A vote of confidence [POLL]

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Do you have confidence in WHUFC's board to deliver success both on and off the pitch?

Yes
2%
No
96%
Unsure
3%

Total votes: 436

Tackler

Re: A vote of confidence [POLL]

Post by Tackler »

Good poll this

Stick it under the noses of SG&B ASSAP and every media outlet out there
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Diogenes wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:26 pm Hmmm, its an oblique question I feel as what measure are we using as 'success' for both on the pitch and off? It could be construed as - staying in the Premiership and being financial stable ...
If it was as “oblique” as you claim you’d think the results might be a little less unoblique than they currently are. The game is up both metaphorically and (for a huge amount of us) also literally whilst the parasites remain.
miles
This site...
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 412 likes

Post by miles »

10 years is more than enough time to judge them on. They have failed.
Graza

Post by Graza »

Tackler wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:47 am Good poll this

Stick it under the noses of SG&B ASSAP and every media outlet out there
Sadly the number of voters is so low that it's statistically insignificant.
Tackler

Post by Tackler »

Graza wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:50 am Sadly the number of voters is so low that it's statistically insignificant.
Hammer Polls on Twitter might run it later I asked them too and credit KUMB if they do, they attract many voters.

https://twitter.com/HammersPolls
Graza

Post by Graza »

Tackler wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:55 am Hammer Polls on Twitter might run it later I asked them too and credit KUMB if they do, they attract many voters.

https://twitter.com/HammersPolls
Problem is that Twitter is an open shop and should "someone" want to put a finger on the scale so to speak it would cost about £100 to see the result completely changed which is why no one should ever trust a Twitter poll. Also Twitter is a toxic wasteland of screaming vileness and I won't go near it.

This poll currently has just under 400 votes, I don't know what the membership of kumb is but I'm certain it's a lot higher than that.
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

Graza wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:50 am Sadly the number of voters is so low that it's statistically insignificant.
To some degree, yes. However the overwhelming majority does absolutely give a clear indication of the boards support from users of this forum.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Diogenes wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:40 pm Sorry Mega but I don't see the following as 'pondering' , however if it seems that way perhaps I could have been more explicit.

It appears to me that the problem the board have is unfulfilled 'ambition' promised the supporters and fans whilst, apparently, doing very well for themselves. In reality what they did was 'borrow' a huge amount of goodwill from their major stakeholders (us) and then spectacularly failed to deliver. So 'success' in this thread, IMHO, depends on what you are measuring and 'WHO' is measuring it.
I wasn't, and am not (for once perhaps), trying to be difficult.

Perhaps I'm just a bit thick, but I still don't see it as being particularly clear.
Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron »

Most polling companies use 400 or 1000 people in their samples.

There is a reason for this:

A sample size of 400 will give you a confidence interval of +/-5% 19 times out of 20 (95%)

A sample size of 1000 will give you a confidence interval of +/-3% 19 times out of 20 (95%)

When you are measuring a proportion near 50% anyways.

This calculator isn't bad:

https://stats.stackexchange.com/questio ... population
Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron »

So, according to that, the poll IS statistically significant
Graza

Post by Graza »

PF. wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:03 am To some degree, yes. However the overwhelming majority does absolutely give a clear indication of the boards support from users of this forum.
No doubt, and reading any of the threads this comes through loud and clear. But they'll say they have a million "fans" on their mailing list so 400 malcontents are nothing.and statistically they'd be right.

Don't get me wrong I voted very much no and have pages of diatribe on this and other threads to confirm that view. Sadly the numbers just don't give it the weight we'd like.
Graza

Post by Graza »

Mega Ron wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:24 am Most polling companies use 400 or 1000 people in their samples.

There is a reason for this:

A sample size of 400 will give you a confidence interval of +/-5% 19 times out of 20 (95%)

A sample size of 1000 will give you a confidence interval of +/-3% 19 times out of 20 (95%)

When you are measuring a proportion near 50% anyways.

This calculator isn't bad:

https://stats.stackexchange.com/questio ... population
The issue here is more diversity of pool. A polling company wouldn't go for one demographic in one place (unless that was what they were targeting), it would be easy to paint a small number from a single site. You could just paint it as a site of malcontents and discard it if you were a media shill or Jim "the puppet" White etc.
MadMart
Location: "overhead a rainbow appears..... in Black and White"
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by MadMart »

1% of fans have confidence in the present board :lol: This board meeting is over, sell up and f*** off you parasites
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 754 likes
Total likes: 3481 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Poll receives in excess of 2,000 votes within 24 hours across all KUMB channels: https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=134270
Aurora borealis
Has liked: 44 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Aurora borealis »

N O !
MadMart
Location: "overhead a rainbow appears..... in Black and White"
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by MadMart »

Up the Junction wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:44 am Poll receives in excess of 2,000 votes within 24 hours across all KUMB channels: https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=134270
Those results :lol: WOW - see you up there in a bit my fellow protesting shareholders COYI
The Terminator
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by The Terminator »

I imagine the 1% who voted yes are simply taking the p***
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

I voted no, despite being accused of being one of their children recently.

I was expecting no to win, I did not expect such a vast difference in numbers. It's nice to see that my hatred of the board is mirrored by the rest of my fellow KUMBers.

We were here before them, and we'll be here after them.
Boooogers!

Post by Boooogers! »

Mega Ron wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:25 am So, according to that, the poll IS statistically significant
Statistically significant for the internet forum using kumb membership, not the entire fanbase😉

People that use internet forums are generally nerds or just like to have a moan...
brothernero
Has liked: 741 likes
Total likes: 752 likes

Post by brothernero »

Up the Junction wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:44 am Poll receives in excess of 2,000 votes within 24 hours across all KUMB channels: https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=134270

Wow even on twitter they have only received 4% worth of votes. (91% No) That alone is pretty damning. :thup: