Leicester City 4-1 West Ham Utd (22/01/20)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1492 likes

Re: Leicester City v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by ageing hammer »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:05 pm
I also fancy Antonio to score from the bench

Surely Var will rule that out :lol:
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

A team on a poor run of form and looking like they have lost their mojo - enter West Ham United.

I'm sure Moyes will set up with 3 at the back as seems to be his preference in away games so far in this spell. I would setup like this:

Randolph
Diop Balbuena Ogbonna
Zabaleta Noble Rice Snodgrass Masuaku
Antonio Haller

We won't get many chance tonight so Snodgrass has to start to put good balls into the box from set pieces.
wolf359
Has liked: 1587 likes
Total likes: 1735 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:05 pm I also fancy Antonio to score from the bench
I hope Antonio smashes Vardy with a bench (WWE style)
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

I'd be very wary of playing two in the middle against this lot. Ndidi, Tielemans and Maddison would rip us apart in midfield.
Rasp
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by Rasp »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:56 pm I think we'll win
So do I...COYI
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 755 likes
Total likes: 3486 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Leicester City v West Ham United: match preview (with Preview Percy)
https://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=43734

keithwright1977

Post by keithwright1977 »

In recent years I’ve never gone into games thinking that at best we have a 10% chance of getting something, you can understand when we’re up against the traditional top 4 teams but this is the same for most games. We have such a terrible squad that it’s painful to watch
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

We need to be prepared to press Leicester out of playing out from the back. That's how you get them.

Randolph
Ngakia Diop Ogbonna Cresswell
Sanchez
Rice Snodgrass
Fornals Ajeti Masuaku

Ajeti showed energy when he came on against Everton, instruct him to press their defence at all times.

Sanchez is to stay in that defensive position and allow Snodgrass and Rice to press, this also keeps Snodgrass in the side for his set pieces.

Fornals has an engine and Masuaku has pace and xab tackle, again press those defenders. I would also instruct Masuaku to take on defenders constantly to earn freekicks all over the field, our best chance of a goal will be a press-enforced mistake or a Snodgrass delivery.
London Fields Hammer
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 91 likes

Post by London Fields Hammer »

keithwright1977 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:49 pm In recent years I’ve never gone into games thinking that at best we have a 10% chance of getting something, you can understand when we’re up against the traditional top 4 teams but this is the same for most games. We have such a terrible squad that it’s painful to watch
Agreed. We haven't controlled a game, or even a substantial part of a match since perhaps the Norwich win and they are bottom of the league. I give us a 10% chance of getting a point or more out of this. And because of that one in ten I'll still be watching and getting my hopes up if we go in level at half time. It's the (small) hope that kills.
peter49uk

Post by peter49uk »

Knighter10WHU wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:42 pm

We won't get many chance tonight so Snodgrass has to start to put good balls into the box from set pieces.
Perhaps with some variation please
keithwright1977

In some ways I wish we’d never had the Payet year, we were so spoiled and it really fxxxed up our pattern of consistency and upped our hopes to unimaginable levels. Although we did let a few in that season we were just so good going forward that it gave us a great chance against anyone. Since then we’ve bled goals left right and centre but going forward has been huge effort for the team and there doesn’t seem to be much flow to the play, it’s almost as if we’ve been cursed since moving from Upton Park and we’ve ended up in an Athletics Stadium with a load of shot putters and terrible 10,000m runners, what an exciting watch
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Super Davey Moyesy got his one big win v Chelsea last time round

So is this the big 1 or will he save it for liverpool ? tough call
keithwright1977

Pop Robson wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:16 pm Super Davey Moyesy got his one big win v Chelsea last time round

So is this the big 1 or will he save it for liverpool ? tough call
My brother supports Liverpool and I’ve been saying all season that we was gonna be the team to beat them, I know, I’ve gotta stay off the drugs and alcohol but we all need something to get us through
peter49uk

Post by peter49uk »

thejackhammer wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:53 pm We need to be prepared to press Leicester out of playing out from the back. That's how you get them.

Ajeti showed energy when he came on against Everton, instruct him to press their defence at all times.

Who ever starts up front start with all good intentions of pressing but then they slacken off, and instead of closing down face on they run at an angle/arc so approach from the side giving the oppo's player the chance of playing the ball forward.
Paolo's Piranhas

Post by Paolo's Piranhas »

I suspect I'll hate myself for this come full time, but I have a glimmer of hope we can get something from this. No idea why, other than a combination of their recent form and Moyes' safety-first tactics cutting out the conceding of multiple goals to anyone and everyone.

I thought I'd take a look at a Leicester forum to see what they were thinking, expecting to find them full of joy at our impending arrival. In fact, they seem as nervous as we are .. '2-0 Moyes hoofball hammers. Boot it long and bully our soft lads, easiest win all season' .. and .. 'Praying for two foot of snow so it gets postponed' are representative of a lot of it.

As many others have said, it's the hope that kills you..
keithwright1977

Paolo's Piranhas wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:22 pm I suspect I'll hate myself for this come full time, but I have a glimmer of hope we can get something from this. No idea why, other than a combination of their recent form and Moyes' safety-first tactics cutting out the conceding of multiple goals to anyone and everyone.

I thought I'd take a look at a Leicester forum to see what they were thinking, expecting to find them full of joy at our impending arrival. In fact, they seem as nervous as we are .. '2-0 Moyes hoofball hammers. Boot it long and bully our soft lads, easiest win all season' .. and .. 'Praying for two foot of snow so it gets postponed' are representative of a lot of it.

As many others have said, it's the hope that kills you..
Wow how the other half live
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

keithwright1977 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:19 pm My brother supports Liverpool and I’ve been saying all season that we was gonna be the team to beat them, I know, I’ve gotta stay off the drugs and alcohol but we all need something to get us through
I'm dreaming dreams .................
Paolo's Piranhas

Post by Paolo's Piranhas »

I would love us to be the ones to **** up their 'perfect' season. I know with VAR we'd have to put five past them to win 1-0, but I can't think of another game I'd rather win.
wormley
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by wormley »

Play the U23's - give them a taste of their own medicine.
Jon
Has liked: 102 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by Jon »

Good opportunity to play Ajeti tonight and Saturday. He needs a chance to prove himself. Haller has been indulged far too long.