David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1071 likes

Re: Preston north end and David moyes

Post by pezza20 »

I made the point on the other thread about our lack of investment in the scouting department.

We had 5 scouts under Pelle, and 2 were his son and Hussilos's, who have both now left.

Moyes had a third party study done and in all aspects the club is a shambles, if you recall the dwarf said when he hired Pelle he would invest in state of the art scouting systems, including people, well as usual the **** lied, and none of this was done, and now we are back to his tried and tested formula (which incidently doesn't work and has led us down several relegation or near relegation paths) of just using his agent ,mates to source him players.

Our club is run on as least money as possible so the spivs can pocket as much as they can while they are alive.
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1086 likes
Total likes: 1397 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

pezza20 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:17 am I made the point on the other thread about our lack of investment in the scouting department.

We had 5 scouts under Pelle, and 2 were his son and Hussilos's, who have both now left.

Moyes had a third party study done and in all aspects the club is a shambles, if you recall the dwarf said when he hired Pelle he would invest in state of the art scouting systems, including people, well as usual the **** lied, and none of this was done, and now we are back to his tried and tested formula (which incidently doesn't work and has led us down several relegation or near relegation paths) of just using his agent ,mates to source him players.

Our club is run on as least money as possible so the spivs can pocket as much as they can while they are alive.
This is all very important.

Mario came in as DOF, but he was essentially just a highly paid glorified scout. Part of his remit should have been to set up a scouting network for the club long term but being a hired gun who would only be here a year or 2 he had no incentive to. All he did was use the money in the first summer to bring in targets he had already highlighted / found for Peller's. He barely even seemed to be involved in negotiations this last summer which was a worry.

With our owners clearly not being capable of thinking long term, we need to bring someone in who does have the ability to in a DOF role. Someone who picks the managers, sets up a scouting network, works with managers to work on targets, negotiates all contracts (top to bottom) etc. At the moment, with a change of management team every 1 - 3 years and a revolution of the set up each time this has not been made possible. Our owners would find if they set this up they'd actually save a lot more in the longrun.

Moyes study would have shown this was all a shambles and he needs to throw whatever weight he has around in the next 18 months to change that so 18 months turns into 3 - 4 years and further so he can turn this club around. He worked on setting this up at Everton to great effect and was somewhat lost when he found that Man U (and all of their size) didn't have something similar set up (it's was all down to Fergie), which all played into his downfall there in my view.
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

westlondonhammer wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:16 am This is all very important.
:thup:
Excellent, wlh.
neathiron
Has liked: 487 likes
Total likes: 337 likes

Re: David Moyes - 18th Permanent Manager of WHUFC

Post by neathiron »

Liked his post match interview on Sky Sports today. Its refreshing to have a manager who actually cares and tells it how it is. Took some positives but was also quick to point out where we should have done better. Not like that clown Pellegrini who was programmed to say "I think we played a good game" coming off the back of another embarrassing defeat. Haven't seen the Ajeti incident myself but Moyes stuck up for him and said something along the lines of "defenders used to be tougher back in his day".
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

today really just cements that we're all getting what we expected with moyes from last time out, for better or worse.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Beavis Danzig wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:12 pm today really just cements that we're all getting what we expected with moyes from last time out, for better or worse.
Bullocks - he is managing with a hand behind his back due to our complete lack of squad depth.

How can you judge someone based on a few games when he has not even been allowed to put any sort of footprint on the team itself?!?
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

westlondonhammer wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:16 am This is all very important.

Mario came in as DOF, but he was essentially just a highly paid glorified scout. Part of his remit should have been to set up a scouting network for the club long term but being a hired gun who would only be here a year or 2 he had no incentive to. All he did was use the money in the first summer to bring in targets he had already highlighted / found for Peller's. He barely even seemed to be involved in negotiations this last summer which was a worry.

With our owners clearly not being capable of thinking long term, we need to bring someone in who does have the ability to in a DOF role. Someone who picks the managers, sets up a scouting network, works with managers to work on targets, negotiates all contracts (top to bottom) etc. At the moment, with a change of management team every 1 - 3 years and a revolution of the set up each time this has not been made possible. Our owners would find if they set this up they'd actually save a lot more in the longrun.

Moyes study would have shown this was all a shambles and he needs to throw whatever weight he has around in the next 18 months to change that so 18 months turns into 3 - 4 years and further so he can turn this club around. He worked on setting this up at Everton to great effect and was somewhat lost when he found that Man U (and all of their size) didn't have something similar set up (it's was all down to Fergie), which all played into his downfall there in my view.
Hopefully the Pelligrini debacle will have highlighted they should have listened to the results in the study in the first place.

There are no shortcuts to success, especially for a club in our position. We need to put in the hard work on and off the field to have sustained improvement and, finally, success.
neathiron
Has liked: 487 likes
Total likes: 337 likes

Post by neathiron »

Ironing Board wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:17 pm Bullocks - he is managing with a hand behind his back due to our complete lack of squad depth.
Pretty much indirectly mentioned that in his interview. Guy asking the questions said it must be good with all our injuries that he gets to see all his squad playing. But Moyes was quick to point out that we need more than what we've got now. Hope GSB listen for once.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

neathiron wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:27 pm Pretty much indirectly mentioned that in his interview. Guy asking the questions said it must be good with all our injuries that he gets to see all his squad playing. But Moyes was quick to point out that we need more than what we've got now. Hope GSB listen for once.
Exactly. Seems people are being disingenuous in the extreme to suggest he has the team playing how he wants after a couple of matches amidst an injury crisis!
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

That was another very boring game really - two mediocre clubs slugging it out. Was fairly *****. Wasn’t the worst game I’ve seen but continued the boring theme.
keithwright1977

Post by keithwright1977 »

Moyes has installed a work ethic into the players that Pellegrini couldn’t and he deserves credit for it, it’s still early days but if we can get a few players in then maybe, with a bit of luck, we can move away from the relegation zone
keithwright1977

Post by keithwright1977 »

Beavis Danzig wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:12 pm today really just cements that we're all getting what we expected with moyes from last time out, for better or worse.
I’d rather be watching us put in a committed performance than watch us surrender after conceding under Pellegrini.
Have you ever tried polishing a turd...... impossible, I’m not saying we were ever a turd but we weren’t far off
Boooogers!

Post by Boooogers! »

keithwright1977 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:41 pm I’d rather be watching us put in a committed performance than watch us surrender after conceding under Pellegrini.
Have you ever tried polishing a turd...... impossible, I’m not saying we were ever a turd but we weren’t far off
Its possible if you stick it in the freezer then dip it in lacquer
Diogenes
Has liked: 480 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Georgee Paris wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:30 pm That was another very boring game really - two mediocre clubs slugging it out. Was fairly *****. Wasn’t the worst game I’ve seen but continued the boring theme.
Strange, I didn't find it boring at all and neither did those with me. Plenty of chances created and some good football. To be fair to Moyes he appears to have got some energy back in the side and not afraid to change formation or mix up in style of play. Opinions eh!
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

Pretty turgid stuff yesterday
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

An utterly dull point grinding exercise, as would be expected from Moyes.
ParkersHere
Has liked: 155 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by ParkersHere »

hadleighhammer wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:41 am An utterly dull point grinding exercise, as would be expected from Moyes.
A game we would have lost under pellegrini
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 212 likes
Total likes: 671 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

hadleighhammer wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:41 am An utterly dull point grinding exercise, as would be expected from Moyes.
I agree. Although at this point in time its history repeating itself. A manager grateful for the charity of a job, coming in on the back of our owners refusing to spend. This time its Randall not Hughill as the token signing.

I think that if Pellegrini was sacked with us safe, Moyes doesn't get the job. I think if Wilshere and Fabianski weren't injured Moyes doesn't get the job.

I don't blame Moyes He is the equivalent of a managerial puncture repair kit.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

ParkersHere wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:43 am A game we would have lost under pellegrini
Everton were so dogshit Pellegrini's West Ham would have stood a good chance of winning that let alone getting a point.
ParkersHere
Has liked: 155 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by ParkersHere »

hadleighhammer wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:12 am Everton were so dogshit Pellegrini's West Ham would have stood a good chance of winning that let alone getting a point.
Maybe but there is not much evidence to support that this season. Moyes had his only 2 attacking players with pace out we really need Anderson and Antonio back.