Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6771 likes
Total likes: 2355 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by Colours never run »

bonzosbeard wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:11 am No doubt if anything ever happened they would wriggle out of it and blame the contractors. However this obviously shoddy workmanship (and I'm sure some expert will argue with me) is on here now as public record. Karren Brady hang your head in shame. That is not world class retractable seating.

Not even retractable. Nor class.
Brady's such a slippery, spin, spin, sugar type of gal she'd just say something along the lines of, "You all misunderstood me. What I meant by what I said was we all live in a world and in it there are different classes and this is a stadium. You see? World. Class. Stadium. I didn't lie!. I'm just sorry that all you billigerent morons didn't understand that." :arry:
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Pop Robson wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:23 pm As an ex-electrician cable ties are for tying cables to say metal tray work

Not to make sure the metal framework of a temp stand holding thousands of people doesn't come undone.

I have photo of way back when we moved to the bowl hole that shown some of the scaffolding is on blocks
Looking at the recent image I can still see the use of many breeze blocks of some description, amongst the other discarded materials that may or may not be important of the structure of the stand.
Da Vinci
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by Da Vinci »

Colours never run wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:54 pm .... "World Class Stadium" you say, Karren? :lol:

Lies, lies, lies.
Looks like a little kid has got a strop on while playing with his lego set and left in a mess on the floor :)
asters89
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by asters89 »

Westbourne Bill wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:25 pm Millwall's plans ....and they already have a proper football ground.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... pment.html
30,000? Someone has been watching Field of Dreams.
Prob
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 192 likes

Post by Prob »

another team who will build a better stadium than us
Seaviewhammer

Post by Seaviewhammer »

Perhaps we could groundshare?
steps
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 251 likes

Post by steps »

Brentford’s new ground will be ready for next season, now Millwall submit plans.

It makes me sick to my back teeth that the Dildos chose not to redevelop the BG.

We can only live in hope that we get one day we get owners who actually have the fans best interests at heart and build us a football ground fit for purpose.
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 206 likes
Total likes: 217 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

Denbighammer wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:05 pm If our fans ever had something to get excited about and actually jumped around a bit, that would definitely fall down...
Ah I can now see the logic in exiting the cups, bring back Moyes, our shambles of a team and attracting quiet, well-behaved tourists now. The popcorn is probably also aimed at helping fans to lose weight I imagine. They think of everything this lot.
Samba
Has liked: 2476 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Post by Samba »

asters89 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:18 pm 30,000? Someone has been watching Field of Dreams.
'Build it and they still won't come'..
Samba
Has liked: 2476 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Post by Samba »

steps wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:29 pm It makes me sick to my back teeth that the Dildos chose not to redevelop the BG.
That is right up there as being one of their most heinous decisions.
Even as owners, REAL West Ham 'fans' would have completed the Upton Park renovation.
To move us to the monstrosity that is the OS? They absolutely didn't do that, as West Ham fans.
They did it for themselves.
Coops
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 585 likes

Post by Coops »

Samba wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:30 pm That is right up there as being one of their most heinous decisions.
Even as owners, REAL West Ham 'fans' would have completed the Upton Park renovation.
To move us to the monstrosity that is the OS? They absolutely didn't do that, as West Ham fans.
They are not and never have been West Ham fans.
Pulls up Trees
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Pulls up Trees »

Samba wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:30 pm That is right up there as being one of their most heinous decisions.
As would any rich owner. It's not a coincidence that was their plan for Birmingham and also what sparked their interest in Cardiff. Barry Hearn had exactly the same idea about selling Brisbane Road to move in to the OS and sold Orient the minute that plan was defeated.

I don't think people realise how much the accumulation of more wealth matters to the super rich...
Kialos
Has liked: 1550 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

If the only examples you can come up with of rich owners who rent a ground for 26 days of the year are Sullivan and Hearn, which didn't happen, then it's not " any rich owner"
Pentonville
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by Pentonville »

Pulls up Trees wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:57 pm

I don't think people realise how much the accumulation of more wealth matters to the super rich...
Although spot on here.

Went to the ticket office today (friday) to return my man city ticket, going on working day during the week, you realise more than during a match day (when there is a bit of superficial atmosphere) that there is no one around, in a bleak windblown park, bleaker still stadium, what a souless dump it is. I would go to Upton Park during the week to pick up tickets or go to the shop, completely different. It was in a community, to be realistic many living in that local community might not have actually ever entered UP, but still you got a sense of supporting a club that was in a real place. This will never be true for the OS, ever.
Pulls up Trees
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Pulls up Trees »

Kialos wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:34 pm If the only examples you can come up with of rich owners who rent a ground for 26 days of the year are Sullivan and Hearn, which didn't happen, then it's not " any rich owner"
Well it’s not like these stadiums become available every week is it? There are plenty of other examples in business of rich people asset stripping.

I heard Simon Jordan on the radio last weekend say that whatever people might think of the soulless bowl, every Premier League chairman with a smaller stadium would have taken it in a heartbeat. His point was that GSB just made a pig’s ear out of making it feel like home for us.
goa127
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

Pulls up Trees wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:44 am Well it’s not like these stadiums become available every week is it? There are plenty of other examples in business of rich people asset stripping.

I heard Simon Jordan on the radio last weekend say that whatever people might think of the soulless bowl, every Premier League chairman with a smaller stadium would have taken it in a heartbeat. His point was that GSB just made a pig’s ear out of making it feel like home for us.
I think that's the point. They manage to cock up everything they touch
painter pete
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by painter pete »

goa127 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:40 am I think that's the point. They manage to cock up everything they touch
Bang on. The boleyn is never coming back. We are not the first club or last to move on from a loved ground. So many posts on here about the good old days but it's gone. We have to fix the future without these idiots (gsb).
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

It can never be home until we own the dump. GSB will only buy it if it can make them money .

we are doomed for a few more years yet I fear !
Colours never run

painter pete wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:12 am Bang on. The boleyn is never coming back. We are not the first club or last to move on from a loved ground. So many posts on here about the good old days but it's gone. We have to fix the future without these idiots (gsb).
Which is? That's not meant facetiously either, how do we fix it.
61dicksey
Has liked: 568 likes
Total likes: 414 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

If we had moved from the Boleyn a purpose built stadium in the vicinity i doubt there would be an issue moving , but to this ****hole there is so much wrong.
Last edited by 61dicksey on Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.