A vote of confidence [POLL]

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Do you have confidence in WHUFC's board to deliver success both on and off the pitch?

Yes
2%
No
96%
Unsure
3%

Total votes: 436

DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Re: A vote of confidence [POLL]

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Eggs'n'nuts wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:10 pm I have a feeling this will be the most overwhelming vote you've ever cast UtJ.
You're not wrong. :)
e17
Has liked: 292 likes
Total likes: 975 likes

Post by e17 »

Dave & Dave have voted then
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

They have zero ambition for West Ham just themselves , only interested in staying in the Premier League - No Cup Competition , No Europe .

Messrs 7% .

Went with ' No ' .
Caniggia90

Post by Caniggia90 »

100% No. Sullivan and gold haunt me worse than the twins in the shining. 'Come and play with us west ham fans... Forever and ever and ever...'
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Whoever voted yes has to be on a wind up, surely!?
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 762 likes
Total likes: 3498 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

HammerAl wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:24 amWhoever voted yes has to be on a wind up, surely!?
Each to their own, Al - many believe G&S have done a good job.

Not just your post, of course, but I'm a little uncomfortable with some of the venom directed at those whose views don't tally with the majority on KUMB. Everyone's entitled to share their opinion.
goa127
Has liked: 451 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

Even if you thought they'd done a half-decent job you surely couldn't have any real belief they would take us forward?
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 179 likes
Total likes: 203 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

"Do you have confidence in the board to run a piss-up in a brewery"

Resounfding NO
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2391 likes

Post by Ozza »

brothernero wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:00 pm Yes = 0%

Warms my heart, it really does. :scarfer:

Ahh Bugger, someone spoilt that and voted Yes. I bet it was Ozza, not sure how he truly feels about them. :wink:
:lol: b*llocks I’ve been outed, I’m actually C&H in disguise
sussexhammer74
Has liked: 269 likes
Total likes: 243 likes

Post by sussexhammer74 »

Up the Junction wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:16 am Each to their own, Al - many believe G&S have done a good job.

Not just your post, of course, but I'm a little uncomfortable with some of the venom directed at those whose views don't tally with the majority on KUMB. Everyone's entitled to share their opinion.
Fair do's. Those that voted yes it would be good if the shared their opinion on as to why they voted yes and why they have confidence in GSB going forward? If they feel they will get venomous comments aimed at them, perhaps they could Pm someone who would be willing to post those comments (anonymous of course) on their behalf. I am genuinely interested to hear why.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Up the Junction wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:16 am Each to their own, Al - many believe G&S have done a good job.

A dear friend if mine believes the board have been 'unlucky', whilst another argues that our net spend is higher than Tottenham's so they're clearly investing.

It's upsetting that they can't see the board for who they really are. They're our Donald Trump, and some people still see them as a positive.
ammo
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by ammo »

And it's a no from me. Can't wait 'til they leave our club.
Graza

Post by Graza »

thejackhammer wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:29 am A dear friend if mine believes the board have been 'unlucky', whilst another argues that our net spend is higher than Tottenham's so they're clearly investing.

It's upsetting that they can't see the board for who they really are. They're our Donald Trump, and some people still see them as a positive.
There is one fact which is beyond doubt where the club has improved under their stewardship - cash flow. We have lower levels of debt and higher levels of income. That's provable fact.

How much of that was down to anything they did (other than funding BFS in the championship) and how much it was down to the ludicrous PL TV deals? I'm rather more inclined to say it's the latter than the former given that all our other revenue, including ticket sales income, is virtually no different than before they rolled up and jammed there sticky fingers in the pie.
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 313 likes
Total likes: 1087 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

Voted no and would most likely vote no whoever the board were. Success on the pitch would need min 300m sticking in, that might get us a trophy. Off the pitch now needs what 700m-1bn mark to rebuild. If the club took that on it would kill us so it needs to be the owner - can they even do that with ffp?
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 449 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Wealthy owners mean the square root of nothing if they don't run the club properly. I loosely follow Malaga and their Billionaire has got very bored of his toy; and now they wallow in the Segunda. They'd been in the Champions League at one point.
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:42 am Off the pitch now needs what 700m-1bn mark to rebuild. If the club took that on it would kill us so it needs to be the owner - can they even do that with ffp?
Pretty sure ffp doesn't include infrastructure projects etc.
MadaHammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by MadaHammer »

Here's a link to the talksport interview (from 11 mins in): https://talksport.com/radio/listen-agai ... 579194000/
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 313 likes
Total likes: 1087 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

btajim - mcfc wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:45 am Wealthy owners mean the square root of nothing if they don't run the club properly. I loosely follow Malaga and their Billionaire has got very bored of his toy; and now they wallow in the Segunda. They'd been in the Champions League at one point.
Equally running it properly won't bring success unless you've got a few hundred million to spend
wivenhoetim
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by wivenhoetim »

Of course its a no. Confidence in anything can only be fostered through evidence and examples of previous good practice.. The merest hint would show they were just misguided rather than consciously ripping apart the heart and soul of a once great club. They really should hang their heads in shame, apologise and move on. Dont hold your breath.
...Vermin, with not an ounce of empathy or understanding of how to run a business or look after their customers. Whilst they continue to get the support of the majority of the media and the majority of fans are willing to continue parting with their hard earned cash nothing will change and they will continue getting away with their "Great Rotten Bowl Swindle"
I am Lawro
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by I am Lawro »

I know that this is only a proportionately small number of our supporters, but the results are truly hilarious. :lol:

GSB out.