David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

chappo59
Location: In a land far far away where away defeats are frowned upon
Has liked: 398 likes
Total likes: 226 likes

Re: David Moyes - 18th Permanent Manager of WHUFC

Post by chappo59 »

Did Moyes walk out on Sunderland before they went down?
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

What? Are our portacabins not good enough anymore? He’s sooo up his own arse.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

chalks wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:57 am I’m hearing, quite reliably, that Moyes is waiting until the deadline passes before bringing anymore staff in

The reason? Broken promises on transfer funds.

We’ll be looking for another manager from next Sat, which would hopefully have the press finally outing these thieving ***** for what they really are
Sounds familiar.

Maybe he's not willing to go through the same situation twice... the last time destroyed his reputation

https://www.fotmob.com/news/s9hprf7968d ... erland-job
David Moyes will not be able to strengthen Sunderland in the January transfer window, much to his frustration.

Sunderland manager David Moyes admitted he would have thought twice about joining the club had he known of the financial issues.

Moyes will not be able to strengthen his side in the January transfer window with the Premier League cellar-dwellers up for sale.

The situation has left Moyes frustrated as he bids to preserve Sunderland's top-flight status after replacing Sam Allardyce in the off-season, so much so that he has regrets over taking on the top job at the Stadium of Light.
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

OFT wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:27 pm One possible question to be thrown at him should this happen may be ' I thought you had better players this time'.
Depends on who's asking the question, if it's GSB then the obvious answer would be "I thought you promised a world class team for a world class stadium..."
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Post by Burnley Hammer »

As much as people believe he was desperate and willing to accept anything... as a manager who is trying to rebuild his reputation, I don't believe for a second that he took the job knowing that he was going to get nothing in the January window. That would have been far too risky a move for him and one that would finish him off once and for all. I believe that walking out would be better for his reputation than simply sitting there, accepting nothing, and taking us down. He's already been in that position once before and won't have any wish for a repeat.
Tenbury
Has liked: 729 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Post by Tenbury »

I agree ,but could just be a bit of brinkmanship (but is he that smart?).
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1523 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

The thing that did surprise me about Moyes taking this job was that he appears to be hear because he wants to succeed (as opposed to the money, like Pellegrini).

My confusion has always been that if Moyes really was here to rebuild his reputation, there is no way in hell he should have taken this job without stone-cold promises about full-back, central midfield and striking reinforcements.

I can't see him walking, but I'd bloody love it if he did.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1523 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

Tenbury wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:16 am I agree ,but could just be a bit of brinkmanship (but is he that smart?).
He is smart. He's one of the best Premier League managers of the last 20 years. The question was, is he desperate. It appeared that he was, this would suggest that maybe he isn't as desperate as we thought.

I would be amazed that he took this job, confident of keeping us up with the no additions to the current squad. If he was, then his footballing knowledge is much less than I thought.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

so relegation and moyes quiting as well !

get scot parker in for the championship !
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

hammerman11 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:24 am so relegation and moyes quiting as well !

I don't imagine he'd want to take the step down
Italian Hammer
Total likes: 299 likes

Post by Italian Hammer »

With the mainstream media waking up to GSB and what they have done to this club, should Moyes walk after the close of the window it would turn a snowball into an avalanche.

Either sullivan's ego is soo big and interested in only his bank balance that he so stupid that he can't see what is staring him in the face, or he just doesn't give a s@#t as he is already planning to sell.

If Moyes does resign, he would get a lot of respect from me as we all know the number of times they have made promises that were (in their own words) "not set in stone"
peter49uk
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by peter49uk »

hammerman11 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:24 am so relegation and moyes quiting as well !

Scot will have more sense than that, also he will and a lot more will now be up to date with the revelations.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 583 likes
Total likes: 530 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Oh come on! Moyes is not a good manager. He might have been half decent once, many years ago, but he is not now. He hasn't got a clue.
Just because we have an incompetent, fraudulent board it doesn't mean we should be letting the manager off the hook.
As one or two others have said, relegation was pretty much confirmed the day he came back. Headbanger
peter49uk
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by peter49uk »

chalks wrote: ↑Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:57 am
I’m hearing, quite reliably, that Moyes is waiting until the deadline passes before bringing anymore staff in
The reason? Broken promises on transfer funds.

Now if he did walk he would go up in my estimation's, sure hope he does.
richneal
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia. 5,000 miles from goal.
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by richneal »

Jake Steinberg in today's Guardian gives us the inspirational and reassuring news that David Sullivan is resuming control of transfer negotiations. Thank god he's taking a personal interest - our relegation worries are over.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ing-points
9) Sullivan and Moyes under pressure to shop for reinforcements

... David Moyes, who has his eye on the Slavia Prague midfielder Tomas Soucek, has made little impact since replacing Pellegrini and was unable to promise there will be much activity this week. David Sullivan, the club’s powerful co-owner, has resumed control of transfer negotiations and is under increasing pressure to get an unbalanced, injury-hit squad out of a hole.
Paolo's Piranhas

Post by Paolo's Piranhas »

Tenbury wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:16 am I agree ,but could just be a bit of brinkmanship (but is he that smart?).
Depends on his character, and how much of a chance he thinks he really has of pulling off survival, with everything else that's going on. Considering the Savile-esque level of 180-degree turns going on in the media right now, handing in his notice would play a lot better than sticking around and keeping us up.

I'm definitely 'not' complaining, but I'd love to know why the journalistic-worm has picked now to turn.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

if anyone actually thinks moyes will walk you can get 50/1 odds on next manager to leave post with betfair.
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 317 likes

Post by Het-Field »

I’d love to be a fly on the wall during the negotiations when Moyes took over again. I’d be amazed if he agreed to take on the job again if there was only money to upgrade on our reserve keeper (which was absolutely necessary) and that his choices in the back room could be subject to veto.

Anybody worth their salt would see that a minimum £30 million investment was necessary, even from a protective point of view to ensure salvage. Much like Palace in 2017 when they hired Sam, and he rebuilt the defence and purchased Luka as a progressive midfielder. These players continue to be a basis for Palace’s solidity. We need to sign another striker, a central midfielder and arguably a right back. Protectively we could do with putting out £10 million a head on each position, with a view to doubling or trebling that expenditure in the summer.

The idea that the current squad is sufficient to save us from relegation I feel is totally debunked. If Haller isn’t scoring, Ajeti doesn’t look like he will. The objections of most fans to signing Sánchez have been made right. We are now heavily reliant on a player who looked like his time at West Ham was done three years ago. Jack Wilshere has replaced Andy Carroll (seeing Gareth Barry won MOTM on Saturday should be a wake up call). We don’t know our best backline anymore.
OFT
Has liked: 3242 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by OFT »

Faithless wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:18 am Depends on who's asking the question, if it's GSB then the obvious answer would be "I thought you promised a world class team for a world class stadium..."
:thup:

I was thinking about the media in general asking that particular question
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

If Moyes wants to remain in football for the next 10 years or so he would be mad to stay with us.