The January Transfer Window 2020

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Gsbgsb
Has liked: 316 likes
Total likes: 749 likes

Re: The January Transfer Window 2020

Post by Gsbgsb »

traxop wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:13 am
Stats aside, the question no one is asking is, what purpose would he serve in our team? Let's for a moment say Allen is really that much better than Noble and he replaces him in the starting lineup, but it's Rice that gets injured. Can anyone really see a midfield two with Noble and Allen together?
Not advocating Allen but I would rather he replaced either Noble or Rice off the bench or if one is unavailable than Sanchez which is the only current option we have in CM.

There might be better options but are they available this window - indeed is Allen even available the press have presumed Stoke would want to sell but who knows. I see Hayden is being mentioned again, he played and scored on Saturday so why should Newcastle want to sell him just because they have another midfielder in?
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Peaches wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:10 am Bordeaux are set to loan out Raul Bellanova this month, HellasVerona, Sampdoria and Atalanta are all interested in a loan with an option to buy. He is exactly the kind of player we should be after. 6’1 right back who is good positionally, with good pace and is great on the ball with good delivery. Italy U 21 international, who was excellent for Italy U20s. Won’t cost much on loan or if we eventually buy him. Affordable and potentially long term solution to the right back position. Only 20 so won’t use a squad space this year or next year.
Blimey - talk about a punt! He has only managed one senior appearance in his whole career! And it didnt last long either:

On 10 August 2019, he made his debut in senior football, playing as a starting right back in 4-2-3-1 formation against Angers SCO in the opening game of Ligue 1 2019/20 season.[5] Having made several positioning mistakes that led to three goals from his right flank, he was subbed off 63 minutes into the game by the team's coach Paulo Sousa.
b0x

Post by b0x »

bigcarpchaser wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:59 pm I don’t understand the “get Batshuayi in on loan” thing.
He’s turned us down at least twice, f*ck him.
He wouldn’t bleed Claret and Blue so it’s a no from
Me.

I don’t have any alternatives to offer though, sorry.
i count every window since his last couple of seasons in france, must be close to double figures by now

and yet he has failed to impress in a handful of clubs since... we'll get him at 35 with a free pair of crutches - will come in handy

every single person at the club responsible for recruitment should be shot for not breaking cullens loan deal this month.. idiots
b0x

Post by b0x »

Ironing Board wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:14 pm Allen would ease the pressure on Rice and Noble. If either of them get injured then we are really screwed. 5-10M for a proven player in the league and who offers qualities that will be useful in a relegation scrap is quite cheap, in the circumstances.
so would have cullen and he'd be tearing the opposition a new asshole at the opportunity
b0x

Post by b0x »

berge links surfacing again

sulli just trying to nickle and dime genk, if i can pick it so can genk.. in the end we pay almost the same and potentially lose a few points in the process

dare i say it, berge + randolph would be a successful window

berge could start ahead of noble... he'd also offer some serious competition to rice too... nice to have another athletic, young, talented and technical midfielder on the books.. we still should have recalled cullen... i've given up on sanchez and snoddy as good as he has been is really only an emergency option in the center

if we could also spring for foyth that would be amazing.. too bad we seen content with fredericks and balbuena as first teamers

edit - came off injured yesterday, calf issues.. perfect timing for sulli - "we tried"
Romford_Iron
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 271 likes

Post by Romford_Iron »

Ironing Board wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:56 pm Sure - name a few. 5-10M is nothing in today’s market. It is literally a 1M punt in old money.
I'm glad you're not my accountant, or West Ham's for that matter. £5-10 million is a hell of a lot with GSB in charge.

Would you be so keen on signing Allen now, if it meant we couldn't sign another midfielder in the summer?

And why don't you name a few midfielders? Oh wait, you can't. You're only aware that Allen is available for that price because of the links in the press, not because you're some great scouting wizard who's travelled back in time to inform us of this amazing deal. All you're doing is advocating panic buying because of our league position, not because Allen is actually the best long term solution to our midfield problems.

Berge, for example, is available for 5-10mil more, he would cost us less in wages and he would have a re-sale value as well - all which probably actually makes him cheaper than Allen in the long run.
Al Fisti
Has liked: 114 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Al Fisti »

21st January and we have just signed a goalkeeper :fsake:

So sad and angry that we miss the season of great opportunities!!!

- ManUnited very, very bad. What a **** team, playing a horrible football most of the time with the worst midfield Manu ever had and a babyface manager who is definitely overstrained - but they are 5th!
:lol:

- Tottenham worse than very bad

- Arsenal even worse - beyond dogshit - perhaps they have the worst central defence of the league after Norwich and Villa - have just won 2 of their last 15 !!! league games !! :lol:

...but we are too stupid to beat them, futhermore struggling against relegation

Still have problems to accept that.
Last edited by Al Fisti on Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

By Wednesday night it's possible we have played 2 games (Everton and Leicester) with a midfield that simply could not compete .
This is before some tough games. Sullivan deserves relegation and I'm beginning to think he is accepting it.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Peaches wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:10 am Bordeaux are set to loan out Raul Bellanova this month, HellasVerona, Sampdoria and Atalanta are all interested in a loan with an option to buy.
In our case, it's more HellisRoundacorner
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

I’m struggling to remember a less inspiring time as a West Ham fan. Absolutely clueless, rudderless and hopeless. If we were a pet you’d consider doing the right thing and putting us out of our misery. We are literally trying to stay up by the skin of our teeth.
Depressed Hammer

Post by Depressed Hammer »

Moyes doesnt help by saying in press conferences how happy he is with the squad.
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

Many of the negative comments,on here, are unbelievable,imo.Do these people not realise that we are not comfortable mid table?
How about Sanchez or Allen, they are both on a similar wage.
Not dismissing Berg, but he is a "Rice" not a "Noble",imo, plus,we do not have the luxury of time to bed in.
ToiletDuck
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by ToiletDuck »

GSB will point the finger at dithering Dave
In reality he has 1 scout, no budget and will be most likely hamstrung by any potential finances
(Remember when Brady stopped uncle avram getting steve sidwell?)

Thanks for the stewardship but please, as the fans you proport to be, you need to get someone else in to invest big time or sell up to a group who can take is to the next level.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Depressed Hammer wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:31 am Moyes doesnt help by saying in press conferences how happy he is with the squad.

That was the only way he would have got the gig.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Ironing Board wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:56 pm Sure - name a few. 5-10M is nothing in today’s market. It is literally a 1M punt in old money.
Not at this club
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Depressed Hammer wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:31 am Moyes doesnt help by saying in press conferences how happy he is with the squad.
He did also say we didnt have enough on the bench against Everton

He can't risk demoralising the squad by outwardly saying they're not good enough, realistically would it make the owners open their wallets?
steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

It’s because he’s the board’s ultimate yes man. Sullivan’S dream manager.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

watched a bit of joe allen last night. didn't do a lot apart from falling over when tackling a lot. him and slide in noble would be a disaster together.

hopefully we are serious over berge and do get him in this week. maybe a debut againtst west brom followed by scousers ?

striker wise we are not seemingly lined to anyone so its haller ajeti Antonio Anderson for the rest of the season. thin to say the least !

RB - sully will see fredericks back soon and we have ben Johnson to help zaba. so he will leave that.

LB we have Arthur and cresswell so no need there he will think

CB we have 3 plus reid and cardosa - no need there.

GK - sorted with randy back

so maybe he will just spend in CM and on berge or hayden 20m does the business which is what we were told he wanted to spend.

Randolph and berge in would be a bare minimum .

I would have recalled diagana and Cullen .

we have loaned out Roberto, Coventry and Holland. this leaves us short for midfield options. strange thing to do
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

thejackhammer wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:00 am He did also say we didnt have enough on the bench against Everton

He can't risk demoralising the squad by outwardly saying they're not good enough, realistically would it make the owners open their wallets?
I'm not a Moyes fan or anything. but I agree with this. Have to play the game, to some extent
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

:asleep:
b0x wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:58 am so would have cullen and he'd be tearing the opposition a new asshole at the opportunity
My brother has a charlton season ticket and doesn’t think Cullen is necessarily good enough for the premier league.