David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Re: David Moyes - 18th Permanent Manager of WHUFC

Post by S-H »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:52 pm 'I remember 'you wanna slap' being quite a common turn of phrase.
I bet you do, I Imagine you've heard it a fair bit.
Brown Sauce
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Brown Sauce »

IB - of a night time, after you’ve ironed your David Moyes t-shirt, washed your David Moyes mug, put on your David Moyes PJs and climbed under your David Moyes duvet, do you ever stop and think you might like David Moyes a bit too much?
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

S-H wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:06 pm I bet you do, I Imagine you've heard it a fair bit.
:lol: :thup:
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Brown Sauce wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:06 pm IB - of a night time, after you’ve ironed your David Moyes t-shirt, washed your David Moyes mug, put on your David Moyes PJs and climbed under your David Moyes duvet, do you ever stop and think you might like David Moyes a bit too much?
I do, but then my lifesize talking David Moyes robot give me a pep talk and a rubdown to calm my nerves.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:52 pm I would imagine he has. Have you never told someone, even in jest, that you are going to 'give them a slap?' I remember 'you wanna slap' being quite a common turn of phrase.
This thread isn't about me, though.

You made a suggestion that the BBC turned it into something it wasn't, kind of implying that you thought he wasn't treating a woman differently from a man.

I disagree. I think he showed him up to be a bit of a snide and a bully; two characteristics I'm not overly impressed by.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Across his last 76 Premier League games, for us and Sunderland, Moyes averages 0.9 points per game.

I'm sure his stats from three years at Everton and one at Man United boost that (probably somewhere around the 1.3 mark) but the truth is that his recent history shows him to be a poor manager at the level we are - in the Premier League.

I wish we'd taken a chance on someone younger and up and coming, rather than another of the British Manager's Club. At least then we might have someone who has the energy and interest in taking the club forward long-term. Unfortunately, I don't think that's Moyes' aim and I don't think it's the aim of the board, either.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

prophet:marginal wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:58 pm This thread isn't about me, though.

You made a suggestion that the BBC turned it into something it wasn't, kind of implying that you thought he wasn't treating a woman differently from a man.

I disagree. I think he showed him up to be a bit of a snide and a bully; two characteristics I'm not overly impressed by.
I guess Jim McLean really rubbed off on him!
Boooogers!

Post by Boooogers! »

Mega Ron wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:05 pm Yeah, useless lard-arse

Never said he was useless. Just fat for a professional footballer.

He can get away with being that overweight in the French league but at the top level that is inexcusable. He hasn't been in the France squad for 2 years now.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

By the looks of him these days in a Marseille shirt, it's not only Uber that eats.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Colours never run wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:40 pm By the looks of him these days in a Marseille shirt, it's not only Uber that eats.
Who ate all the Pay-ets, who ate all the Pay-ets....
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Even carrying an extra five stone in weight, he'd still comfortably be our best player.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Just had a quick look to see how Dimi is getting on these days and found this cracker of a goal - how he manages to score from such an acute angle with his left foot is almost unbelievable - Apologies for this not being about David Moyes .

Vic_Watson
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

The Old Man of Storr wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:56 pm Just had a quick look to see how Dimi is getting on these days and found this cracker of a goal - how he manages to score from such an acute angle with his left foot is almost unbelievable - Apologies for this not being about David Moyes .
Looks pretty lean there!
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

He is in brilliant form at the moment - scored a couple of scorchers in the past week and has scored 11 goals in total this season.
spod
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 278 likes

Post by spod »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:04 pm He is in brilliant form at the moment - scored a couple of scorchers in the past week and has scored 11 goals in total this season.
Good old Dimi.
Anyway... that David Moyes is a load of old rubbish, isn't he?
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

spod wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:09 pm Good old Dimi.
Anyway... that David Moyes is a load of old rubbish, isn't he?
David Moyes is in brilliant form at the moment - scored a couple of scorchers in the past week playing PES and has scored 11 goals in total in training this season.

:lol:
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

I would swap Zabaleta, Wilshere, Sanchez, Cresswell, Snodgrass, Ajetti and Lanzini for 6 months of Payet playing for us again.

I don’t even care if we’re supposed to hate him because of how he left. I just loved watching him play football for West Ham.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

I wish David Moyes would take a leaf out of Sajid Javids book today.. 'No self-respecting minister would accept the conditions offered by the prime minister today'.
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

Colours never run wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:23 pm I wish David Moyes would take a leaf out of Sajid Javids book today.. 'No self-respecting minister would accept the conditions offered by the prime minister today'.
Keywords: "self" and "respecting". Moyes was hard up and desperate!
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

YorksHammer wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:16 pm Across his last 76 Premier League games, for us and Sunderland, Moyes averages 0.9 points per game.

I'm sure his stats from three years at Everton and one at Man United boost that (probably somewhere around the 1.3 mark) but the truth is that his recent history shows him to be a poor manager at the level we are - in the Premier League.

I wish we'd taken a chance on someone younger and up and coming, rather than another of the British Manager's Club. At least then we might have someone who has the energy and interest in taking the club forward long-term. Unfortunately, I don't think that's Moyes' aim and I don't think it's the aim of the board, either.
I saw this argument a few pages back and didn't respond. With both us and Sunderland, Moyes was plunged straight into relegation battles, after the seasons had started, with both clubs in freefall. Sunderland were even worse than us!

Is Moyes a bad, past-it manager, who plays dull, outdated football? Maybe.

Do his stats with us and Sunderland prove that he's a bad, past-it manager? Not for me, no.

The only thing that would prove that either way, in my mind, was if he had been given the job after his first stint with us and was had a 2nd season to start afresh. Or similarly, if he's managing us next season.

For me, everything else is hypothetical. I think Moyes did a very good job at Everton. I think he's had very tough roles since, but similarly, other than keeping us up last time round, his record since then isn't particularly good. That's all I can say.