Coronavirus

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Re: Coronavirus

Post by warp »

WCpete wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:25 pm On another note, the take away for me in regards of the run on toilet paper: make note to install a bidet once we have recovered financially.
most houses in portugal have one, and you still can't find a bog roll on the shelves :lol:

(not entirely true, the only supermarkets with empty shelves are the big ones around the city, with big car parks, the ones in the city still have pretty much everything)
DasNutNock2
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by DasNutNock2 »

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:39 pm You will be conveniently placed when they shut the schools now. :lol:
Just had another email saying that it doesn’t apply to IT, presumably because it’s okay if we get ill. I wasn’t fussed about working from home, but now they’re taking that line, F*CK them.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

i have never understood why bog roll is so in demand at times like this. Surely it isn't that difficult to clean/ wash your arse without it?
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

i have never understood why bog roll is so in demand at times like this. Surely it isn't that difficult to clean/ wash your arse without it?
woodford
Has liked: 412 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by woodford »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:48 pm i have never understood why bog roll is so in demand at times like this. Surely it isn't that difficult to clean/ wash your arse without it?
and nowhere have i read that perma-crap is one of the virus side effects
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

RichieRiv wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:35 pm Any more than when every bank had to be bailed out why various governments? .
Yes, I think it will.Maybe not in the headlin £ note number but in the overall severity for the businesss affected.

The Bank bail out had to happen , thats why Governments did it. Tinas sandwich bar, isn't of any real importence, other than to Tina.

Does the Government care if BA go bust ? Probably not , and certainly not for the thousands upon thousands of small businesses that have weak balance sheets right across Europe and for whom a few weeks of serious business interruption will be significant.
DasNutNock2
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by DasNutNock2 »

DasNutNock2 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:37 pm Just had another email saying that it doesn’t apply to IT, presumably because it’s okay if we get ill. I wasn’t fussed about working from home, but now they’re taking that line, F*CK them.
And another one telling me to work from home. F*cking imbeciles.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

TheHandOfDog wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:50 pm Can someone explain this? South Korea cases: 8,000~ deaths 60 Italy cases 15,000~ deaths 1000

Italy has quite an elderly population, next to Japan, the oldest in the world. Secondly, the condition had been mutating in Northern Italy for about a month before the Italian authorities took action~ by then, it was too late and Coronavirus had taken hold. It has killed mostly 70/80 plus year olds in Italy, most of whom had other underlying health issues
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1785 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

London Marathon postponed until October 4th, the same weekend our youngest lad is getting married. Mrs. Boots is not pleased.
Adrianisournumber1

Post by Adrianisournumber1 »

woodford wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:52 pm and nowhere have i read that perma-crap is one of the virus side effects
Sneeze/cough, catch it bin it. It’s basic hygiene
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 485 likes
Total likes: 1953 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

DasNutNock2 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:02 pm And another one telling me to work from home.
"Dan, we want you to work from home. For someone else".
Last edited by Monkeybubbles on Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adrianisournumber1

Post by Adrianisournumber1 »

I’m really pissed off about baby wipes though I mean like what the f*** :( literally Sainsbury’s have none
Boooogers!

Post by Boooogers! »

Adrianisournumber1 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:25 pm I’m really pissed off about baby wipes though I mean like what the **** :( literally Sainsbury’s have none
I bought a bunch of them about a month ago from Costco now my son is potty training we don't really need them. I feel like a ****ing hero now that I have about a years supply of baby wipes and they come in handy when you run out of bog roll. The danger is one could get accustomed to the "luxury poop" and never go back to regular TP after this CV thing blows over...
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

warp wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:49 pm

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavi ... d3d9cd99ca

seriously, read it guys.
I'll read it when this dies down (if I survive) to see if this "expert" knew what he was talking about. I'm guessing some of it will be inaccurate.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:34 pm I'll read it when this dies down (if I survive) to see if this "expert" knew what he was talking about. I'm guessing some of it will be inaccurate.
of course. doesn't mean it isn't interesting, and it addresses some of the questions being asked on here.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

The vast majority of my office have been coughing and feeling ill. Only one was on self imposed isolation. Another three or four were convinced it was just cough / cold. Another guy came in today saying he felt ill and went home at lunch time. Just goes to show the majority of people (maybe just that I work with) are not following basic instructions.
Must admit I’m feeling a little bit coldy now - could be that I went to the gym last night and am am but tired or that I’ve caught something from the selfish c**** that I work with.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Georgee Paris wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:46 pm The vast majority of my office have been coughing and feeling ill. Only one was on self imposed isolation. Another three or four were convinced it was just cough / cold. Another guy came in today saying he felt ill and went home at lunch time. Just goes to show the majority of people (maybe just that I work with) are not following basic instructions.
Must admit I’m feeling a little bit coldy now - could be that I went to the gym last night and am am but tired or that I’ve caught something from the selfish ***** that I work with.

You got a dry cough and a temperature? Those are the symptoms of Coronavirus
'Appy 'Ammer
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 53 likes

Post by 'Appy 'Ammer »

Don't throw baby wipes down the bog as they clog the sewers.

I got told to take my laptop home today. Otherwise I'd get a desk top for leaving at work every night.

Two people have gone home early today with a sore throat.

Just a normal day.

But my body is buzzing like a pre cursor you get before your body gets ill.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Puff Daddy wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:54 pm You got a dry cough and a temperature? Those are the symptoms of Coronavirus
No, feeling cold if anything. I was also told if you can inhale and hold your breath for 10 seconds without coughing you are okay.
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 290 likes
Total likes: 1020 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

'Appy 'Ammer wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:57 pm But my body is buzzing like a pre cursor you get before your body gets ill.
My considered medical advice is answer your phone.