The January Transfer Window 2020

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

goof

Re: The January Transfer Window 2020

Post by goof »

After tonight's results & the protest if David Moyes & the owners don't sign anyone, they have no place in running a football club, full stop. If we do sign anyone in the summer if we stay up, it will be at the expense of last summers record signings, rinse & repeat every season, I've just had enough, they don't deserve us.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 640 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

goof wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:04 pm they don't deserve us.
We definitely don't deserve them!
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

People acting shocked that Moyes is going along with the “working day and night/we might sign no one” cobblers

The bloke’s already shown he’s happy for G&S to go in dry for sovs by crawling back after they’d told him to f*** off!
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

e17 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:35 pm People acting shocked that Moyes is going along with the “working day and night/we might sign no one” cobblers

The bloke’s already shown he’s happy for G&S to go in dry for sovs by crawling back after they’d told him to **** off!
He’s always been someone who plays his cards close to his chest in the transfer market.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Ironing Board wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:43 pm He’s always been someone who plays his cards close to his chest in the transfer market.
Let’s hope you’re right and it’s not just a card that Sullivan has rammed up his ‘arris with “Jordan Hugill or your P45” written on it like last time eh
keithwright1977

Post by keithwright1977 »

Can’t stand being constantly linked to so many players that you know would never join us in the position we’re in. I wish they would just surprise us Tevez style
Rockhampton Hammer
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Rockhampton Hammer »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:15 pm I think Berg and Rice would be good in a 4-2-3-1. I'm not so sure about accomodating them both when we're playing 3 at the back. I think we'd be too defensive.
Better to draw 0 - 0 than lose 6 - 5
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Egyptian club signs 75-year-old footballer Ezzeldin Bahader

The septuagenarian is set to become the oldest professional player in the world after joining a third tier team in the North African country
6 October, a third division team in Egypt has signed 75-year-old footballer Ezzeldin Bahader.

Bahader will become the oldest player in the world if he plays for the Giza based outfit this season.

The Egyptian Football Association announced on Tuesday and confirmed the eligibility of the septuagenarian to feature in the Egyptian league.

“Today, the Egyptian Football Association has registered the oldest professional player in the world during the current winter transfer period. He is 75-year-old Ezzeldin, who signed for 6 October in the third division,” EFA wrote in a post on Facebook.

“He is preparing to enter the Guinness World Encyclopaedia of records as he begins his participation with his club".

"West Ham United's co-owner, David Sullivan, is also believed to be tabling a bid, as he is well known to be a great admirer, 'of experience over youth'."
Peaches
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 793 likes

Post by Peaches »

We are in real trouble. Part of me hopes we don’t win tomorrow to scare Sullivan into desperation.
The fact is we desperately need a striker, two central midfielders and a right back.
It seems that we have been offered Franck Kessie on loan. If that is the case, it is a no brainer. Kessie’s final product has been a little inconsistent of late, but there is no denying his strength, power and drive; qualities our midfield desperately lacks. He is a strong powerful box to box midfielder who will almost single handedly stop our midfield being overrun.
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 523 likes
Total likes: 419 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Ironing Board wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:43 pm He’s always been someone who plays his cards close to his chest in the transfer market.
I wish he kept the Hugill spending money in the tiny war chest.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

TheHandOfDog wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:52 am I wish he kept the Hugill spending money in the tiny war chest.
The transfer biscuit tin!
Southminster Hammer
Has liked: 303 likes
Total likes: 109 likes

Post by Southminster Hammer »

Cellar-door wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:59 pm Last 5 years here were the loanees:
Hart- Wasn't particularly good, but did get 23 starts over Adrian who was also bad that year
Mario- took a bit to settle, but played well down the stretch and was one of the better players in midfield by season end
Zaza- Started terribly then wasn't played to avoid triggering a buy clause
Callieri- Didn't work out
Tore- 8 mediocre appearances, totally 450 minutes
Lanzini- huge success
Moses-useful but nothing special
Song- Very good the first time, less the second, derailed by his knees
Emenike- poor
Jenkinson- First choice RB for 2 years.

So overall, 10 players 3 clear successes, 3-5 useful players and a few wastes .
So getting 2/3 players on loan would probably only mean one of them would be a success if we're lucky?
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Ozza »

Believer wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:18 pm The noises that Moyes is making suggest that we won't go for Allen as he appears to be targeting younger players. If we do sign him I'd suggest it will be a Sullivan signing.

I'd throw our budget at Berge and bring in Giroud and Clyne on loan (no option on either). We'd probably get that lot for £20m with £1m each on the loans. If we look at the money we got for Hernandez and his saved wages that woukd be probably around three quarters of that proposed spend already available.
We’ve got a budget?
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

looking at the squad and likely team for tonight we are in desperate need of some new players. allen is not the answer but it may be all we get.

still wish we had gone in for hayden , 24 years, PL player English and wants to be in London. 20m ?

failing that we have berge or kessie.

all of similar youthful age and would assist rice and instantly improve our weak and slow centre. it would also allow players like Snodgrass and noble to be useful subs which would be ideal for us.

I fear a stuffing tonight which may force sully to get his wallet out !
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1455 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

I know you have huge admiration for Moyes, IB, and I actually admire that. But you have to realise, Moyes isn't in charge. He's been given the manager job because he is willing to be a puppet. He WAS in charge at Everton where he had built up a reputation and had such a success rate that he was untouchable. Since then he's been below average at Man Utd, poor at Sociedad and woeful at Sunderland. His credit has run out and he was brought in because he will do what he's told.

We could have gone all in on Ancelotti, or Benitez, or looked for a hungry young manager, but every single one of them would have told the board that we are short at full-back, short in midfield and the overall squad is paper thin. Moyes seemingly is happy to bend over, pull up his nightdress and let the owners do whatever they like.

However good Moyes might be in the transfer market is irrelevant. It isn't his team, it isn't our team, it isn't even a West Ham team. This is Gold and Sullivan's team and Moyes is just a lanky puppet who will tell us how classy they are, how generous they are and how this is the best squad he's ever worked with...and then he'll say thank you to them when they eventually pull his nightie back down when they've finished.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Turns to Stone wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:49 am I know you have huge admiration for Moyes, IB.
What gives you that impression?
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

with brady watching close by !
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2781 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

Turns to Stone wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:49 am I know you have huge admiration for Moyes, IB, and I actually admire that. But you have to realise, Moyes isn't in charge. He's been given the manager job because he is willing to be a puppet. He WAS in charge at Everton where he had built up a reputation and had such a success rate that he was untouchable. Since then he's been below average at Man Utd, poor at Sociedad and woeful at Sunderland. His credit has run out and he was brought in because he will do what he's told.

We could have gone all in on Ancelotti, or Benitez, or looked for a hungry young manager, but every single one of them would have told the board that we are short at full-back, short in midfield and the overall squad is paper thin. Moyes seemingly is happy to bend over, pull up his nightdress and let the owners do whatever they like.

However good Moyes might be in the transfer market is irrelevant. It isn't his team, it isn't our team, it isn't even a West Ham team. This is Gold and Sullivan's team and Moyes is just a lanky puppet who will tell us how classy they are, how generous they are and how this is the best squad he's ever worked with...and then he'll say thank you to them when they eventually pull his nightie back down when they've finished.
:thup:
Phil Parkes' Gloves
Has liked: 1122 likes
Total likes: 305 likes

Post by Phil Parkes' Gloves »

Turns to Stone wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:49 am
Moyes seemingly is happy to bend over, pull up his nightdress and let the owners do whatever they like.
Say what you will about the owners, but they've got some stamina. Been doing this to the fanbase for 10 years and have still got some to give to Moyes.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Samba wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:07 am Egyptian club signs 75-year-old footballer Ezzeldin Bahader

The septuagenarian is set to become the oldest professional player in the world after joining a third tier team in the North African country
6 October, a third division team in Egypt has signed 75-year-old footballer Ezzeldin Bahader.

Bahader will become the oldest player in the world if he plays for the Giza based outfit this season.

The Egyptian Football Association announced on Tuesday and confirmed the eligibility of the septuagenarian to feature in the Egyptian league.

“Today, the Egyptian Football Association has registered the oldest professional player in the world during the current winter transfer period. He is 75-year-old Ezzeldin, who signed for 6 October in the third division,” EFA wrote in a post on Facebook.

“He is preparing to enter the Guinness World Encyclopaedia of records as he begins his participation with his club".

"West Ham United's co-owner, David Sullivan, is also believed to be tabling a bid, as he is well known to be a great admirer, 'of experience over youth'."

I know what is like to be an old geezer in Giza. I went there once on my one and only trip to see the pyramids