David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Re: David Moyes - 18th Permanent Manager of WHUFC

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Overall the performance against Leicester was pretty woeful, but we did have a decent spell in the 2nd half when Antonio come on. We were nowhere near out of it until we gave the penalty away. I doubt Moyes really believes it was an ok performance, but we’re low on numbers, low enough on confidence...I really don’t see the point of Moyes tearing into them to the media.
Sloop John B
The voice of reason
Has liked: 225 likes
Total likes: 448 likes

Post by Sloop John B »

David Moyes wrote: "I think we're playing with quite a lot of confidence and showing that in our games. I think the two late goals on Wednesday turned an okay performance into a really bad one."
On face value it's plainly ridiculous... But come on we need to stop getting annoyed with what managers say in the media...They're all highly skilled at fluffy banality.

Unfortunately currently the football is as banal as his media skills.
brothernero
Has liked: 702 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Post by brothernero »

After Sunderland not one single club wanted anything to do with David Moyes, he was seen as a bygone manager and in all honesty a laughing stock.

Enter West Ham, he was free and cheap so we gave him the job. Yes he kept us up but my god the football was painful.

We then parted ways and looked elsewhere.

David Moyes goes back to being unemployed and once again despite a fair amount of interviews not one single club was willing to give him a chance. No Championship sides or lower. No overseas or European club. No one.

West Ham sack Pellegrini and need a new manager ASAP. David Moyes is once again free and will be cheap and easy to get.

For the 2nd time enter David Moyes.

That is West Ham under GSB, and it's sad how many of how fans are making excuses for it and clinging onto the hope that David Moyes will end up being something he never really was in the first place.

4 seasons into the dream move, the so called promised land and here we are joint 19th in the table and backing all our hopes on David Moyes saving us for the 2nd time.

No one on here btw hates David Moyes, we all know the problem is the owners but that does not excuse the fact that Moyes is a poor manager and fans are entitled to question him and be unhappy with his appointment.

He may well keep us up, but the thought of him being here long term is about as depressing as things can be and right now everything about West Ham United is depressing.
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 609 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

brothernero wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:18 pm After Sunderland not one single club wanted anything to do with David Moyes, he was seen as a bygone manager and in all honesty a laughing stock

He may well keep us up, but the thought of him being here long term is about as depressing as things can be and right now everything about West Ham United is depressing.
Great post :thup:
Pango

Post by Pango »

Hockley Hammer wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:00 pm Whatever your feelings on Moyes, there is one stat that keeps coming back about the previous manager.

1 point in six home games between mid September and New Year's Day.

You cannot defend a record like that. The wins at Chelsea and Southampton do not make up for that.

The last two defeats were the worst of them all.

I'd seen enough at the Arsenal defeat - I wanted him gone then.

The appointment of Moyes is underwhelming and typical of the shysters running our club.

I do believe he knows where we are as a Club, I personally am more confident of staying up with him than Pellers but I think the whole club is so badly run our luck may run out this season. If it does so be it.

I know where the blame lays and it isn't Moyes.
Wise words ... :thup:
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 469 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

brothernero wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:18 pm
4 seasons into the dream move, the so called promised land and here we are joint 19th in the table and backing all our hopes on David Moyes saving us for the 2nd time.
Whilst I don't think the football was always that dire under Moyes first time round - he got Arnautovic & Lanzini performing for instance - that one sentence above sums up the current state of affairs perfectly
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

student_hammer wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:55 am Just don’t understand the Moyes sympathisers at all. Any excuse not to criticise him.

Honest Questions, for those that see him as the football management messiah:

1. What do you like about his style of play
2. Why do you think he is most likely to keep us up
3. Why is he the best man for the job
4. Of the four premier league games he’s overseen on his return what has been the most encouraging aspect
1 - His style of play when he actually builds a team is aggressive, decent passing with pressing and use of width. It is very effective.

2 - Dunno about most likely, but was best of our available options.

3 - Because in time he will build the team up, both on and off the field. If he puts the infrastructure in place he had at Everton we will be miles ahead of where we are at the moment.

4 - We look more competitive and organized, Leicester game excluded.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

funky chicken wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:34 am Is Moyes the kind of manager to demand new signings? He was happy to sit 2-3 summer windows at Everton not making any signings didn't he, if I am not mistaken?

I do get the impression he is one those managers he rightfully, or wrongfully likes to equally work with and try to improve players he already has the club. That's probably the one thing Moyes and Pellers have in common as Pellers of course was given money to spend, particularly for his first season. But seemed happy to not demand we needed more players in certain positions as he wanted to work with players he has at his disposable.

Moyes really needs to put his foot down and demand at worse 2 new signings this window. He has nothing to lose. As IMO we will absolutely go down if we don't. And if the owners don't play ball the fans will rightfully target the owners anyway for not doing enough to try and keep us up.
Wow - a manager that stands by a club despite it being in financial difficulty. What a b*stard!
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Hockley Hammer wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:00 pm Whatever your feelings on Moyes, there is one stat that keeps coming back about the previous manager.

1 point in six home games between mid September and New Year's Day.
Good post :thup:.

We knew that we had a favourable run of fixtures and needed to get points from them and Pellegrini failed badly. 0 points from Newcastle, Arsenal and Leicester reserves at home are 3 absolute horrendous performances and results.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:46 am The other day, I started working out the loss percentage of our previous managers rather than the usual win percentage. I went back to the beginning of G&S's reign but couldn't find a manager with a stat as bad as Pellegrinis (calculated from figures on wikipedia) - and that includes Zola and Avram Grant.
Yes - the loss rate is totally underappreciated, thanks to the media focus on win %age. We should look at overall records, rather than just win rates.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Ironing Board wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:05 pm Wow - a manager that stands by a club despite it being in financial difficulty. What a b*stard!
How was training today mate?
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Mega Ron wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:52 pm How was training today mate?
:wink:
Brown Sauce
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Brown Sauce »

Ironing Board wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:03 pm 1 - His style of play when he actually builds a team is aggressive, decent passing with pressing and use of width. It is very effective.

2 - Dunno about most likely, but was best of our available options.

3 - Because in time he will build the team up, both on and off the field. If he puts the infrastructure in place he had at Everton we will be miles ahead of where we are at the moment.

4 - We look more competitive and organized, Leicester game excluded.
1. Didn’t manage that at Manchester United or Real Sociedad or Sunderland or West Ham.

2. No he wasn’t. He was the easy option.

3. He won’t.

4. We looked good in 1 game. The other 3 were no different to MP.
Brown Sauce

Post by Brown Sauce »

Ironing Board wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:11 pm Yes - the loss rate is totally underappreciated, thanks to the media focus on win %age. We should look at overall records, rather than just win rates.
Actually no, it’s points per game that count. How’s Moyes record look at West Ham??
brothernero
Has liked: 702 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Post by brothernero »

IB's obsession with David Moyes is quite frankly pretty weird and disturbing. :arry:
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Brown Sauce wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:59 pm 1. Didn’t manage that at Manchester United or Real Sociedad or Sunderland or West Ham.

2. No he wasn’t. He was the easy option.

3. He won’t.

4. We looked good in 1 game. The other 3 were no different to MP.
Man Utd would kill for his win ratio at the moment!
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

brothernero wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:02 pm IB's obsession with David Moyes is quite frankly pretty weird and disturbing. :arry:
You should see my David Moyes commemorative tea set and tablecloth!

The centrepiece shows him gleefully clutching the Charity Shield. Unfortunately it doesn’t have any cups...
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

Ironing Board wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:12 pm You should see my David Moyes commemorative tea set and tablecloth!

The centrepiece shows him gleefully clutching the Charity Shield. Unfortunately it doesn’t have any cups...
Tea bagged by David Moyes?
Brown Sauce

Post by Brown Sauce »

Ironing Board wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:11 pm Man Utd would kill for his win ratio at the moment!
Man United would kill for the squad he wasted at the moment.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

jastons wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:16 pm Tea bagged by David Moyes?
Cream went everywhere when filling the West Ham-themed milk jug. Turned out it was full of holes at the back!