The January Transfer Window 2020

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Re: The January Transfer Window 2020

Post by Knighter10WHU »

Knighter10WHU wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:53 am Maiga's on the list... bring him home :scarfer:
In all seriousness there are some ok players on there who would be half decent additions to the squad, Martin Olsson for one if we are going to play wingbacks more regularly. I'm shocked Moyes hasn't had a look at Anichebe too.
SoCal Hammer
Total likes: 1 like

Post by SoCal Hammer »

Sky Sports claim we are in talks to sign goal machine Serhou Guirassy on loan from Amiens
traxop

Post by traxop »

As much as we could do with a RB and another forward. The issue of the midfield has come to the boil for me, and I just get irrationally angry every time we are linked to another player who is not a midfielder. We could sign the new Messi and he would still be rendered ineffective by our current midfield. It's such a bugbear for me that anything short of a midfielder(the correct type of midfielder) this window will be considered a failure.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9654 likes

Post by S-H »

SoCal Hammer wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:06 am Sky Sports claim we are in talks to sign goal machine Serhou Guirassy on loan from Amiens
Haha, pathetic.
rossmundo
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by rossmundo »

hammerman11 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:00 am relegation sees us say goodbye to diop rice lanzini yarmolenko Anderson haller fornals Antonio balbuena plus sanchez ajeti Roberto martin wilshere zabaleta

not much left but hughill diagana Coventry Holland Cullen will return to the first team squad from their loans .

fabianski
fredericks cardosa ogbonna cresswell
diagana Coventry noble cullen Holland
hughill

subs who knows what is left in the cupboard
Noble in the championship.... do me a favour, you have to run in the championship :lol:
Macca1973
Has liked: 1841 likes
Total likes: 1157 likes

Post by Macca1973 »

S-H is right, it's pathetic! Scrabbling around to loan players from clubs like Amiens! :asleep:
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

SoCal Hammer wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:06 am Sky Sports claim we are in talks to sign goal machine Serhou Guirassy on loan from Amiens
:wink:

TBF he's roughly a 1 in 5 striker, most of which seem to be from 2nd division, so he looks ready to go straight into the first team :thup:
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

I bet we haven't even scouted this geezer. He was offered to Brighton yesterday. His tin pot club cant wait to get rid of him.

Splendid. Pardon?
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

With Amiens paying his wages, of course
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Macca1973 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:14 am S-H is right, it's pathetic! Scrabbling around to loan players from clubs like Amiens! :asleep:
To think we left the Boleyn for this.
b0x

Post by b0x »

traxop wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:07 am As much as we could do with a RB and another forward. The issue of the midfield has come to the boil for me, and I just get irrationally angry every time we are linked to another player who is not a midfielder. We could sign the new Messi and he would still be rendered ineffective by our current midfield. It's such a bugbear for me that anything short of a midfielder(the correct type of midfielder) this window will be considered a failure.
same.. im a few days away from screaming at clouds... the reason why i see the value in bringing back cullen, will he dominate the premiership? no.. will he give moyes options in the start 11 and off the bench, absolutely

maybe we can use this coronavirus breakout out of china to our favour - quaratine the squad and coaching staff at rush green 24/7 while the rest of the premiership drop like flies, can we catch liverpool at this stage?
kev
Midfield enforcer
Location: In an old Bakehouse that never stops needing money!
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by kev »

Macca1973 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:14 am S-H is right, it's pathetic! Scrabbling around to loan players from clubs like Amiens! :asleep:
Yep that phone call
We would like what I can only presume is your best striker but we only want him on loan in case he's **** and we go down. I know this means you then can't replace him but you'll be doing us a huge favour. Thanks The Dave's.

Amiens
Er piss off
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1168 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Maybe Guirassy will be brilliant.

What does the club he plays for currently have to do with how good he'd be for us?
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1092 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

traxop wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:07 am As much as we could do with a RB and another forward. The issue of the midfield has come to the boil for me, and I just get irrationally angry every time we are linked to another player who is not a midfielder. We could sign the new Messi and he would still be rendered ineffective by our current midfield. It's such a bugbear for me that anything short of a midfielder(the correct type of midfielder) this window will be considered a failure.
There is almost no chance we are going to be able to solve the midfield problem long term in a January transfer window when we are in a relegation battle.
Macca1973
Has liked: 1841 likes
Total likes: 1157 likes

Post by Macca1973 »

fjthegrey wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:23 am Maybe Guirassy will be brilliant.

What does the club he plays for currently have to do with how good he'd be for us?
Nothing, it's the fact we're asking sh*t clubs like Amiens to lend us their bang average players because we're too tight to spend any money!
badabing
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by badabing »

Did I really read we are interested in Payet?
If he wasn’t impressed last time with what we bought then im not quite sure what he’d think now
Razzle feckin dazzle
damo
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by damo »

Football London

West Ham plotting move for Slavia Prague midfielder Tomas Soucek

The Hammers are desperate to bolster their options in midfield and have identified the Czech international as a potential signing

By Sam Inkersole

West Ham are exploring a deal to sign midfielder Tomas Soucek from Slavia Prague, football.london understands.

The 24-year-old midfielder is valued at around €25m by his club but the Hammers have been told they could get him for half that if a deal can be struck. They are confident they can agree an initial loan deal with an option to buy at the end of the campaign but nothing has been agreed yet.

Soucek has scored ten goals so far this season, eight in the Fortuna Liga, for Prague and plays effectively as a number six or eight in the midfield so could slot in alongside Declan Rice.

Soucek has picked up 25 caps for his country

West Ham are desperate for a new midfielder this window and have been linked with a host of them so far as they bid to battle against the drop. A move for Genk midfielder Sander Berge is unlikely, football.london understands.

The club also holds interest in Franck Kessie of AC Milan and Joe Allen of Stoke City but the latter would be a last resort.

With just a week of the transfer window remaining, the Hammers need to get a move on if they want to bolster the squad having only signed Darren Randolph so far this window as a backup goalkeeper from Middlesbrough for £4m.

The club is currently struggling to attract players, with football.london understanding that two players this summer have rejected the club's advances as they don't want to be involved in a relegation battle.

Another move has also fallen through with the selling club wanting a permanent option included in a loan deal even if the Hammers were relegatedat the end of the season.

https://www.football.london/west-ham-un ... a-17623954
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Quite possible that we have no interest in Guirassy at all and it's just his agent trying to get him a move. He's been linked with Leicester and Aston Villa in the last few days too.
keithwright1977

Post by keithwright1977 »

My mates driving his cab towards the London Stadium with no other than Gabriel Barbosa in the back........yes........... no no no .......... they’ve just driven past it and are on the way to Tottenham instead.......... that was so close
traxop

Post by traxop »

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:27 am There is almost no chance we are going to be able to solve the midfield problem long term in a January transfer window when we are in a relegation battle.
For me, it's not about the the long term heir to Noble - we'll need to wait for the summer window for that. We do however need someone in the vein of a Joao Mario to do a job for us for the rest of the season.