Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2368 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by Ozza »

Sounds like he's tired and had enough to me, not sure I blame him
sgb1972
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by sgb1972 »

HammerMan2004 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:36 am Interesting comments from Noble:

Speaking exclusively to talkSPORT, he said: “I’m 33 in May. I’ve been doing this for 15/16 years of my life. It’s half my life.”

“At a club at this level with the money we’ve spent, you can’t rely on me. You can’t rely on me to come on at half-time during an FA Cup game – that shouldn’t be like that.”

“The manager knew I had played three games in a week, and we’ve got two big games at home.”

“I spoke to him yesterday and he said he would be putting me on the bench today to save my legs.”

He continued: “When his team performs like that then what can you do? Listen I’ve just said to the players in there that we’ve got to look at ourselves in the mirror – it’s no-one else’s fault.”

“We’ve changed managers, we can’t use that excuse.”

“We’ve got to say to ourselves did I work hard enough today? Was I good enough? And the answer for me was no.”

“I constantly worry about the club. I’m turning 33 soon and that’s where you’re at the age where you want to enjoy the last few years of your career,” he explained.

“But when you’re fighting relegation battles, then trust me it isn’t enjoyable.”
Heard that interview with the Moose clown.

Why did Noble laugh a few times? Can’t see the funny side myself.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

That statement. FINALLY. Now that IS “written by Mark Noble”. :thup:

Angry. Tired. Honest.

When he finally goes into punditry and has detached himself from his wage slip, that’s gonna be one great, tragic biography to purchase.
mickthekeeper
Has liked: 179 likes
Total likes: 232 likes

Post by mickthekeeper »

sgb1972 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:44 am Heard that interview with the Moose clown.

Why did Noble laugh a few times? Can’t see the funny side myself.
Hysteria, or has to laugh or he’ll never stop crying?’
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

Ozza wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:42 am Sounds like he's tired and had enough to me, not sure I blame him
I posted this a while ago, can't be arsed searching for it. He has looked fed up for a while now. His performances look like a guy who has given up and I can't blame him. He knows the squad isn't good enough to compete and now we are bang in trouble I can't imagine he has the energy, desire or ability to try and grab the team by the scruff of the neck and keep us up.

It seems like the end of an era to me. We can't go into next season with Noble still trying to carry us.
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 330 likes
Total likes: 591 likes

Post by Croydon »

Not sure what you're seeing e17.

To me it's the same old platitudes, the same rehashed soundbites.
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

Agree Danny
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Ozza wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:42 am Sounds like he's tired and had enough to me, not sure I blame him
I think it all really hurts him as well.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Croydon wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:53 am Not sure what you're seeing e17.

To me it's the same old platitudes, the same rehashed soundbites.
At least he’s being honest about his own abilities at last Croydon mate.
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

I get what Nobes is saying, we all feel that... But it's not really good having a club captain like him right now.
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

Second half upset me yesterday.

All the stick Noble has taken over the last few years from complete morons.

The bloke hasn't seen barely any improvement in quality around him for 16 years. That's why managers have continued to pick him.

He's weary and I don't blame him.

Every single player yesterday didn't want to take any responsibility and looked to give it to Noble because they know he's willing to take it all on his shoulders and in actual fact he's still the only player in the squad capable of splitting defensive lines and creating something. The only other one is Fornals who Moyes doesn't appear to fancy whilst Lanzini mopes around doing bugger all.

If West Ham isn't already finished it certainly will be when this bloke retires. Nothing left of us.

Don't know whether to laugh or cry. And Nobes was exactly the same in that interview.
el pato
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by el pato »

Scroll back over this thread,and people advocating for Noble to be groomed as e future manager of West Ham, no way is he cut out for that role.He is now starting to sound a bit whiney to me.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

It might have turned out a bit better Mark, if you didn’t peddle their **** for the last few years. Maybe empathise with the fans every now and then rather than throw them on the floor.

Bloke’s been a company man for the shysters, because it guaranteed a big pay check for more years than his performance deserved, where let’s be honest, he wouldn’t get paid or played at this level by anyone else.

Used to love the guy but he let us down massively these last few years.

Sad but true.
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

DannyboyDJL wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:53 am I posted this a while ago, can't be arsed searching for it. He has looked fed up for a while now. His performances look like a guy who has given up and I can't blame him. He knows the squad isn't good enough to compete and now we are bang in trouble I can't imagine he has the energy, desire or ability to try and grab the team by the scruff of the neck and keep us up.

It seems like the end of an era to me. We can't go into next season with Noble still trying to carry us.
Trouble is if you say he knows the squad isn't good enough (especially for some time) it simply puts into doubt either his honesty or his observation abilities (or both) for less than 6 months ago he said the squad was so good they never expected to lose a match. Maybe it's just his memory that's gone.

Personally I think he is just wallowing in confusion and powerlessness to control the unexpected circumstances he finds himself in, which is why he looks beaten on and off the pitch punctuated by acts of anger. Headless chicken stuff and like his boss really doesn't know where to turn next as attempts to put a brave face on events become increasingly desperate and futile.
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

Even though we were so bad yesterday! Mark & Declan were still our best, that shows how bad we truly are, the manager whining he does not have the back room staff to support him, well who would want to join Our Club currently!
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4294 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Footballers are like any other employees or work colleagues.

They, just like most of us, know when their workmates are either dawdling or incompetent.

We could all see it with Bob. We can see it with Sanchez. It can increasingly be seen with Balbuena. We suspect it of Ajeti and Haller.

And so will their squad mates.

Noble's frustration was at having to play because the stand in had been so bad, and because there was not enough by way of alternative.

Before someone says Fornals, his pass accuracy was just 59% in the first half. The team couldn't handle being put under pressure.

Managers are only heavily to blame for appalling footballers if they recruited them, while owners need to react when it is obvious that a pile of unsuitable, useless crap has been recruited and bequeathed by a manager who was doing so poorly they sacked him.
smuts
Has liked: 1500 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

At least the place ain't run like a circus anymore eh?
hammer1975
Has liked: 934 likes
Total likes: 1089 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Whilst part of me was glad he made such an honest statement part of me felt it adds to my suspicion that there is a split in the camp behind the scenes between the players who’ve been there a while (largely British core) and the rest.
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

hammer1975 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:36 am Whilst part of me was glad he made such an honest statement part of me felt it adds to my suspicion that there is a split in the camp behind the scenes between the players who’ve been there a while (largely British core) and the rest.
Yup no doubt
kev
Midfield enforcer
Location: In an old Bakehouse that never stops needing money!
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by kev »

Noble just summed it up with his comment regards he was hoping his last few years would be enjoyment even if that meant mid table with a cup run. He clearly appreciates his time of 40-50 games a year is up and is in need of a rest but clearly states rest are not up to it. Sad times