West Ham Utd 1-1 Everton (18/01/20)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Re: West Ham United v Everton: Match Thread

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

I'm actually quite excited about tomorrow. Couple of pints in Tap East then protest and the match.

Far more interesting being in a relegation battle than boring mid-table right?

I'm seriously worried about Everton's attacking line-up and their pace. DCL and Richarlison could rip us a new one, before you start to consider the damage Sigurdsson will do to us.

Do we have enough to mitigate their advances? No, we will definitely concede IMO, but have a chance of getting perhaps 1 goal.

For me, 2-1 to Everton or optimistically, 1-1.
ads78
Has liked: 51 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by ads78 »

Given the sounds of our injury list for this one, I would play:

Randolph
Diop - Balbuena - Ogbonna
Zabaleta - Rice - Noble - Cresswell
Snodgrass - Haller - Fornals

Subs: Martin, Cardoso, Sanchez, Lanzini, Ajeti, + 2 of the U23s

This has got to be one of the least inspiring sides we have ever put out!!!
wormley
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by wormley »

keithwright1977 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:58 am but thankfully footballs played on grass
I've had my suspicions for a while and that would explain some of our performances and atrocious league position.
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 206 likes
Total likes: 217 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

LincolnshireHammer wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:07 am I'm actually quite excited about tomorrow. Couple of pints in Tap East then protest and the match.

Far more interesting being in a relegation battle than boring mid-table right?

I'm seriously worried about Everton's attacking line-up and their pace. DCL and Richarlison could rip us a new one, before you start to consider the damage Sigurdsson will do to us.

Do we have enough to mitigate their advances? No, we will definitely concede IMO, but have a chance of getting perhaps 1 goal.

For me, 2-1 to Everton or optimistically, 1-1.
Sigurdsson has been operating deeper and not to great effect. But their FBs may cause us issues. Bernard playing OK from what I hear. Walcott has his pace too obviously. I agree with your predictions. Playing a semi-fit Randolph might be a risk. What are the chances of him playing then getting injured in the game I wonder?
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1492 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Rooney's back in England so he's a banker to score
sussexhammer74
Has liked: 268 likes
Total likes: 242 likes

Post by sussexhammer74 »

Richarlison and Sigurdsson both out for them tomorrow.

So typical West Ham, have optimistic hope for the game, only to be trounced by Everton.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

massive that richarlison is out. they're an average team, poor and the road and he's far their best source of goals.

if we're going to stay up it's going to be by beating teams who are suffering an off day for one reason or another.
keithwright1977

Post by keithwright1977 »

sussexhammer74 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:37 pm Richarlison and Sigurdsson both out for them tomorrow.

So typical West Ham, have optimistic hope for the game, only to be trounced by Everton.
Don’t get sucked into the, they’ve got players out old chestnut, it always backfires on us
Italian Hammer
Total likes: 297 likes

Post by Italian Hammer »

Might be best reserved for prematch and half time, but the least we can do is sing out a few classics to get a few messages across:

"One scout, we've only got one scout"

"Where's the money gone, where's the money gone"

I'll leave it the wittier types on KUMB to come up with some others that adequately sum up running of this club
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Beavis Danzig wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:46 pm massive that richarlison is out. they're an average team, poor and the road and he's far their best source of goals.

if we're going to stay up it's going to be by beating teams who are suffering an off day for one reason or another.
If we can turn this into a scrappy affair we should be able to nick all three points. Everton players seem to lack fight
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2390 likes

Post by Ozza »

Really I thought their form had been decent except for MC and the other scousers?

Think we’re going to get done personally
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Everton have been poor this season.

They're full of overpaid Champions League rejects, Ancelotti even said they lack fight after they lost to Liverpool u23s.

Our players will certainly show more grit under Moyes than Everton will, Richarlison out is big as well.

It will come down to a moment of quality, and I'd back Haller or Fornals over Bernard and Siggurdsson to come up with it.
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 206 likes
Total likes: 217 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

I reckon their energy, movement and pace will defeat us. But as above I did say we could get a 1-1 result, I reckon there is a chance we nick a goal late on. Another crack papered over.
Cellar-door
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 297 likes

Post by Cellar-door »

thejackhammer wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:59 pm Everton have been poor this season.

They're full of overpaid Champions League rejects, Ancelotti even said they lack fight after they lost to Liverpool u23s.

Our players will certainly show more grit under Moyes than Everton will, Richarlison out is big as well.

It will come down to a moment of quality, and I'd back Haller or Fornals over Bernard and Siggurdsson to come up with it.
And yet they have 12 points and a +4 GD in their last 7 league matches(CHE.MU,ARS, BRN, NEW, MC, BRI)
while we have 6 points and a -2 GD in out last 7 (WOL,ARS,SOTON,CP, LEI, BOU, SU)

They've been pretty decent since the start of December, and we've been poor. Maybe we pull it out, but they should be heavy favorites.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 583 likes
Total likes: 527 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Ironing Board wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:56 pm If we can turn this into a scrappy affair we should be able to nick all three points. Everton players seem to lack fight
And when was the last time our lot showed any fight?
About 1980 wasn't it?
I'm exaggerating, obviously, but not by much!
Headbanger
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 509 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

The feckers never posted out my tickets for the match (ordered 17/12). I'm guessing it's straight forward collecting from the North Stand ticket office?

goa127
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

Cellar-door wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:48 pm And yet they have 12 points and a +4 GD in their last 7 league matches(CHE.MU,ARS, BRN, NEW, MC, BRI)
while we have 6 points and a -2 GD in out last 7 (WOL,ARS,SOTON,CP, LEI, BOU, SU)

They've been pretty decent since the start of December, and we've been poor. Maybe we pull it out, but they should be heavy favorites.
make that our last eight league games and we have an extra 3 points. I'd say it's a 50/50 game really
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2400 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Like 95% of matches between the also rans of the Premier league this will be decided by fine margins.
Nothing much to choose between 15 or so teams when it comes down to individual matches.

We could as easily win 4-0 as lose 4-0

Probably will be decided by a bit of luck, a mistake or a really good bit of skill by someone
One Peter Butler
Has liked: 51 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Post by One Peter Butler »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:35 pm Like 95% of matches between the also rans of the Premier league this will be decided by fine margins.
Nothing much to choose between 15 or so teams when it comes down to individual matches.

We could as easily win 4-0 as lose 4-0

Probably will be decided by a bit of luck, a mistake or a really good bit of skill by someone
With that stadium we are 1-0 down before the kick off.
War Pony
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 88 likes

Post by War Pony »

Going to the protest, probably won't bother going in the ground. I hope we lose to up the ante against those cretins