Manchester City 2-0 West Ham Utd (19/02/20)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Re: ⚽ Manchester City v West Ham United: MATCH POSTPONED (09/02)

Post by e17 »

Depressed Hammer wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:14 pm I would deffo play Antonio and Bowen against City , but the Liverpool game we should be resting key players. 2 games in 6 days chasing a dead ball around all over the pitch is not ideal. Hope Moyes doesnt risk Antonio for both games.
:thdn:

Yeah f*** those of us going to both eh
Pentonville
Has liked: 41 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by Pentonville »

Doc H Ball wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:56 pm Get the free coach. Gets to the LS at about 2.30am Thurs.

What’s the problem?
The problem is that I start work at 8am in the morning. While getting the coach leaving the OS at 1pm means taking a day off work. That is in effect two days work lost. Clearly you can afford to do this, but i can't. But why are you in effect being an apologist for the TV coverage taking priority over supporters?
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

Ironing Board wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:14 pm Money talks!

You must be minted , the amount you talk
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

To get a refund, ticket holders need to send the ticket by recorded delivery before the 14th February.

Nice and easy then.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Pentonville wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:48 pm This is purely for the sofa fans.
Behind the sofa, more like!
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

Pentonville wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:18 pm The problem is that I start work at 8am in the morning. While getting the coach leaving the OS at 1pm means taking a day off work. That is in effect two days work lost. Clearly you can afford to do this, but i can't. But why are you in effect being an apologist for the TV coverage taking priority over supporters?
MIdweek games have been part of football for decades and decades. If anything, there seems to be far less of them these days thanks to the reduction in FA Cup replays and the removal of the early two-legged League Cup round. Not everyone can get to all of them as they can be awkward. That's life. If we get relegated there will be far more of them to contend with.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Mid week is the only time a postponed weekend game can be played, surely?
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

shame it isn't played this sunday. our "stars" would then have one game in a 2 week period, surely they could manage that? they wouldn't be able to jet off for 5 days but a 2 hour training session a day is it too hard for the pampered wasters !

playing midweek means even less hammers can get up there as you need tw days to accommodate the match.

anyway we will be stuffed whenever we play it !
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:52 am Mid week is the only time a postponed weekend game can be played, surely?
There is actually a blank weekend I think, but it is being kept clear because of Man City's "other potential commitments" such as rescheduled games if they have a cup replay. :thdn:
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

My issue isnt the fact it’s midweek so much as it’s short notice for people to get time off work.
Captain Slaphead
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by Captain Slaphead »

Marky wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:50 am My issue isnt the fact it’s midweek so much as it’s short notice for people to get time off work.
Absolutely this is the issue.

Plus I know of supporters more dedicated to the cause than I who had booked holidays abroad next week in the full & certain knowledge that WH were on "mid-season break" -- they will now be missing their first game (home or away) in a number of years.

P*ss poor darts by the Premier League.
And by WH for falling meekly into line.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Captain Slaphead wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:07 pm
Plus I know of supporters more dedicated to the cause than I who had booked holidays abroad next week in the full & certain knowledge that WH were on "mid-season break" -- they will now be missing their first game (home or away) in a number of years.

P*ss poor darts by the Premier League.
And by WH for falling meekly into line.
:thup:
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

I rarely seethe anymore.......I get angry about things but not too much seething. And I rare post in GD much now.....but..

I'm seething over this.

On a purely football level and what is best for West Ham, the straight and only answer should have been....."not on your nelly".

So many reasons why this is a bad decision but I can't be arsed to state them all.

1-2 West Ham then.... probably eh..:oops:

*PS.... would like to play chess with whoever sanctioned this from West Ham, complete numb nuts.......We should have gone out on a limb on this.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Pentonville wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:18 pm The problem is that I start work at 8am in the morning. While getting the coach leaving the OS at 1pm means taking a day off work. That is in effect two days work lost. Clearly you can afford to do this, but i can't. But why are you in effect being an apologist for the TV coverage taking priority over supporters?
Sorry mate, I was being sarcastic. I'm more than aware of the problems. I'd rather pay than get the free coach - they should be doing specials and cancelling prior to travel of course.

See you up there :thup:
Pentonville
Has liked: 41 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by Pentonville »

Doc H Ball wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:45 pm Sorry mate, I was being sarcastic. I'm more than aware of the problems. I'd rather pay than get the free coach - they should be doing specials and cancelling prior to travel of course.

See you up there :thup:
Apologies accepted - i thought it was most unlike you to appear to endorse these arrangements.

Mid week evening games are not a problem if they are no further than the midlands. i've been to the Villa, Wolves, and Leicester games this season and got back to town before midnight. its the games up in liverpool and manchester that are the problem for all the reasons i have discussed above (and the same is true for supporters coming from those cities to London for mid-week games). I'm upset i can't go next week having been off and on all last sunday (I decided to go with the dont travel by rail advice in the end, but i know people who found out the game was cancelled mid train journey), but can't afford the time off work. I hope everyone who does goes enjoys the game.
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

Just sent my ticket back unfortunately as I have prior commitments that evening - as I thought it was a winter break...
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

Obviously this rearrangement is very inconvenient for lots of people. It is however the obvious sensible time to play it. (Not something normally said about football authorities) Exceptional circumstances caused the postponement of the game so it's bound to be a bit of a make do and mend situation. Good luck to all those that can make the trip, I hope you are rewarded with a point or three.
Francoisvander or else
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by Francoisvander or else »

PF. wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:19 pm To get a refund, ticket holders need to send the ticket by recorded delivery before the 14th February.

Nice and easy then.
Well that's me lost £30 then, away with work at the moment and no chance of getting the ticket back to them by Thursday, disgraceful :x
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Re: ⚽ Manchester City v West Ham United:Match thread (19/02)

Post by Samba »

Match thread reactivated!
Well, I'm hoping for snow now..
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Re: ⚽ Manchester City v West Ham United:Match thread (19/02)

Post by hammerman11 »

would be strange if it got cancelled next week as well due to snow. should have played it this weekend. the darlings have enough time off and don't need a winters break so they can flash their money on a beach somewhere. get them in training hard and be fitter and faster for the next game. but no our stars are off on holiday back on Saturday for a chat and massage, light jog on sunday, light 2 hour session on Monday and travel up Tuesday. stuffed on weds, day off Thursday, massage Friday, light jog Saturday and travel on sunday and smashed again on Monday night !

Tuesday day off
weds massage and a chat
thurs light jog and light training
Friday rest
Saturday lose to Southampton.

well worth it !