The January Transfer Window 2020

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

NedN
Has liked: 139 likes
Total likes: 612 likes

Re: The January Transfer Window 2020

Post by NedN »

Doyley72 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:19 pm It would show a real intent to go and get him.....if not him, then we desperately need a forward before the end of the month...Haller is just pointless unless he has support...as soon as Antonio came on, Haller woke up...get Ajeti (or in a perfect world Jovic) as well and we will start seeing why he was valued at £45m....it's painful watching him at the moment...
We will probably get another forward, and a backup attacking midfielder, and not play either of them
johnnyb
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

C&H reporting that we are finding it hard to recruit. What a surprise. Who wants to come here and play in a sh*t team in a relegation battle? Two players in Italy have said no according to some agent or other. We apparently don't want to do a loan with a deal to buy in case we do get relegated and stuck with a high fee to pay.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 770 likes

Post by Billydinho »

johnnyb wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:24 pm C&H reporting that we are finding it hard to recruit.
Same story every year, he probably just changes the date on it.
coyi27

Post by coyi27 »

Doyley72 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:19 pm Money talks and he isn't getting regular game time.

I can't see him coming either, but as a loan deal and a chance to play with his mate again, then just ask the question.

It would show a real intent to go and get him.....if not him, then we desperately need a forward before the end of the month...Haller is just pointless unless he has support...as soon as Antonio came on, Haller woke up...get Ajeti (or in a perfect world Jovic) as well and we will start seeing why he was valued at £45m....it's painful watching him at the moment...
Get real mate. No pun intended. He’s getting minutes whenever Benzema is out or rested. He just played both games to win them the Super Cup. Anyhow there are teams with lot more money and a greater need than us that are begging for that type of striker (Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs) and can’t get one yet he’ll leave CL football and La Liga title challenge for a relegation battle.
Italian Hammer
Total likes: 299 likes

Post by Italian Hammer »

Hugh Jargon II wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:55 am Nzonzi. Allen and Giroud. Two loans and a modest purchase. We might just survive.

No brainer.
Heard from a A.S. Roma supporter today that Nzonzi (allegedly) has a bit of a booze issue, hence the desire to get rid.

That said, if he were legless half the time he would fit right in with our slow midfield. All allegedly of course.

Same guy also told me that the owner of AS Roma (don't remember his name) is reported to be interested in buying shares in an English club - Newcastle, Leeds and us being the candidates.

Don't get your hopes up, he is as popular with the Roma fans as Sully is with us after his "rebranding" of the club - amongst other things.
Aceface
Has liked: 377 likes
Total likes: 1472 likes

Post by Aceface »

johnnyb wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:24 pm C&H reporting that we are finding it hard to recruit.
Hoo boy there's going to be an absolute hella turkey panic-signed before the end of the month, I can feel it in my bones. The type of recruitment commitment that makes Hugill look like signing Mahrez from Le Havre.

I'm almost excited to see who it is.
Doyley72
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 110 likes

Post by Doyley72 »

coyi27 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:27 pm Get real mate. No pun intended. He’s getting minutes whenever Benzema is out or rested. He just played both games to win them the Super Cup. Anyhow there are teams with lot more money and a greater need than us that are begging for that type of striker (Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs) and can’t get one yet he’ll leave CL football and La Liga title challenge for a relegation battle.
Only played 36 mins for the whole of December and needs game time....

I agree, it will never happen, but something to keep an eye on and if you don't ask you don't get...

All this rubbish about the "next level", well, getting him would be a point into the right direction.

We just need another striker...maybe not Jovic, but someone....even if we play Ajeti with Antonio and Haller, we are just one injury away (probably Antonio again) from scrapping another tactic and plan!
Doyley72

Post by Doyley72 »

NedN wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:24 pm We will probably get another forward, and a backup attacking midfielder, and not play either of them
I very much doubt we will even get that... :(
continental skills
Has liked: 44 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by continental skills »

Aceface wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:05 pm Can't blame Anderson's one on the club. It was that little twerp in Sheffield Utd's midfield.
Sure was, and the second longer injury to one of our players this season caused by an opposing midfielder simply hacking down one of our players when a break was on. Lanzini's shoulder injury came from exactly the same kind of tackle by some Burnley shitbag.
Last edited by continental skills on Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

Some bloke who played for Leeds. Vieira?

We've had a 12 million bid rejected.
Heysel76
Has liked: 215 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

Probably true, considering how many clubs Miss Piggy has upset :thdn:
Doyley72

Post by Doyley72 »

johnnyb wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:24 pm C&H reporting that we are finding it hard to recruit. What a surprise. Who wants to come here and play in a sh*t team in a relegation battle? Two players in Italy have said no according to some agent or other. We apparently don't want to do a loan with a deal to buy in case we do get relegated and stuck with a high fee to pay.
Very convenient for Sully!!

Proves how amateur and "not fit for purpose" our owners are....the window is shutting and lately, its one point from a potential nine...that's 8 POINTS that we have lost because the muppets haven't invested!

A real owner would have addressed the obvious issues in time for the window to open so all is in place....its shocking to leave it until the last minute then say, "we tried"....
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1788 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Hugh Jargon II wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:40 pm Some bloke who played for Leeds. Vieira?

We've had a 12 million bid rejected.
It's Ronaldo - and I'm NOT joking !!! :)

Ronaldo Vieira of Sampdoria - CM - cost £6.39m from Leeds Utd .
Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!
Has liked: 118 likes
Total likes: 130 likes

Post by Clucking Bell »

N'Zonzi and Payet AND Joe Allen! My, we're being spoiled rotten.

All we need then is a ****ing time machine so we can go back to 2015/16 and we're ****ing golden!
coyi27

Post by coyi27 »

Clucking Bell wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:53 pm N'Zonzi and Payet AND Joe Allen! My, we're being spoiled rotten.

All we need then is a ****ing time machine so we can go back to 2015/16 and we're ****ing golden!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
OllyWHU6
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by OllyWHU6 »

As hapless as our recruitment I’m sure glad some of you lot on here don’t have sway either.

Allen, Nzonzi, and Giroud would all but ensure we went down and probably struggle to stay up in the Championship. The game has changed even in the last 4-5 years and pace is essential to play effectively. Those 3 would challenge Noble and Snodgrass in a race for last place.

The new CM needs to be dynamic in a physical sense, speed to get forward and back not leave Rice isolated the way Noble does. Look at Leicester lightweight in the middle but nippy. We battle, but are cumbersome.

A new striker needs speed next to Haller, a threat in behind. Teams know they can push up on us when we don’t have Antonio as we can’t break away with speed.

Playing with 5 at the back with Noble Snodgrass cresswell and Zabaleta on the pitch is madness to me. How can you even hope to counter attack with that level of speed on the pitch.
OFT
Has liked: 3242 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by OFT »

Where's Tevez these days :o :o
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1071 likes

Post by pezza20 »

Forget Payet, it's all dwarf BS

You can play whatever formation you like but without decent pace all over the park teams that do have that pace will ultimately win more games. If you look at the most important aspects of the game - closing down, we close down rarely, slowly and by pressing slowly allow teams to easily play around us and have an overload. Happened loads of times against Leicester. Our running off the ball is slow and movement is non existent.

With the players we have, even 3 players will not be sufficient to get us out of this hole I doubt.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

BostonHammer wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:20 pm By the club do you mean Claret and Hugh? Doesn't he get things wrong all the time? I know he's Sullivan's puppet

Haven't you just contradicted yourself?

How does he "get things wrong" if he's a direct puppet of Sullivan? That's about as ITK as you can get, surely? :?
Doyley72

Post by Doyley72 »

pezza20 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:02 pm Forget Payet, it's all dwarf BS

You can play whatever formation you like but without decent pace all over the park teams that do have that pace will ultimately win more games. If you look at the most important aspects of the game - closing down, we close down rarely, slowly and by pressing slowly allow teams to easily play around us and have an overload. Happened loads of times against Leicester. Our running off the ball is slow and movement is non existent.

With the players we have, even 3 players will not be sufficient to get us out of this hole I doubt.
Completely agree....its was so frustrating watching us "close down" their defence but all half hearted...it was so easy for them to play out of trouble and then we had 3/5 players out of position...play with three up front, close together and hunt them down in packs...on Saturday, Ajeti came on and he chased them down, with passion and fire and caused them problems...have another two with him and we have a system....but it needs a massive overhaul to play that style and different formations...