Leicester City 4-1 West Ham Utd (22/01/20)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Supreme
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Re: Leicester City v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by Supreme »

So defo no IronMike? That's a shitter. With Felipe out as well, we have zero pace.

I can see a stuffing tonight - Leicester have been on a bad run and Rodgers will want a reaction. Enter West Ham...
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1058 likes

Post by pezza20 »

The only way we wil get anything from tonight is being ultra defensive and limited numbers being utilised on the break.

However if Moyes has done his homework on Leicester he would have seen the way to get at them is to press high up the pitch with 2 up top as their back 4 really lack confidence when not having too much time to pick a pass. They are coming into this game off 2 losses I think so we should be trying to dictate the pace of the game.

I personally would go with Haller and Ajeti up top and replace Noble with one of the U23's to add some energy into the midfield. Fornals has to start in the middle as he also possesses good energy but we will be weak on the right with Snods and Zaba leading the zimmerfame charge.
Depressed Hammer

Post by Depressed Hammer »

pezza20 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:53 am The only way we wil get anything from tonight is being ultra defensive and limited numbers being utilised on the break.

However if Moyes has done his homework on Leicester he would have seen the way to get at them is to press high up the pitch with 2 up top as their back 4 really lack confidence when not having too much time to pick a pass. They are coming into this game off 2 losses I think so we should be trying to dictate the pace of the game.

I personally would go with Haller and Ajeti up top and replace Noble with one of the U23's to add some energy into the midfield. Fornals has to start in the middle as he also possesses good energy but we will be weak on the right with Snods and Zaba leading the zimmerfame charge.
You said we need to be ultra defensive , then you want to replace Noble for a kid from under 23,s.
We got a result here 2 seasons back under Moyes, admittedly they had little to play for but Moyes set up a solid system and Noble had a top game scoring an important game. When they chips are down you dont go gambling on the young ones. Teams that bring them in are not in danger of relegation.
Moyes has 2 options
Concede the midfield battle and go with 3 at the back leaving Antonio and Haller up top. Using Antonio for counter breaks. Or he can go back 4 and set up like he did with Everton and flood the middle with Lanzini, Fornals, Snoddy, Rice and Noble. Them he would bench Haller and play Antonio as lone striker because of his pace to break .
Depressed Hammer

Without Anderson for a month Moyes needs to adopt a system now and stick with it.
No pace with Haller so Antonio needs to play lone striker with Fornals and Lanzini in behind him. No point in playing defensively with a striker up top on his own with little pace. Wont work.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

Is Antonio fit for tonight? We have a chance!
Depressed Hammer

LincolnshireHammer wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:11 am Is Antonio fit for tonight? We have a chance!
No idea if he is 100% but all signs are that he is ready to start. With Anderson out we get a key player back and lose one. Its like a chess game lol
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 609 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

I think we will go three at the back with wing backs. I just hope we use Masuaku instead of Cresswell at left wing back.

I think we will play a narrow 5-3-1-1 with a deep and slow midfield of Snodgrass, Rice and Noble and Lanzini behind Haller.

We will hope to grind out a draw, Leicester will attack our wing backs and look to attack down the flanks.

I think we will lose a dreary match 1-0
DanT93

Post by DanT93 »

Not sure if im allowed to be positive without getting tonnes of abuse back but strangely i am for tonight, leaving in 1 hour to go up there, i reckon we will get something. All lies on the 1st goal for me, if we score first they are the type of team that will try and play with 11 men in our half and if antonio is back, we could be in luck on the counter. We will have to defend well obviously but im going 2-1 us. COYI
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

If we're going to try an U23, I'd give that right wing-back a go - I forget his name. He's supposed to be pacy and a powerful runner though, and apparently he tries to model his game on Antonio. I'm intrigued.

3 at the back, Snodgrass, Fornals, and Rice in the middle, and Ajeti and Haller up front. Antonio to come on later in the game from the bench.

------------------Ajeti-----------------

-----------------------------Haller----------

-----------------Fornals---Snodgrass

Masuaku--------------Rice-----------U23 fella

--------Ogbonna----Balbuena----Diop

----------------------Randolph

Basically 3-5-2 with Haller playing slightly deeper than Ajeti
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

cannot call this game . , leicesters form has dipped and ours has improved from abject , to just above dismal , i'd be happy with a point , 3 would be beyond belief
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

DanT93 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:18 pm Not sure if im allowed to be positive without getting tonnes of abuse back but strangely i am for tonight, leaving in 1 hour to go up there, i reckon we will get something. All lies on the 1st goal for me, if we score first they are the type of team that will try and play with 11 men in our half and if antonio is back, we could be in luck on the counter. We will have to defend well obviously but im going 2-1 us. COYI

We'll get something alright. A complete stuffing, I reckon
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

chigwells finest wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:56 pm cannot call this game . , leicesters form has dipped and ours has improved from abject , to just above dismal , i'd be happy with a point , 3 would be beyond belief
Really? I'd say this is as big a home banker as you're likely to see.

We love giving poor performing teams a confidence boost. Vardy Hat Trick.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

hammers92 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:22 am I've noticed that Leicester get nervous when teams take it to them and try to win the game. They wasn't sure what to do with Southampton's approach.

Win the second balls, aggressive in midfield and adequate cover for the full backs when they attack and I can see at least a point.
The complete opposite to how we play.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I think we'll win
keithwright1977

Post by keithwright1977 »

All season long we’ve been the tonic for other teams on a bad run, Leicester undoubtedly have better players and overall a better team, if both teams play at their best there is only one winner. But if they are off it and we can put in a shift then hopefully we can take something. I’d take a point all day long. Got a feeling Snods is gonna do something good from the dead ball tonight
mc_unit

Post by mc_unit »

Leaving work in an hour or so to make my way up there

I want to be optimistic. Last nights results really went against us. I would have preferred Watford to get a victory last night an peel away from relegation. They have more in the tank than we do and can’t seem them going down.

If villa get a bit of momentum, their new signing could be a goal scorer and come the tail end of the season they will have McGinn back and I suspect they will pick up points.

Anything less than a point tonight and we are in serious trouble. I’m going for an optimistic score draw.

Given Chelsea’s draw yesterday Rodgers will have them fired up to get a result to increase their top 4 chances.

I am worried very worried.
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Haller has come close a few times recently... tonight he'll score.

I also fancy Antonio to score from the bench
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

My motivation to even find a stream for this game is virtually non-existent.

I was kind of hoping I'd forget it was on and miss it by accident.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

I think we should rush Antonio back for this.
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

S-H wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:12 pm I think we should rush Antonio back for this.
To be honest, I think his hamstrings are prone to going regardless of how fast he's rushed back. Same as Fredericks. If we brought him back in 4 weeks time instead, I still wouldn't be surprised to see him injured again within a handful of games