The January Transfer Window 2020

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Re: The January Transfer Window 2020

Post by thejackhammer »

Graza wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:24 am Bilic will know we are there for the taking and the confidence it would give his team from battering a premier league team. Plus then he can spit in GSB's face. Wins all round for him.
'Battering a Premier League team'

I know things are looking bleak but my didn't we all wake up on the pessimistic side of the bed this morning?
Graza

Post by Graza »

wormley wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:37 pm There's plenty of life in the old girl yet, yes sh'e in a particularly abusive 4-way relationship right now, but just around the corner they'll be a rich businessmen looking to step in and offer her salvation and a way off the Stratford streets.
For every pretty woman (Man City/Chelsea) there are a dozen chopped up bodies in landfill (us under the icelandics, us under GSB, Birmingham, QPR, Fulham, etc.)

This metaphor is getting dark...
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1041 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

I guess if I was going to inherit 200 m I’d be more positive about West Ham as well
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

no doubt we will put out a weaker team to save ourselves for the cup. so expect west brom to win and us to lose the next few league games as per usual

we have played well twice this season fully controlling games against Norwich and Bournemouth not great.
Graza

Post by Graza »

thejackhammer wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:25 am 'Battering a Premier League team'

I know things are looking bleak but my didn't we all wake up on the pessimistic side of the bed this morning?
Oxford wasn't that long ago and we've not added anyone of note since then (no Moyes and Rudolph don't count as "of note").

Allen is still our only realistic transfer target and he is more of what we have and don't think is good enough, we are also only offering ⅓ of what they want so probably won't happen anyway.

We still play at the worst stadium in the league.

GSB are still our owners, still taking loans interest out of the club and still getting their paid shills to lie in the press.

Where West Ham are involved what is there to be anything other than pessimistic about?
Graza

Post by Graza »

thejackhammer wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:24 am Did I really just read hammerbot mk11 try to claim Sheffield United were 'by far' the better team?! :lol:

My god can people please stop quoting him.
Come on at least it gave you a laugh this morning.
Belchio

Post by Belchio »

Just imagine the uproar in 14 days time when we have bought only a replacement keeper in to replace Martin/Robertos duties.

I just cant see us getting anyone else in currently to help with the squad. Too many other clubs out there whom offer more as a whole to a player/agent/their families.

Terrible owners,amateur transfer dealings, poor training facilities and a team which cant find 2nd gear

Our reputation is mud currently and last nights rubbish on Talk Sport only made it worse.
ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by ironilunga »

Georgee Paris wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:29 am I guess if I was going to inherit 200 m I’d be more positive about West Ham as well
Nah, once a miserable fuc*er always a miserable fuc*er :thup:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 257 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I can tell you one that will definitely happen and that's Brexit, in exactly two weeks today
woodford
Has liked: 420 likes
Total likes: 307 likes

Post by woodford »

The levels of repeated misery on this thread always reaches a new peak just when you think it couldn't get any more miserable

That this thread needs is a list of who we need and who we should sell. Then some attached values ( in millions ) that may as well have been pulled out of a gerbils arse
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1041 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

woodford wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:44 am The levels of repeated misery on this thread always reaches a new peak just when you think it couldn't get any more miserable

That this thread needs is a list of who we need and who we should sell. Then some attached values ( in millions ) that may as well have been pulled out of a gerbils arse
That would be a very small list.
Macca1973
Has liked: 1838 likes
Total likes: 1150 likes

Post by Macca1973 »

Puff Daddy wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:44 am I can tell you one that will definitely happen and that's Brexit, in exactly two weeks today
The owners will probably use Brexit as an excuse to not sign anyone more players from mainland Europe :lol:
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 205 likes
Total likes: 217 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

Depending on how the result and protest goes, do people think players would be even more wary of joining?
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

iLoveLasagne wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:05 am Depending on how the result and protest goes, do people think players would be even more wary of joining?
A peaceful, static protest shouldn't have too much effect. Considering racism doesn't seem stop players signing for clubs/leagues known to have issues, I think we'll be ok. It only seems to effect players decision's when it's training ground intimidation etc.

Bearing in mind we're unlikely to sign anyone of note anyways it's kinda a mute point.
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 519 likes
Total likes: 225 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

woodford wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:44 am The levels of repeated misery on this thread always reaches a new peak just when you think it couldn't get any more miserable
Wait until around 5pm tomorrow evening, it could become even more depressing.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2402 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

As another poster said, West Brom have little interest in the cup.
Their league form is rubbish and the chasing pack are breathing down their necks.
Bilic will be prioritising the league for sure and his line up will reflect that
It is quite a good draw for us IMHO
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1514 likes
Total likes: 3173 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:00 am As another poster said, West Ham have little interest in the cup.
Their league form is rubbish and the chasing pack are breathing down their necks.
Moyes will be prioritising the league for sure and his line up will reflect that
It is quite a good draw for them IMHO
But it is fair to balance that
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Puff Daddy wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:44 am I can tell you one that will definitely happen and that's Brexit, in exactly two weeks today
It's happening in name only Puff. Nothing is changing
Graza

Post by Graza »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:00 am As another poster said, West Brom have little interest in the cup.
Bilic will be prioritising the league for sure and his line up will reflect that
It is quite a good draw for us IMHO
The added humiliation of our first team being outplayed, out thought and beaten by the second string of a championship team...

Great.

I look forward to it.
rigoberts song
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 346 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

As sure as day follows night West Brom will beat us its the West Ham way.