan, and the wheels have well and truly come off that.
Last edited by Paolo's Piranhas on Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

HammerAl wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:58 pm I’d be on the phone to my agent tonight. Likewise Anderson, Rice and Haller.
If I was Haller''s agent I would keep my phone turned off
Paolo's Piranhas

Post by Paolo's Piranhas »

Double post.