The January Transfer Window 2020

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

ToiletDuck
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Re: The January Transfer Window 2020

Post by ToiletDuck »

Give us Woger!!
Sign Woger!
Belchio

Post by Belchio »

ashbanki wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:18 am It's not a major rebuild though is it? I would say that we have 7-8 players more than capable,if they are playing in their right positions and swap out a few of the duplicate players - Lanzini and Yarmalenko for fast and direct wide players and Ajeti for a mobile strike partner for Haller.We need to address the ongoing CDM/B-B weakness and as good a versatile FB(either side) as we can find,imo.
What needs to start asap, is a fixed infrastructure that keep Sullivan well away from the constant meddling - A CEO, head of recruitment/DOF,a proper scouting network and some coaching continuity that is not completely changed when a new manager comes in! Most of the PL does this - Newton, Kidd, Fergusan, Stowell,Phelan,Carrick, Lijnders,et al.
David Sullivan should be working "night and day" to raise the money needed and befitting a club rated 18th richest in the world. Spending £15m on training facilities when "poorer rival teams" have managed to spend near four times that amount on state of the art facilities is shocking, especially considering that many of these teams have matched us in transfer expenditure and have much bigger match day and stadium costs!
For a club professing itself to be a business we dont half do thing backwards. I agree with Ashbanki. We need a CEO, head of recruitment/DOF,and a proper scouting network. This should be the core structure of the club with no room for interference from the owners. Westham is a hobby plaything to Sullivan / Gold. They cant stop themselves from meddling.
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1049 likes
Total likes: 1331 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

We're probably 2 players short at the moment, and that is based on faith being put in players who are maybe not up to it

CM: Wilshere's continued absence and Sanchez being past it means we do need someone in the middle. That is crucial at the moment with Noble seemingly not up to doing 2 in a week. The most pertinent thing to do it bring back Cullen (especially if we do have intentions of giving him a new contract in the summer) but no movements seems to be happening there and so bringing someone in is probably necessary.

ST: With 2 managers now not really having any faith in Ajeti, it is probably important to bring in a striker. We're a Haller injury away from being in trouble. While Antonio can do the job and Anderson and Yarmo being good enough for the supporting role, another striker (who can be relied upon) is important. Again, we could bring Hugill back if they can't find the right player.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Belchio wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:00 am For a club professing itself to be a business we dont half do thing backwards. I agree with Ashbanki. We need a CEO, head of recruitment/DOF,and a proper scouting network. This should be the core structure of the club with no room for interference from the owners. Westham is a hobby plaything to Sullivan / Gold. They cant stop themselves from meddling.

Sully's going to think twice about getting a new DOF, after the disaster of the last bloke. You know, once bitten, twice shy and all that
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

It sounds like only one player from Moyes comments so I hope that’s CM although I think we need 2 with the forward. Still have concerns on fitness of Antonio... he gets too many injuries
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Puff Daddy wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:13 am Sully's going to think twice about getting a new DOF, after the disaster of the last bloke. You know, once bitten, twice shy and all that
I think it might be the last time he lets the manager choose the DOF. I don't think he'd have such issues about selecting one himself.

Wasn't it reported that Eduardo Macia was Sullivans first choice to replace Husillos? That's according to C&H's sources - which is most likely Sullivan himself.

He's currently working at Bordeaux but things may not be going entirely smoothly there... https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2 ... day-night/

At Leicester, he signed a few duds... as every DoF probably does. He was responsible though for bringing in Ndidi, Maguire, Pereira, Evans, Maddison, and Tielemans on loan.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I'm personally confident we'll bring in two players by the end of the window. I'm maybe not so confident about the quality of those players... we'll see.
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:35 amWasn't it reported that Eduardo Macia was Sullivans first choice to replace Husillos? That's according to C&H's sources - which is most likely Sullivan himself.
Considering all this "experience" Sully has in running football clubs he makes the most pathetic decisions. Everyone knows a DOF is supposed to be independent of the Manager not his best mate.

I'd take the report's with a pinch of salt though Sully has a habit of covering his backside through his preferred sources. Hire one guy, leak he preferred another, if it all goes well deny the leak if it all goes badly blame the guy he hired and let the leak stand as proof it wasn't his fault despite it being his decision.
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

Marky wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:32 amStill have concerns on fitness of Antonio... he gets too many injuries
You should also be worried about the amount of goals he scores, if he is the alternative striker to Haller...
:)
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:37 am I'm personally confident we'll bring in two players by the end of the window. I'm maybe not so confident about the quality of those players... we'll see.
So Randolph and Wilshere it is!
:D
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

Mark Noble may,indeed, be a "one club man" but,my God he has played under some coaches in the last five seasons - Allardyce's,then Bilic's,then Moyes's,then Pellegrini's and,now Moyes's again!
Sullivan does not do beers,but, if he did, they would be all taste of his own urine.
PrinceH

Post by PrinceH »

At least, bring back Cullen. He has probably been Charlton’s most important player - If you read the media - and when he got injured, they have slipped since. He may not be the player who lift a team in PL, but sure we need at least one -or two players in his position.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

I would be surprised, and maybe even impressed, if Sullivan could resist the urge to sign a glamorous loan (or even freebie) now that Pellegrini is out of the way. It's everything he loves about a transfer window.
rossmundo
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by rossmundo »

Midfield general and a striker ASAP, Hallers hearts not init and the midfield has no backbone. Sort it before its too late Sullivan you scumbag.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 213 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

It really feels like Moyes has come in on the agreement that he can keep us up with what we have.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Roberto to Alaves on loan apparently. Gutted. :scarfer:
keithwright1977

Post by keithwright1977 »

Thank god, Roberto has finally caught something..........his plane to Spain to join Alaves
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 204 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

Denbighammer wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:32 am Roberto to Alaves on loan apparently. Gutted. :scarfer:
Poor buggers.
keithwright1977

We were being quoted £60m for Callum Wilson in the summer, I wonder how much they would accept now?
keithwright1977

Before you lot all start panicking, thankfully there is a recall option in Roberto’s loan agreement :lol: