Manuel Pellegrini: West Ham United’s 17th manager

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Re: Manuel Pellegrini sacked

Post by Ironing Board »

Upminster Hammer wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:27 pm Lazy reply. Where does the fault end then? Not Pellegrinis because Sullivan let him pick the DOF??

Haller formals, yarmelenko and Anderson are all very good footballers which unfortunately we are likely to whiteness next year and have seem glimpses under MP.

We were looking at top 6 when fabianski got I injured, not so sure what’s difficult to understand.
Obviously. The mistakes go all the way to the top! But that does not excuse Pellegrini and his astounding mismanagement. It’s hard to believe this is the same guy who pulled up trees in La Liga
mattyD
Has liked: 268 likes
Total likes: 316 likes

Post by mattyD »

I think Pellers checked out at the end of last season when he realised there was relatively no money to spend. That said he did make some terrible signings.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Astounding mismanagement? It's over egging it. For sure he is partly culpable for bringing in a dud, but you could see the logic behind it as we needed a back-up Keeper competent enough to mainly warm a bench seat. It's very unusual a XI team Keeper is out for so long and it just happened to be one of the best around in the League who is unmovable - unless he's injured of course. So yes, he takes some blame but he was also dealt an untimely unlucky hand when Fabianski blew up and for so long just as our settled XI was starting to find it's feet. Husillos takes most of the blame for bringing him in the first place, he must have scouted his games with his face planted in a bucket to realise he's ****ing hopeless.
spod
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 278 likes

Post by spod »

bubbles1966 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:39 pm Moyes is sooooo bad he managed to lose to West Ham three times. :lol:
It’s a bit contrived, but if you sort the list by points per game and restrict it to teams he’s managed against 17 or more times, the top two are Sunderland and West Ham.
spod
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 278 likes

Post by spod »

Lil Joe 17 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:38 pm I googled "David Moyes managerial record against top 4" and this was the first option.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/david-moy ... rainer/450
Nice bit of debunking.
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 97 likes

Post by danm79 »

mattyD wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:43 pm I think Pellers checked out at the end of last season when he realised there was relatively no money to spend. That said he did make some terrible signings.
100%, its why he encouraged most of his team go bar the ones he knew would get a decent pay off.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Don’t really think there’s any point in revisionism or rationale where this bloke is concerned...

Yes he got shafted by the owners, but so did the likes of Zola, and even someone like the woefully out of his depth little Italian still did the job until his contract ended.

Pellegrini outright (in my opinion) did what he needed to do to get the sack, and therefore a pay off.

He actually seemed brazen about it towards the end.

I’m still of the opinion he’d have got similar/more points than Moyes has if he’d been kept on, but I wouldn’t be buying the bloke a pint as ex WHU manager.

Slav’s sacking was a genuine shame, Pel appeared to orchestrated his own.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

e17 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:28 am Don’t really think there’s any point in revisionism or rationale where this bloke is concerned...

Yes he got shafted by the owners, but so did the likes of Zola, and even someone like the woefully out of his depth little Italian still did the job until his contract ended.

Pellegrini outright (in my opinion) did what he needed to do to get the sack, and therefore a pay off.

He actually seemed brazen about it towards the end.

I’m still of the opinion he’d have got similar/more points than Moyes has if he’d been kept on, but I wouldn’t be buying the bloke a pint as ex WHU manager.

Slav’s sacking was a genuine shame, Pel appeared to orchestrated his own.
Yeah - it was El Pell’s shamelessness that really took the biscuit!
BondsoBob
Has liked: 573 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Ironing Board wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:24 am Yeah - zit was El Pell’s shamelessness that really took the biscuit!
As opposed to Moyes' just being useless.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

if moyes was setting us up to get the sack it'd probably end up like the producers and we'd go on a massive run playing great football.
poplargeezer
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by poplargeezer »

Beavis Danzig wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:48 pm if moyes was setting us up to get the sack it'd probably end up like the producers and we'd go on a massive run playing great football.
Think that truly is 'the West Ham way'.