A vote of confidence [POLL]

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Do you have confidence in WHUFC's board to deliver success both on and off the pitch?

Yes
2%
No
96%
Unsure
3%

Total votes: 436

Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Re: A vote of confidence [POLL]

Post by Mega Ron »

EastEndIRON wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:09 pm No confidence whatsoever

This board have been the single most catastrophic influence on West Ham United

They do not, and never will, understand what makes this club special.
I think they know alright, and they've been using it against us for a decade
rouchie
Has liked: 8 likes

Post by rouchie »

Mega Ron wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:44 pm It just shows how poorly the club is run.

They have only paid 4 stooges to participate in the online vote.
Ah, but they do have an ad for some volunteer stooges
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

sendô wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:13 pm 10 years.
Bloody hell.
What have we achieved? We're literally in the same position in the league that we were in when they left.
100%, we are now in a far worse position, on a number of different levels.
We are further away from the pitch & totally further away from EVER winning anything again.
It's not even enjoyable just watching us anymore..
Samba

Post by Samba »

Gormalysis wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:51 pm I suspect those 3 people either slipped or weren't wearing their reading glasses
Or recently been kicked in the head by a horse..
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Hmmm, its an oblique question I feel as what measure are we using as 'success' for both on the pitch and off? It could be construed as - staying in the Premiership and being financial stable which, (to date) may be a tick in the box for both. The trouble is the question behind the question is really do you like/trust the board is it not?

It appears to me that the problem the board have is unfulfilled 'ambition' promised the supporters and fans whilst, apparently, doing very well for themselves. In reality what they did was 'borrow' a huge amount of goodwill from their major stakeholders (us) and then spectacularly failed to deliver. So 'success' in this thread, IMHO, depends on what you are measuring and 'WHO' is measuring it.
Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron »

What could they do wrong in your eyes
pbenjy
Has liked: 20 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by pbenjy »

Gsbgsb wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:39 pm How are you defining “success”?
An enjoyable afternoon at the football and feeling proud of West Ham. And I have no confidence that the current board can deliver either,
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:27 pm And if they give him an extension there will be uproar on here about crap football. They may well be incompetent crooks but i am not sure their egos are behind the changing tack every five minutes, I think we as fans need to decide what we want as well. It takes about 4 iffy results before threads start up on binning the manager.

Grant aside I would say they have hired good managers and they have to a greater extent backed them in the transfer market. I would agree on the idea of having a long term strategy but you almost certainly couldn't do that and keep all the fans happy.
Of course they can't keep all the fans happy but they could and should set a long term strategy and stick to it. It shouldn't matter if the manager leaves or not because we'll have a clear plan in place. The threads/reaction after a few defeats is a modern social media issue that goes way beyond football. You can't and shouldn't run a football club by being swayed by the polorized online world.

How many people would really be upset if they said something like "our policy will be to buy younger players and develop them, if they leave the club the money raised will be reinvested in further player purchase whilst we grow the club" the red bull strategy that Moyes has already alluded to? I'd be happy with that.

Or as they have consistently claimed they are doing this as fans not businessmen "as fans of the club from this point on we will no longer be taking and interest in loans bringing us inline with othet Premier League football club owners"

Their ego has to be behind it or are we saying that two self-made multi millionaires are unable to implement a plan to run a football club professionally after years of owning football clubs. Sully simply can't/won't relinquish control of the footballing side of things despite him clearly not being capable of the role he has appointed himself to. That's pure ego.

As a fan I just want us to be run professionally and with some form of identity. Most of the views that are being expressed now are after ten years of bull****. It's not knee jerk in most cases it's people reaching the end of their tether after consistently being mislead.

f*** me I got on one there :lol:
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

Diogenes wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:26 pm Hmmm, its an oblique question I feel as what measure are we using as 'success' for both on the pitch and off?
You get to determine that for yourself and then vote accordingly.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Mega Ron wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:50 pm What could they do wrong in your eyes
I think I stated that pretty clearly Mega. Not delivering.
Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron »

It wasn't clear at all.

It seemed that you were pondering things
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Mega Ron wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:22 pm It wasn't clear at all.

It seemed that you were pondering things
Sorry Mega but I don't see the following as 'pondering' , however if it seems that way perhaps I could have been more explicit.

It appears to me that the problem the board have is unfulfilled 'ambition' promised the supporters and fans whilst, apparently, doing very well for themselves. In reality what they did was 'borrow' a huge amount of goodwill from their major stakeholders (us) and then spectacularly failed to deliver. So 'success' in this thread, IMHO, depends on what you are measuring and 'WHO' is measuring it.
Samba

Post by Samba »

Diogenes wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:26 pm Hmmm, its an oblique question I feel as what measure are we using as 'success' for both on the pitch and off? It could be construed as - staying in the Premiership and being financial stable which, (to date) may be a tick in the box for both. The trouble is the question behind the question is really do you like/trust the board is it not?
What is there exactly to like or trust about this board?
THEY nearly took us down in 09/10, they DID take us down in 10/11, we were VERY lucky to scrape up in 11/12 & we've flirted with relegation, every season ever since we moved, with this season now being a real possibility that they will take us down, AGAIN.
Financially stable? It's the transfer window, we're badly struggling, not scoring nearly enough or often enough & we've just rebought Darren F*cking Randolph.

It appears to me that the problem the board have is unfulfilled 'ambition' promised the supporters and fans
You can promise to buy the club & then do it. You can't promise any actual success. No one in any sport can. Otherwise we'd all make a fortune at the bookies.
However, they DID 'promise' (well, they bandied the words about as if they actually meant them) us a world class team, in a world class stadium. After 10 years, we have neither. We have a Frankenstein's Monster of a team, in a sh*thole of an athletics stadium that every other teams supporters, laughs at.
Samba

Post by Samba »

pbenjy wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:31 pm An enjoyable afternoon at the football and feeling proud of West Ham. And I have no confidence that the current board can deliver either,
And it's been a long, long time since anyone did either.
Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY will became usual"

Post by Universidad-de-Chile »

bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 609 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

I think the definition of successful comes from the board themselves.

Champions league football
Stadium move to bring further success
Consistently challenging for top six
Bringing top quality players to the club
E gaging with the fans

I judge them not by my definition of success but by theirs and they fail on every count

Huge no from me
Graza

Post by Graza »

Universidad-de-Chile wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:00 pm song
I think you'll find this is the perfect expression of their tenure: *NSFW or Kids

Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 330 likes
Total likes: 591 likes

Post by Croydon »

bristolhammerfc wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:04 pm I think the definition of successful comes from the board themselves.

E gaging with the fans

I judge them not by my definition of success but by theirs and they fail on every count

Huge no from me
Well said
The Straw
Has liked: 550 likes
Total likes: 1334 likes

Post by The Straw »

Staying in the top division is not success for our club. It surprises me that mere survival has been mooted as such by those playing devil's advocate.

It's simple for me. We seldom challenge for the title. Once in the post war era have we come close. We're not that big a club.

But what is sport without glory? There is no point just existing. Finishing 9th or 17th. What does it matter for us. I could throw out random years and ask where we finished that season. Most would not know. Who remembers finishing 14th again?

If I said 1975 or 1980 every single one of us would know what happened.

Sick of just existing. Give me the FA cup and a few years in the championship. What difference does it make?
Romford_Iron
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 271 likes

Post by Romford_Iron »

bristolhammerfc wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:04 pm I think the definition of successful comes from the board themselves.

E gaging with the fans

Huge no from me
Exactly this :thup: