Today i bumped into...

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

pablo jaye
Has liked: 2618 likes
Total likes: 938 likes

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by pablo jaye »

mushy wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:40 am Was he claiming the panto was real?
Oh no he wasn’t.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 497 likes
Total likes: 1982 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

This actor feller, in Waitrose. Big beard now.

Darren Boyd, apparently. I had no idea.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

barry silkman was very busy on the phone circa 830pm saturday night , sat just across from us in Canary wharf
codger
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by codger »

Back in 1970-71 Iwas on a road test for a customers car that I had just worked on. I was stopped in a line of traffic in Bradford street Braintree
Suddenly I got a huge wallop from behind. Imagine how I felt, customers car with one up the bum.
I jumped out of the car ready to have a go and then stopped in my tracks and shook hands with the perpetrator.
It was a young Johnny sissons on his way to Braintree College. We had a quick natter about the Hammers, I took his details and we went on
our ways.
Some others I have had coverstions with are John Spencer once world snooker champ, now deceased, Harry Stoneham and his two that make up the trio, Were part of the Dudley More trio before he died. and had good old natter with Pam Ayres. No side to her at all and just as funny as on her show. One Last one I played Cliff Thorbourne snooker in Pot Black at the Daily Maily Exhibition just one year before he became world champion.
Just remembered, Had been watching england cricket team on Tele and Graham Gooch the captain at the time injured his arm.
I had cause to go to Black Notley hospital for something that day, can't remember what now and I was in the waiting room sitting down when someone came and sat beside me. I had a shock when I realised that it was Graham Gooch. Didn't have a chance to say anything as his name was called out. Priority treatment for the famous it seems.
Overchuffed
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Overchuffed »

Bumped into Phil 'The power' Taylor in The Shire shopping centre in Leicester back in 2012 - it was the night after a Dart Premier League event in Nottingham. ASked if I could have a photo, he duly obliged. Was very polite (i remember he was wearing the Team GB 2012 Football shirt underneath his coat which at the time I thought was a bit weird, seeing a sportsman in a different sports top!
The lad I was with who I asked to take the photo for me didn't have a clue who he was and thought I'd just stopped a random stranger to have a photo!!!
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

Friday Afternoon 10th Jan 2020 at St Pancras station before getting on my train to Sheffield, meet Bobby Zamora who was also going to Sheffield
Had a nice chat, Talked about West Ham, the stadium, David Moyes. What a top bloke :scarfer:
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2019 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

'Bumped into' is a stretch, but saw STB in the carpark of The Rose, Shenfield today.

Hope I look as trim as him at that age. Some hope!

I was in there celebrating a family birthday and the one of the bar staff mentioned him when we paid our bill, too. She actually went so far as to include him in the same sentence as Noble, which I can just about understand, some hopeless old Arsenal player and Alan Brazil!!

I almost cancelled the tip on principle!
Whitters
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 79 likes

Post by Whitters »

Scandinavian midget ex-presenter of kids programme 'No. 73' and 'Bake Off', plus one or two other things Sandi Toksvig at Geneva Airport a couple of weeks ago, waiting for a bus or taxi to go skiing
WeallwantMoore

Post by WeallwantMoore »

Michelle wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:46 pm Friday Afternoon 10th Jan 2020 at St Pancras station before getting on my train to Sheffield, meet Bobby Zamora who was also going to Sheffield
Had a nice chat, Talked about West Ham, the stadium, David Moyes. What a top bloke :scarfer:
What did he have to say about it all?
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

Michelle wrote: ↑
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:46 pm
Friday Afternoon 10th Jan 2020 at St Pancras station before getting on my train to Sheffield, meet Bobby Zamora who was also going to Sheffield
Had a nice chat, Talked about West Ham, the stadium, David Moyes. What a top bloke
What did he have to say about it all?

He thought Moyes should have been given a chance 1st time round and all the players like him. Seems to like the stadium but knows we will have to get used to it as we can't go back.
Stevey
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Stevey »

My father in law managed to score a couple of lounge tickets for the Liverpool game on Wednesday so since there was a meal and a few drinks in it I decided to suffer the stadium for the first time in two years.

Whilst I was there I met Tony Cottee, Carlton Cole and Marlon Harewood. Cottee was much less enthused by the performance than the other two. Mind you, he was the only one who wasn’t paid to be there.

Also met Tom Davis at the bar who seemed to be enjoying himself.
Whitters
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 79 likes

Post by Whitters »

On the Central Line while I was on the way to the game on Saturday was Gail Emms, Badminton Olympic Silver medalist , ex-World champion, etc, carrying an enormous bag of what I can only imagine to be badminton rackets, surprise, surprise.

Got off at Mile End, wearing a Help for Heroes overcoat so maybe off to an event :thup:
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 164 likes
Total likes: 1112 likes

Post by Rio »

Whitters wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:25 pm On the Central Line while I was on the way to the game on Saturday was Gail Emms, Badminton Olympic Silver medalist , ex-World champion, etc, carrying an enormous bag of what I can only imagine to be badminton rackets, surprise, surprise.

Got off at Mile End, wearing a Help for Heroes overcoat so maybe off to an event :thup:

As Di Wolfio said of her. She could eat a cheese roll through a tennis racket with her Hampsteads
Big George
Has liked: 126 likes
Total likes: 280 likes

Post by Big George »

Just saw Pards at lunchtime, strolling through Cavendish Square looking like a pantomime Raffles.
ironsonthebrain
Has liked: 650 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by ironsonthebrain »

The actor Roger Allam ( from Endeavour among other things) on the walkway between Waterloo and Waterloo East stations.
He’s in a play at the Bridge Theatre near London Bridge so I’m guessing he was getting the train to work
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Emma Freud in Marylebone Lane, she was an old neighbour mine when we were kids and Bab's Windsors other half in the High St
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 205 likes
Total likes: 217 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

Mahlon Romeo, Millwall full back and son of Jazzie B of Soul II Soul was in our office. He is pretty much the archetypal modern day footballer. Didn't utter a word as he sat there with his hands in his hoodie as his mum did all the talking and questioning.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Barry for Auf Wiedersehen Pet - aka Timothy Spall walking along Holborn with a picture frame under his arm.
PalmaHammer

Post by PalmaHammer »

Our very own Łukasz Fabiański, with his family in Wapping Waitrose. Not as tall as I thought he was and has skinny legs!

Toby Anstis, in Crazy Bear Fitzrovia.
BalaamBoy
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by BalaamBoy »

PalmaHammer wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:18 am Our very own Łukasz Fabiański, with his family in Wapping Waitrose. Not as tall as I thought he was and has skinny legs!

Toby Anstis, in Crazy Bear Fitzrovia.
Wapping has a Waitrose ???