Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Samba »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:38 pm Had a friend recently diagnosed with Motor Neurone (he is early 50's) 2-5 years left tops, with the last 2 -3 years possibly a complete wreck in a wheelchair, he is looking as his last holiday destination to Switzerland. Cannot blame anyone taking that way out.
MND & dementia are the new cancer.
Perhaps if that c*nt Adolf hadn't been the catalyst for 75m people dying in WW2, some of those people might have gone on to discover cures for those 2 things or anything else, by now. Of course, we'll never know for sure but he might well have cursed all of humanity, by his actions.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 336 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Samba :lol:

I have never ever seen that argument regarding the issue for some of todays problems. Using your argument, Adolf's final solution may well have killed 6 more Adolf's, although they may have possibly been called Abraham and may well have wiped the world totally out...or, population exploded and global warming hit us 30 years earlier...or, we would have the cure for all known ailments, and maybe one of them would have purchased West Ham and took us to the next level...

In other words, I think your argument may have some holes in it :lol:

Driving to work in the dark when it is raining, particularly on country roads, that sucks!
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

Is there anything more annoying than getting stuck next to a group of whittering women on the train in the morning?

If it's not the incessant nattering it's the incredibly dull conversation topics.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

sendô wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:56 am Is there anything more annoying than getting stuck next to a group of whittering women on the train in the morning?
Yes, being stuck behind two fucknuggets looking at their phones while you're climbing some stairs. I had to summon all the strength in my body not to grab both of them by the back of their collars and yank them out of the way.
Samba

Post by Samba »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:28 am Samba :lol:
I have never ever seen that argument regarding the issue for some of todays problems.
In other words, I think your argument may have some holes in it :lol:
No, I'm rather proud of coming up with it!
I'm serious though. That c*nt (yes, I realise that others also did similar before him, to different extents) relatively recently, altered the course of history, forever.
We can't ever know for sure but losing 75m people from living their full, lives must have had all kinds of terrible consequences for all of us, not just for them & their families/loved ones.
There must have been some very clever people, if not geniuses, that we lost in that 75m.
Shitler cursed us all.
jastons
Has liked: 900 likes
Total likes: 858 likes

Post by jastons »

sendô wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:56 am Is there anything more annoying than getting stuck next to a group of whittering women on the train in the morning?

If it's not the incessant nattering it's the incredibly dull conversation topics.
Get yourself a pair of earphones and Spotify
Samba

Post by Samba »

I'm telling you, my theory is that the nattering & chattering of women, is the human analogue of cats purring.
It serves no other purpose other than making them feel happy, relaxed & contented. It's why they get upset when we don't want to indulge their constant talking.
Sauce!
Location: sitting on a bucket on a hamper in the corner of the old wigwam.
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Sauce! »

Samba wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:59 am MND & dementia are the new cancer.
Perhaps if that c*nt Adolf hadn't been the catalyst for 75m people dying in WW2, some of those people might have gone on to discover cures for those 2 things or anything else, by now. Of course, we'll never know for sure but he might well have cursed all of humanity, by his actions.
What about the reality where Hitler cured cancer?

Makes you think...
Samba

Post by Samba »

Sauce! wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:53 pm What about the reality where Hitler cured cancer?
Makes you think...
:lol:
Somewhat unlikely, I would suggest..
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

Samba wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:00 pm :lol:
Somewhat unlikely, I would suggest..
Although not curing it, it was the Nazis that were the first to find a conclusive link between smoking and lung cancer...
DasNutNock2
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by DasNutNock2 »

Big cull at work, in the US at least, and they’ve just binned some excellent staff on an incredibly minor (and probably legally unenforceable) technicality, presumably because they were making their bosses look like the no-talent ass clowns they are. Grotty stuff.
jastons
Has liked: 900 likes
Total likes: 858 likes

Post by jastons »

Judges giving out very lieniiant 'punishments'. Local to me, a 15 year old girl was knocked down and killed. The driver admitted to driving through a red light. A witness statement and other evidence proved that he only started braking once the light turned red. He admitted to causing death by careless driving. His punishment? 300 hours community service and a four year driving ban.

300 hours unpaid work is nothing compared to killing someone and why only a four year ban? He should be banned for life, absolutely no question.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 497 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Danposter. Clearly.
sendô

Post by sendô »

jastons wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:32 pm Judges giving out very lieniiant 'punishments'. Local to me, a 15 year old girl was knocked down and killed. The driver admitted to driving through a red light. A witness statement and other evidence proved that he only started braking once the light turned red. He admitted to causing death by careless driving. His punishment? 300 hours community service and a four year driving ban.

300 hours unpaid work is nothing compared to killing someone and why only a four year ban? He should be banned for life, absolutely no question.
I don't get that. When is an accident not an accident? When someone runs a red light.
EastBrisHammer

Post by EastBrisHammer »

jastons wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:32 pm Judges giving out very lieniiant 'punishments'. Local to me, a 15 year old girl was knocked down and killed. The driver admitted to driving through a red light. A witness statement and other evidence proved that he only started braking once the light turned red. He admitted to causing death by careless driving. His punishment? 300 hours community service and a four year driving ban.

I know a lot of people will not agree with me on this but its always difficult to judge in these cases without all the facts. I think most of us are guilty at one time or another of trying to get through a set of lights before they go red. How did she get killed? Did she just walk out without looking? Did he completely mistime it thinking he could make the light and as it changed committed to going through it rather than slamming on the breaks with the consequences that can also entail? It probably was an accident, a horrible and tragic one, and why the the lenient punishment. That's no comfort to the parents of the 15 year old girl but we should always be wary about applying the law in strict black and white terms. Personally if I was him I would never drive a car again and the guilt would probably eat me up for the rest of life.
Samba

Post by Samba »

EastBrisHammer wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:47 am I know a lot of people will not agree with me on this but it's always difficult to judge in these cases without all the facts. It probably was an accident, a horrible and tragic one, and why the the lenient punishment. That's no comfort to the parents of the 15 year old girl but we should always be wary about applying the law in strict black and white terms.
I think this is so true, EBH.
I have found myself thinking 'x' about a story & then when finding out the full details, thinking, how could I have been so wrong.
Unless you're close to a case, the rest of us tend to only get the black & white of it.
Although, some sentencing can be f*cking ridiculous, which doesn't help. Justice is not always full.
AnthraxDave
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 156 likes

Post by AnthraxDave »

"Woke"
"OK Boomer"

And any other pathetic catchphrases that seem to be doing the rounds on Facebook.
To be fair, I am really tempted to bin the whole Social Media thing off.

My Facebook feed seems to be turning into the following running order of posts:

"Baby photo"
"Pointless Text over Posing Selfie"
"Irrelevant Advert" (Why do I care about a Pub re-opening in York when I live 150 miles away?)
"Meme"
"Cat Video"
"Some **** donated to some ****'s fundraiser"
"Irrelevant Advert"
"Baby Photo"
"Something mildly interesting and informative"
"Meme"
"Baby Photo"
"Animal Photo"
"Some **** is interested in some ****ing event"
"Irrelevant Advert"
Samba

Post by Samba »

SO glad I'm not on FB.
EastBrisHammer

Post by EastBrisHammer »

I don't know what age you are AnthraxDave but FB gets better as you get older.

Interspersed between the cat, baby, and holiday photos you get messages of "We are there for you hon", when someone rants about their divorce and their dick head ex husband. And endless pictures of food that doesn't even look particularly appetizing and then you get someones forthright view on politics, labouring a point they made months ago.

I gave up FB about 7 years ago and never miss it.
sendô

Post by sendô »

I'm part of a few different right and left wing groups on faceache.

There's a leftie one about social justice, about what is going too far and what isn't.

I stuck something on there a few days back that was a crop of some SJW tweeting about the film 1917, and the issue with the film being not that they don't have enough women in the trenches in the film, but effectively that the film shouldn't even have been made because there's been too many war films about the front lines etc, and not enough films about women in war.

Bugger me, the place nearly exploded. The comment responses are into the hundreds. I've had people responding literally telling me to f*** off. :lol: