David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 523 likes
Total likes: 419 likes

Re: David Moyes - 18th Permanent Manager of WHUFC

Post by TheHandOfDog »

miketheloop wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:56 pm Really? I love Dicanio but that’s just madness.
I'm pretty sure we have achieve madness here already.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

e17 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:34 pm I’m only quoting his mate :lol:
You were getting a wee bit naughty there. Careful the next time you come in!

(On that subject, funny how it was said to be sexist, even though he said she might get a slap 'even though you're a woman.' BBC really played it up!)
Boooogers!

Post by Boooogers! »

TheHandOfDog wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:37 pm I'm pretty sure we have achieve madness here already.
Di Canio as manager would be one step beyond Madness imo
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Boooogers! wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:17 pm Di Canio as manager would be one step beyond Madness imo
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Ironing Board wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:08 pm You were getting a wee bit naughty there. Careful the next time you come in!

(On that subject, funny how it was said to be sexist, even though he said she might get a slap 'even though you're a woman.' BBC really played it up!)
They definitely put a bit of a pervy slant on it.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

e17 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:20 pm They definitely put a bit of a pervy slant on it.
"Careful next time you come in. You might get bent over my desk and rogered, even though you're a woman"

:lol: :lol:
Hammer1972
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 213 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

Ironing Board wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:08 pm You were getting a wee bit naughty there. Careful the next time you come in!

Yeah, in a way it’s the BBC that were at fault....

:asleep:
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Hammer1972 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:26 pm Yeah, in a way it’s the BBC that were at fault....

:asleep:
You miss the point - he was actually saying he was an equal opportunities slapper!
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

I often wondered what other players thought of Di Canio, whether he was popular, or whether he brought down morale and was a nightmare to work with. I also wondered what kind of fireworks would have flown had Dicks and Di Canio been at West Ham at the same time. I know they've had their war of words in the media in the past.

Looking back, Di Canio was a focal point of a reasonably successful time for the club - probably our most sustained period of us being half-decent in recent memory - until it went quickly tits up with the relegation season. He played alongside some decent players such as Sinclair, Kanoute, and our academy stars. Awful defence back then though.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:13 pm All ifs and buts
Well of course, but Swansea was matchday 36 for us and it’s a game at the time we really should’ve been winning...
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2781 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

'In many ways Payet leaving so suddenly has allowed a myth to develop around him.' Every time I think you can't post a bigger load of nonsense than previously you manage it. You think Di Canio, who I absolutely loved and would have as manager instead of this tool we have now because I like to be entertained, was a better player than Payet? This would be Payet who shone in the World Cuo, a tournament Di Canio never played in, who was regularly voted in the FIFA team of the month, who was nominated for the Ballon D'or? We're supposed to ignore that and his stats for the previous season at L'OM when he was rated as one of the best players in Europe but we can revere the myth of Jane from about 10 seasons ago when he did f*ck all, got the sack in his next 3 jobs but he's good because he's well respected on the UEFA panel and the LMA.
You're either A, a blinding wind up merchant or B, not the full ticket. I don't think it's A.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Hammer.CA wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:58 am 'In many ways Payet leaving so suddenly has allowed a myth to develop around him.' Every time I think you can't post a bigger load of nonsense than previously you manage it. You think Di Canio, who I absolutely loved and would have as manager instead of this tool we have now because I like to be entertained, was a better player than Payet? This would be Payet who shone in the World Cuo, a tournament Di Canio never played in, who was regularly voted in the FIFA team of the month, who was nominated for the Ballon D'or? We're supposed to ignore that and his stats for the previous season at L'OM when he was rated as one of the best players in Europe but we can revere the myth of Jane from about 10 seasons ago when he did f*ck all, got the sack in his next 3 jobs but he's good because he's well respected on the UEFA panel and the LMA.
You're either A, a blinding wind up merchant or B, not the full ticket. I don't think it's A.
But for all your bluster, Di Canio is a far more decorated player, with several cups and titles in his honours list.

He played for Europe’s biggest clubs of the day too, in AC Milan and Juventus.
Boooogers!

Post by Boooogers! »

Di Canio never would've let himself go the way Payet did though. He's a right chubby cheese now...
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

There are few people who can make the then world’s greatest defense look silly like this:

https://youtu.be/S8JfVSJeu0s
student_hammer
Has liked: 41 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by student_hammer »

Hammer.CA wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:58 am 'In many ways Payet leaving so suddenly has allowed a myth to develop around him.' Every time I think you can't post a bigger load of nonsense than previously you manage it. You think Di Canio, who I absolutely loved and would have as manager instead of this tool we have now because I like to be entertained, was a better player than Payet? This would be Payet who shone in the World Cuo, a tournament Di Canio never played in, who was regularly voted in the FIFA team of the month, who was nominated for the Ballon D'or? We're supposed to ignore that and his stats for the previous season at L'OM when he was rated as one of the best players in Europe but we can revere the myth of Jane from about 10 seasons ago when he did f*ck all, got the sack in his next 3 jobs but he's good because he's well respected on the UEFA panel and the LMA.
:thup:
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Has he ever said such a thing to a fellow bloke?
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:45 am There are few people who can make the then world’s greatest defense look silly like this:

https://youtu.be/S8JfVSJeu0s

The term, twisted blood, was invented for him. Just love him as a player. I was even warming to his no nonsense managerial style too. For what it's worth, I agree with you that Di Canio was the better player than Payet (just).
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Boooogers! wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:28 pm My favourite memory of Paaarlo was when he pretty much gave up in protest against Bradford I think it was, when he thought he should've had two pens. Ended up sitting down on the pitch throwing his arms up, begging Harry to take him off🤣
That's the 5-4 game, isn't it?

Remember that one pretty well - I'd been steadily becoming a bigger and bigger fan over the past 4-5 seasons, and that was the match which (when I look back) probably sealed it for me long-term.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

prophet:marginal wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:13 am Has he ever said such a thing to a fellow bloke?
I would imagine he has. Have you never told someone, even in jest, that you are going to 'give them a slap?' I remember 'you wanna slap' being quite a common turn of phrase.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Boooogers! wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:04 am Di Canio never would've let himself go the way Payet did though. He's a right chubby cheese now...
Yeah, useless lard-arse