David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 746 likes

Re: David Moyes - 18th Permanent Manager of WHUFC

Post by hammerman11 »

I remember the awful boring try not to lose football last time under moyes. he has no arnie this time and we are doomed with his team selections.
fornals must start ahead of lanzini
ajeti given a go up top with haller against west brom
we need a win and west brom is the next game. forget saving our "stars" for Liverpool they will stuff us regardless as will city \!

moyes was out of work after we released him for a reason. yesterdays man, yesterdays tactics.
keeps going on about what he did years ago at everton. times and football has changed. he was ***** at sunderland and spain and poor at west ham.
he will take us down this time.
we need a young manager with new ideas.
relegation will see him sacked and maybe we can appoint a younger hungrier manager. scott parker maybe ?
BobbyWHU
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by BobbyWHU »

The gameplan moyes had last night was to soak pressure and nick a draw. You can't do this against the real good teams, as they are inevitably going to score - then once were a goal down, then we try and play abit of football. In games like last night, attack is the best form of defense - and if the ball doesn't stick due to haller being isolated and lanzini surrounded when he had the ball - then it is just going to keep coming back at us. Looking at our last 2 away games sheff utd and last night, i cant see us winning another game away from home - the chances we created from both in total must only be about 3?
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

how anyone can defend this guy is beyond me.
a weak puppet for the board.
there's no plan or philosophy bringing him in, we are done unless they get rid now
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2572 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Just looked like a continuation of how we were under Pellegrini to me... we barely created anything under him either.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4922 likes

Post by -DL- »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:13 am Just looked like a continuation of how we were under Pellegrini to me... we barely created anything under him either.
Only that was happening when we had our first choice front line fit.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

Ben wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:04 am how anyone can defend this guy is beyond me.
there's no plan or philosophy bringing him in, we are done unless they get rid now
Just give it a minute, I'm sure you'll get some copy and pasted articles of how organised his desk was 15 years ago....
Denzil
Has liked: 356 likes
Total likes: 524 likes

Post by Denzil »

It's going pretty much how I expected it would do when we announced him.

Relegation is looking more likely than not now, though. I did think he'd just about keep us up when we brought him in.

GSB deserve relegation, we don't.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1228 likes

Post by funky chicken »

I imagine unless he walks out he will stay too even if we are relegated as the board won't hire a young progressive manager even in the Championship. They would target the likes of Hughton.

He must of been mad to take this job as he finally restored his reputation a little bit by keeping us up fairly convincingly the last time he was here. Now he could lose it all again by suffering his 2nd relegation in his career. It will surely be his last job in the Premier League that's for sure.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

I think he is ok but he has ended his career with us. The owners waited until Mouriniho and Ancellotti was out of the equation. The players know this.

He will regret not quitting after Sullivan blocked Pearce. That was his chance to show the players who is in charge. He has lost all credibility over that.
Lil Joe 17
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Lil Joe 17 »

Hugh Jargon II wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:05 am I think he is ok but he has ended his career with us. The owners waited until Mouriniho and Ancellotti was out of the equation. The players know this.

He will regret not quitting after Sullivan blocked Pearce. That was his chance to show the players who is in charge. He has lost all credibility over that.
He has a contract.

I'd imagine when managers usually resign it's because owners accept an early termination (with or without payout), I don't think Sully would have for that specific reason.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 768 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

i joked about it earlier but if things don't look up before then, the last block of fixtures are an opportunity to throw someone in there who will at least resonate with the players on an emotional level even if they don't have time to do any real surgery.
OFT
Has liked: 3188 likes
Total likes: 1829 likes

Post by OFT »

Dear David Moyes.
Whatever the instructions from the gruesome threesome, I implore you to play our strongest team in the cup and to set about trying to win the game from the off.
Ta.
OFT
Adrianisournumber1

Post by Adrianisournumber1 »

The bed-wetting on here is unreal we got beat by a very good Leicester team and we are a relegation side with injuries all over and a manager that has been told it would seem we cant strengthen, but people want Moyes out but who would replace him? things won't improve whoever is managing the team
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

Adrianisournumber1 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:27 pm The bed-wetting on here is unreal

What do I win?
coyi27

Post by coyi27 »

Adrianisournumber1 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:27 pm The bed-wetting on here is unreal we got beat by a very good Leicester team and we are a relegation side with injuries all over and a manager that has been told it would seem we cant strengthen, but people want Moyes out but who would replace him? things won't improve whoever is managing the team
A good team who lost at home to Southampton and Burnley in their last 2 matches. Have you seen how Southampton approached the match and then compare it to us? They went for it with 4-4-2 and had 16 shots to Leicester’s 5. Does Moyes actually do any research or is he so stuck with his outdated sitting back tactics? Leicester couldn’t believe their luck.
Brown Sauce
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Brown Sauce »

It’s not the defeat, it’s the manner of defeat.
One shot on target which was a pen.
About 30% possession.
5-4-1 formation.

Apparently under Moyes we have been beaten 4-1 in 17% of games. And I thought he was here to ‘get us organised’......
Metcow

Post by Metcow »

Conceded 3+ goals 8 times when he was last here despite negative, defensive football.
No surprise in last night's result or performance and won't be any surprise in the hammerings we are going to get over the coming 5 or 6 games.

Last time he had Arnie, who was superb, worked his socks off and won us a few games on his own and this time we have a lazy striker who either doesn't want to be here or is just not suited to the Premier League (or probably both).

Genuinely our only hope of getting out of this is Antonio staying fit and winning us a few games and as we all know from experience, Antonio like many others at our club, just do not stay fit.

The owners have led us down this path with bad appointments, bad transfer policy or lack of one, no scouting set up and selling our home for around 75% or what it cost to buy Haller and the journey started long before Moyes got here the first time.
coyi27

Post by coyi27 »

That’s my biggest gripe with the owners. They don’t understand football business. They think it’s like other business where if you have the right contacts you will do well. Football is much more intricate than that. You need to plan carefully, find a way of playing or an identity and stick with it and only bring in players that suit that. It’s the reason Liverpool, Leicester, Wolves etc are doing well now. We just have a scatter gun approach of getting players without analysing if they fit our system. Similar to Man Utd actually. Both teams need a director of football and a manager who will make a plan and stick to it for years and bring in players to only suit that plan. Until then we will always be disappointed.
Adrianisournumber1

Post by Adrianisournumber1 »

coyi27 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:04 pm A good team who lost at home to Southampton and Burnley in their last 2 matches. Have you seen how Southampton approached the match and then compare it to us? They went for it with 4-4-2 and had 16 shots to Leicester’s 5. Does Moyes actually do any research or is he so stuck with his outdated sitting back tactics? Leicester couldn’t believe their luck.

Southampton have the 3rd best form in the league have picked up 13points from the last 6 games and only bettered by Man City and Liverpool.

We got a average manager but again who would be better than him what changes it’s still the same team it’s still the same set of players. No manager will turn this team around as well it’s crap and a championship side. It’s not Moyes that is the problem, it was really bad spending by the previous manager and awful owners

You can’t tighten things up when you have average players to tighten things up with
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 73 likes
Total likes: 446 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Ben wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:04 am how anyone can defend this guy is beyond me.
And replace him with who?

Don't get me wrong here because David Moyes is my hero for what he did at Old Trafford; but bringing him back seemed a pointless decision. It certainly hasn't paid dividends yet.