Leicester City 4-1 West Ham Utd (22/01/20)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

peter49uk
Total likes: 2 likes

Re: Leicester City v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by peter49uk »

Keeping Fornals fit to sell :o
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

Antonio on the bench despite not being fit (according to Moyes).
Doyley72
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 110 likes

Post by Doyley72 »

Depressed Hammer wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:44 pm Our midfield is so weak we cannot play 2 up top against a team inside the top 6. Moyes is parking the bus tonight to grind out a result.
Either way it looks a big task. 2 strikers or not
Playing with three at the back can give you 5 in midfield to harass and get the ball back...then if we had two up top, that gives Noble more options to aim for to hold the ball up and play off each other, rather than what is happening at the moment where Haller can't trap a bag of cement and has no one to help him...?
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 518 likes
Total likes: 219 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

Baffling what Moyes see’s in Lanzini to keep his starting place !
I think this could be a high scoring game, how many do we not need to concede to stay out of the bottom 3 tonight ?
Cellar-door
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 298 likes

Post by Cellar-door »

This is among the things about Moyes I hate most. He makes a bad decision, and then he sticks by it. Everton was a great example, he took off Fornals instead of the struggling Lanzini, Lanzini continues to be terrible up until he finally is subbed out at the very end of the match. Wasted most of the second half with a lineup that didn't create a chance.

What does Moyes take from that, and the tape he has of Lanzini being terrible for months while Fornals was one of our only chance creators..... Nothing, because like all Moyes decisions appear to be he makes decisions based on what happened 2-4 years ago. Oh, Lanzini was good 2 years and an ACL tear ago, throw him out there. Oh Barkley... liked that kid 9 years ago when I had him on Everton, let's loan him in.
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

I'm expecting a hatrick from Lanzini - Three clean kits in a row!!
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

That crap team. Dear God. Just as well, I expect nothing
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Cellar-door wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:57 pm This is among the things about Moyes I hate most. He makes a bad decision, and then he sticks by it. Everton was a great example, he took off Fornals instead of the struggling Lanzini, Lanzini continues to be terrible up until he finally is subbed out at the very end of the match. Wasted most of the second half with a lineup that didn't create a chance.

What does Moyes take from that, and the tape he has of Lanzini being terrible for months while Fornals was one of our only chance creators..... Nothing, because like all Moyes decisions appear to be he makes decisions based on what happened 2-4 years ago. Oh, Lanzini was good 2 years and an ACL tear ago, throw him out there. Oh Barkley... liked that kid 9 years ago when I had him on Everton, let's loan him in.
I imagine the logic is he can play his way back into form. There is no point just pulling him off every match of you want him to get his sharpness back!
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

I’m struggling to see why Fornals can’t get in this team.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

HammerPDC wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:52 pm Moe Szyslak
:D :thup:.
Rockhampton Hammer
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Rockhampton Hammer »

Vic_Watson wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:56 pm Antonio on the bench despite not being fit (according to Moyes).
Very risky, should start not come on and then break down.
Cellar-door
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 298 likes

Post by Cellar-door »

Ironing Board wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:02 pm I imagine the logic is he can play his way back into form. There is no point just pulling him off every match of you want him to get his sharpness back!
There is no way he should be starting over much better players though. Getting Manuel Lanzini in form (if it's even possible) should be very far down the priority list behind... playing the team that gives you the best chance at points. Even if that were the case and you're willing to be worse to get Lanzini in there, then Noble or Snodgrass needs to sit for Fornals.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Interesting seeing as Pellegrini played a much better side bar Sanchez in midfield - will be interesting to see the result difference.
London Fields Hammer
Has liked: 85 likes
Total likes: 88 likes

Post by London Fields Hammer »

That's a very good Leicester team. Difficult to see any of our players (Rice?) getting into that side. And their bench is tasty too.
Time for an upset!! COYI
Codu
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Codu »

It's infuriating to see Fornals left out again. He was used in all the promotional stuff for tonight, really thought Moyes had seen the light.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

BT Sport quick to mention how much money our owners have spent. £45m on Haller and £42m Anderson apparently.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Prematch teamtalk:

“Snap them. Snap them all!”
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Georgee Paris wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:07 pm Interesting seeing as Pellegrini played a much better side bar Sanchez in midfield - will be interesting to see the result difference.
Pellegrini used a stronger team against a much weaker Leicester team and still lost (at home). Not sure whatever Moyes does tonight can be worse than that...
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Cellar-door wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:06 pm There is no way he should be starting over much better players though. Getting Manuel Lanzini in form (if it's even possible) should be very far down the priority list behind... playing the team that gives you the best chance at points. Even if that were the case and you're willing to be worse to get Lanzini in there, then Noble or Snodgrass needs to sit for Fornals.
I don’t know. Depends on what Moyes is seeing in training. Perhaps Lanzini just needs to get that match sharpness back and he can do some real damage.

May also just have more of the Anderson attributes for the role he is being asked to play.
JonG86
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by JonG86 »

I bet it's not 3 at the back.

It'll be a back 4 with Masuaku at LW and Snoddy at RW. Overlaps allowed on the right, not on the left. Keep it tight defensively.

He played Cresswell at LCH in his first stint because we had f*** all centre halves. Now he has three I'd also bet he would play all 3 and not a random fullback who regularly got targeted and beaten in the air there.
Last edited by JonG86 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.