Leicester City 4-1 West Ham Utd (22/01/20)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Re: Leicester City v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by Beavis Danzig »

need a point from this after the weekend, which given the fact they've just lost to saints and a freefalling burnley i'd be disappointed if we didn't manage. they aren't half the team without ndidi.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4294 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Beavis Danzig wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:20 pm need a point from this after the weekend, which given the fact they've just lost to saints and a freefalling burnley i'd be disappointed if we didn't manage. they aren't half the team without ndidi.
They beat us without him about three weeks ago.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

Leicester in poor form you say? Exit stage right West Ham to provide them a welcome boost.

Their pace will be too much for us. Despite Zab having his best game for us in ages, 2 games in a week is too much. Can’t see Moyes risking an untried youngster or tinkering with the formation
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4294 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

A point would be good. Their reserves beat us very recently.
ParkersHere
Has liked: 149 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Post by ParkersHere »

Don't see us getting much from this. A point would be great but I reckon Rodgers will have them fired up after losing to Burnley..
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Would like to see us return to 3 at the back to help deal with vardy a bit

------------------randolph

-----diop ----ogbonna cresswell

Zabs -----snodgrass rice ----arthur

--------------------fornels

--------------ajeti ------haller

Diop to provide cover for zabs

Arthur to provide some crosses for the front 2

Fornals the link
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

Right now I would take a point but knowing West Ham we will be in a comfortable position until late on and give away an easy goal which will make a draw feel like a defeat.
keithwright1977

Post by keithwright1977 »

After getting beat by their second string, the first team having been on a dodgy run so let’s hope they stick with the first team, hopefully we can make a game of it and get a result COYI
Kenny

Post by Kenny »

Hi all, I don’t know if it’s a good time or bad time to play us, we have gone right of the boil, Vardy is not firing(should of scored a hat trick yesterday), the high energy press that has served us well hasn’t been seen in weeks, I just think we’re knackered.

Like a lot of clubs this time of year teams rotate, some teams cope better, for us it’s not happening and I wouldn’t be surprised if you beat us, our spark is just not there.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Kenny wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:17 am Hi all, I don’t know if it’s a good time or bad time to play us, we have gone right of the boil, Vardy is not firing(should of scored a hat trick yesterday), the high energy press that has served us well hasn’t been seen in weeks, I just think we’re knackered.

Like a lot of clubs this time of year teams rotate, some teams cope better, for us it’s not happening and I wouldn’t be surprised if you beat us, our spark is just not there.
I'm hoping for similar.

Nothing against Leicester but we should be on a similar pegging. We were linked with/didn't stump the cash for Vardy, Kante, Maddison, Maguire, Evans, Tielemans and probably some more.

Unfortunately our owners are constantly regressing us and stripping the squad, whilst fattening the squad up with high-wage mercenaries and aging has-beens.

Even when we sign players like Fornals and Haller it comes with the price of the squad. 4 strikers out to bring Haller in.

In another world the Olympics were held in Leicester, West Ham are in the top 3 and Leicester are fending off relegation under their owners Gold and Sullivan who aren't perfect but at least they're lifelong Leicester fans.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 838 likes
Total likes: 1982 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Kenny wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:17 am Hi all, I don’t know if it’s a good time or bad time to play us, we have gone right of the boil, Vardy is not firing(should of scored a hat trick yesterday), the high energy press that has served us well hasn’t been seen in weeks, I just think we’re knackered.

Filling us up with a bit of jinxy hope, there Kenny! Way I saw it yesterday, on the highlights, it was Nick Pope who denied you all three points. You certainly had your fair share of scoring chances.

I would personally be happy with a draw.
Kenny

Post by Kenny »

I was there yesterday, and yes there keeper made a lot of saves, but even though I thought we should of won, we are still way off where we was before Christmas, to many players not playing well, I shouldn’t grumble really, but it would be great to finish in the top 4, just to shut up the sky fascination with the so called big 6.
Kenny

Post by Kenny »

thejackhammer wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:47 am I'm hoping for similar.

Nothing against Leicester but we should be on a similar pegging. We were linked with/didn't stump the cash for Vardy, Kante, Maddison, Maguire, Evans, Tielemans and probably some more.

Unfortunately our owners are constantly regressing us and stripping the squad, whilst fattening the squad up with high-wage mercenaries and aging has-beens.

Even when we sign players like Fornals and Haller it comes with the price of the squad. 4 strikers out to bring Haller in.

In another world the Olympics were held in Leicester, West Ham are in the top 3 and Leicester are fending off relegation under their owners Gold and Sullivan who aren't perfect but at least they're lifelong Leicester fans.
Having the right manager/scouting team is key, Puel for us even though the football was predictable sideways rubbish, he did change us from being a direct counter attacking team into a more possession based side and the good young signings have definitely helped

All Brendan has done is change it where we move the ball quicker in dangerous areas.

I look at West Ham, and there’s 3 problems, Your choice of managers have been underwhelming, turnover of players and the new ground where it could be years before you accept it.

There doesn’t really seem to be a plan in place and going back to Moyes is probably not the answer.

Must be so frustrating for a team with a big fan base
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

I've noticed that Leicester get nervous when teams take it to them and try to win the game. They wasn't sure what to do with Southampton's approach.

Win the second balls, aggressive in midfield and adequate cover for the full backs when they attack and I can see at least a point.
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 204 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

Confidence can be so fragile. We do well against teams who are on a poor run in my view. Watford, Bournemouth, Man U, Chelsea...were our wins where the teams were all suffering from bad form and missing key players.

Norwich and Southampton were the teams who we beat where I'd say whilst having a mixture of results, the latter are on a good run in fact. So it may not be a total surprise if we get something.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

hammers92 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:22 am I've noticed that Leicester get nervous when teams take it to them and try to win the game.

That rules us out then!
Moyes hasn't won in 25 away games against opposition in the top 8
Draw the best we can hope for IMHO
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Kenny wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:54 am I was there yesterday, and yes there keeper made a lot of saves, but even though I thought we should of won, we are still way off where we was before Christmas, to many players not playing well, I shouldn’t grumble really, but it would be great to finish in the top 4, just to shut up the sky fascination with the so called big 6.
You haven't seen us mate. We are ****ing terrible and if you can't beat a half fit team gifting you possession without any second invitation, especially from throw in's and which hasn't the first idea how to defend corner kicks, then you should be joining us down there
Adam 'The Smudge'

Post by Adam 'The Smudge' »

Smash n grab 2 nil. They've been fortunate with us a few times up there. Fancy us to to sit tight nick one from a set play then icing on the cake late on. :crest:
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1337 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

A difficult one to call. Depends on our injuries if we hope to get something from this game. For some inexplicable reason I feel confident for a surprise with all three points.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

They need a result to get back on track and will be up for it. along comes the west ham walking team.
our lack of options from the bench is starting to bite hard.
god knows who plays on Saturday but this game first and our strongest team whatever that is.
not impressed by lanzini for past couple of months shown very little and time to be dropped. give the Albanian monster a go.

Randolph
zabaleta diop ogbonna cresswell
fornals noble rice masuaka
haller ajeti

subs martin ngakai Balbuena Snodgrass Antonio lanzini plus U23 player.

cant see us getting anything from this but you never know.

snoddy to come on for fornals or masuaka second half or for a knackered noble !