Little things in life that make you smile

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Suffolk Iron
Has liked: 123 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Post by Suffolk Iron »

Samba wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:29 pm Have you got her number?
Discovering that Warp's mum is called Jan 😊😊😊
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Suffolk Iron wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:18 pm Discovering that Warp's mum is called Jan 😊😊😊
Keep her number, I don't want it..
DasNutNock2
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by DasNutNock2 »

Sport sport sport sport...
WestHamByTheSea
Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Post by WestHamByTheSea »

Being a bit tipsy, bemoaning the crap on telly, then realising how easy it is to put on my Beavis And Butthead box-set.

The 'Mr Manners' episode alone is perfection alone.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

I dont know why.. but it just did.

:)

Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

We've got mice at work. I left a big bag of them red hot Doritos on my desk on Friday. Came in today and the little bastards had gnawed through the packet and virtually emptied it. I'd be majorly pissed off with that until the vision of 20-odd mice with burning red hot arseholes ****ting out Doritos and all exclaiming "what the f*** have we just eaten!!?" :lol:
S-H

Post by S-H »

:lol:
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:47 pm We've got mice at work. I left a big bag of them red hot Doritos on my desk on Friday. Came in today and the little bastards had gnawed through the packet and virtually emptied it. I'd be majorly pissed off with that until the vision of 20-odd mice with burning red hot arseholes ****ting out Doritos and all exclaiming "what the **** have we just eaten!!?" :lol:
I reckon it was that c*nt in the irritate thread that ate your crisps
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

jastons wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:12 pm I reckon it was that c*nt in the irritate thread that ate your crisps
I wouldn't put it past him. He had a fan on today ... loud as hell annoying everyone. No ****'s given whatsoever. Maybe they were too hot for him :o
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

My whole life, summed up in six months, through the prism of my energy supplier.

In August I joined Switchd, on online company who ferret about in the background constantly looking for better deals than you are currently on and switching you over automatically to a new energy supplier if the annual saving is about £50 -£60 or more......when this occurs Switchd take £11.94 for having helped you find this saving.........and only take the money when a better deal is found.

Having been someone who quite regularly looks for better energy deals and changes around a little bit.......I thought I would save myself the bother and pay them to get on with it while I sit back relax and wait to be informed of my first magnificent saving and switch to a new energy company.....

And, late in September, Switchd e mailed me to tell me they had found an annual saving of £80 with the energy company Breeze.

Lovely, sorted......yes!! ...i'll definitely have a bit of that and allowed them to proceed with my switch to my new supplier Breeze Energy........

This looks easy, all great.......all working. Made a decent choice here...

Fast forward three months (yes, just the three !).....click on this this >> https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bil ... omers.html

So, now, after about 35 years since I left my first energy supplier British Gas..............I am now (automatically) safely back in the bosom of their family.

So, any youngsters out there, starting out on your new life and your first energy supplier with so many to choose from........just take my advice. Choose British Gas.......because in 30 years time you'll be back with them anyway.

DasNutNock2

Post by DasNutNock2 »

Funnily enough, I went back to BG yesterday, but only because uswitch had them as one of the cheapest tariffs available (plus they bundle some sort of insurance, too). I'd never stay "loyal" to any of them, though it is a bit annoying that it takes your incumbent supplier 2 full months after transferring to a new provider before they'll pay you back the money you've got deposited in your account...
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 578 likes

Post by vietnammer »

S-H wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:15 pm I dont know why.. but it just did.

:)

Should be a Little Things in Life that Make You Despair thread for that
S-H

Post by S-H »

Oh, I know, but for some reason it made me laugh, I may be delirious.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

Since the new year I have been practising with a few mates......for a dance routine to be performed at a wedding reception....Image

Once upon a time I was very athletic.......and movement, in time with others, would not have been a problem.

However I'm now 56. with a right knee that has disosociated itself from normal behaviour...basically it really hurts sometimes. :)

The dance routine is this....

This is in honour of the bride who is nuts about Beyonce.......I mean really nuts.

The brides sister is playing Beyonce. The five fellas are....me, the brides brother, two of my nephews and my brother in law.

Because we cant do costume changes as per the video.....we are doing the whole dance in the grey suits you see around the 2.07m mark in the video.

We all have roles in the video dictated by the five lads dancing with Beyonce........My man is the white chap in the blue tea shirt, For no other reason than I didn't feel comfortable dancing to the left of Beyonce.... :lol: .....it felt like I wanted to play right sided centre half if you get what I mean. I felt more comfortable moving in that area.

We still have about 14 weeks to go.......and we are improving, albeit slowly. But I know I'm gonna completely f*** it up when the pressure is layed down....Image

In all honesty I've never done any sort of dancing (with people giving a toss) in my life....

Anyway....we only live once and and the last year has shone a light on enjoying yourself while we are here on this shitty planet. I'm gonna really try and give it the treatment.............I think the kids nowadays say smash it a lot.

There are some spin turns later in the dance which I'm pretty much king of.......my biggest struggle at the moment is around the 1 min 04 secs proceeding through until about 1m 44sec......there is microphone work and subtle changes in movement that I need to work through.

I know every single word off by heart, something I only really ever achieved with "Cool for Cats"...by Squeeze.... :lol:
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 485 likes
Total likes: 1954 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

You'll be fabulous darling.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Owning an expensive watch that has never really fitted properly until I bought some additional half links to go in it off ebay for a score. Fits like a dream now. Best £20 I've spent in ages. :scarfer:
delbert
Has liked: 698 likes
Total likes: 697 likes

Post by delbert »

Some bloke on his bike this morning. No lycra, no little helmet, no attitude and no worries. Just a cool dude plodding along on an old style sit up and beg with a massive led speaker in the front basket to light up his way whilst pumping out some tunes.........
DasNutNock2

Post by DasNutNock2 »

The cat. He’s proper awesome, when he isn’t trying to fillet my leg with his claws.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

The ITV breakfast show mob all trying to do the hula hoop.

Kate I would love to bang that Garroway looking like she was having a fit & a dump at the same time.
S-H

Post by S-H »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:55 am The ITV breakfast show mob all trying to do the hula hoop.

Kate I would love to bang that Garroway looking like she was having a fit & a dump at the same time.

If Carlsberg did first dates..