The January Transfer Window 2020

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

IronZ-79
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 501 likes

Re: The January Transfer Window 2020

Post by IronZ-79 »

Agree with how easy it is for teams to play around us when we try press. Some players commit fully to it and others are way to slow. Was evident last night.

Somehow we are still outside the drop zone. A lot of teams and players will be waiting for better offers...and we will be waiting right till the end for a bargain.

Everyone one needs resting on Sat. They looked shagged last night.
Doyley72
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 110 likes

Post by Doyley72 »

OllyWHU6 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:01 pm As hapless as our recruitment I’m sure glad some of you lot on here don’t have sway either.

Allen, Nzonzi, and Giroud would all but ensure we went down and probably struggle to stay up in the Championship. The game has changed even in the last 4-5 years and pace is essential to play effectively. Those 3 would challenge Noble and Snodgrass in a race for last place.

The new CM needs to be dynamic in a physical sense, speed to get forward and back not leave Rice isolated the way Noble does. Look at Leicester lightweight in the middle but nippy. We battle, but are cumbersome.

A new striker needs speed next to Haller, a threat in behind. Teams know they can push up on us when we don’t have Antonio as we can’t break away with speed.

Playing with 5 at the back with Noble Snodgrass cresswell and Zabaleta on the pitch is madness to me. How can you even hope to counter attack with that level of speed on the pitch.
:thup:

Couldn't agree more...Zab and Cresswell as wing backs is just embarrassing...swap with Arthur and Fred and we have something to work on...especially if we had three real centre backs (Oggy/Diop/The General) and Rice plus another energetic midfielder (Kesse?) to plug the gaps...
Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

WestHamIFC wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:08 pm How does he "get things wrong" if he's a direct puppet of Sullivan? That's about as ITK as you can get, surely?
It means he spouts what Sullivan wants put out - which is usually a mile from the truth so never comes to pass. Hence it ends up wrong...
kev
Midfield enforcer
Location: In an old Bakehouse that never stops needing money!
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by kev »

See Moses has gone to intern he would've been good addition. Very much in mould of Antonio and covers a few positions especially right wing back
BostonHammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by BostonHammer »

OFT wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:02 pm Where's Tevez these days :o :o
Returning Manure apparently :lol:
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

I think we need to face facts and realise that we are not buying anyone. the question must then be why not ? are they OK with relegation ? it would seem so !
kev
Midfield enforcer

Post by kev »

Lad on hammers chat YouTube just said he believes he's been told all possible signings are being warned of 50% wage reductions if relegated. With current league position it's hardly a selling point!
OFT
Has liked: 3242 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by OFT »

BostonHammer wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:31 pm Returning Manure apparently :lol:
Really??

:shock:
BostonHammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by BostonHammer »

OFT wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:49 pm Really??

:shock:
Yes, Google Man U Carlos Tevez you'll see lots of the usual tabloids rumoring it. Could be nonsense.
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 521 likes
Total likes: 226 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

Just watched that video.
The key point is that players don’t want to sign for us due to the 50% wage drop upon relegation, which where we are currently placed it looking quiet likely.
So we can’t attract the players we need.
Basically we are screwed.
kev
Midfield enforcer

Post by kev »

Hammer in Hornchurch wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:12 pm Just watched that video.
The key point is that players don’t want to sign for us due to the 50% wage drop upon relegation, which where we are currently placed it looking quiet likely.
So we can’t attract the players we need.
Basically we are screwed.
Yep and seems board are planning for drop
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

kev wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:25 pm See Moses has gone to intern he would've been good addition. Very much in mould of Antonio and covers a few positions especially right wing back
Yep would have liked him back. Can play cover all positions down the right-hand side - surely a better option than the knackered Zabaleta!

Conte is obviously a big fan, was a massive part of his title-winning system @ Chelsea after he returned from his loan here.
kenthammer1984
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by kenthammer1984 »

IronZ-79 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:16 pm Agree with how easy it is for teams to play around us when we try press. Some players commit fully to it and others are way to slow. Was evident last night.

Somehow we are still outside the drop zone. A lot of teams and players will be waiting for better offers...and we will be waiting right till the end for a bargain.

Everyone one needs resting on Sat. They looked shagged last night.
Even with a week off, in their next game you can still gaurantee that after 60 mins the players will be blowing out their arses!
wildkard
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 198 likes

Post by wildkard »

Being able to run fast and/or run a lot makes up for deficiencies in many other areas. People banging on about how the Dave’s interest pay outs could’ve been used to sign another player, I’d have liked to have seen it ploughed into youth recruitment. I’m no genius, but I reckon that’s where you’d find players able to run about at some pace. Not without putting the dough in to find and develop them first, of course.

Also, bloke I know with contacts at Stoke reckons there’s no chance of Allen coming to us.

Personally I’d be surprised if we sign anybody.
kev
Midfield enforcer

Post by kev »

wildkard wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:24 pm Being able to run fast and/or run a lot makes up for deficiencies in many other areas. People banging on about how the Dave’s interest pay outs could’ve been used to sign another player, I’d have liked to have seen it ploughed into youth recruitment. I’m no genius, but I reckon that’s where you’d find players able to run about at some pace. Not without putting the dough in to find and develop them first, of course.

Also, bloke I know with contacts at Stoke reckons there’s no chance of Allen coming to us.

Personally I’d be surprised if we sign anybody.
Heard same from a family of Stoke ST holders
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

I know it is a complicated business, with negotiations between clubs, players and agents all to be considered....

But when are these USELESS C***S going to sign a couple of players?!?
hammerddh
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by hammerddh »

It's loans or nowt
Best we can hope for is someone like Kessie
keithwright1977

Post by keithwright1977 »

coyi27 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:04 pm Let’s be realistic Jovic will never leave Real Madrid to join West Ham anyway, but especially under Moyes when he watches how Haller is being misused.
Don’t tell me, your not a Moyes fan, or a Pellegrini fan, maybe we should get Kovac in seeing as he got the best out of Haller last season
waynepin
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by waynepin »

just watched the video, one question for me was is Moyes a selling point do players want to sign and play for him, is he a manager players think will improve me. would Anderson, haller, fornals signed to play if pelle was not manager at the time
keithwright1977

Post by keithwright1977 »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:33 pm I know it is a complicated business, with negotiations between clubs, players and agents all to be considered....

But when are these USELESS C***S going to sign a couple of players?!?
If you don’t know the answer now you never will