Coronavirus

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2476 likes
Total likes: 2706 likes

Re: Coronavirus

Post by sendô »

bubbles1966 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:42 pm Italy and Spain have locked down - death levels are relatively high - China are being cited as an example of getting it right....but infections have been creeping up this week as it moves to Beijing, Shanghai etc.....
I for one don't believe the Chinese. There's ~60m people in Hubei - so the whole UK then - but they've had half the deaths of Italy with more cases?
Boooogers!

Post by Boooogers! »

As long as you're not out dogging, Burnley, I don't think you're putting anyone at risk mate
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2476 likes
Total likes: 2706 likes

Post by sendô »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:54 pm All I'm saying is that a brief drive a few miles up the road to a bit of local countryside surrounding my village is a lot different to driving halfway across the country to a popular tourist hotspot for a day out.
Boris has tried to rely on people to do the right thing because, frankly, he hasn't got the forces to hand to make people.

However too many people are idiots with it. It doesn't matter if you do 30 minutes exercise or 4 hours - if you are out in a field alone then you're doing no harm. If it's in a packed park then all you are doing is spreading germs.

It's times like this I'm thankful I have a sizeable garden, because my kids have been at home for a week now, and without the garden they'd be going mad by now.
r99c
Has liked: 703 likes
Total likes: 396 likes

Post by r99c »

Boooogers! wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:49 pm
Samba's got a boner for Priti Patel (I wouldn't kick her out of bed either tbh)
I'd have more of a boner for her if she hadn't seemingly disappeared during this crisis... she's the home secretary!!?!

Literally she was in the news about bullying or whatever it was just before it kicked off. Then we get the biggest crisis facing the nation since WW2 and the HOME SEC virtually disappears? What's going on there?
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 367 likes
Total likes: 811 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

Boooogers! wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:58 pm As long as you're not out dogging, Burnley, I don't think you're putting anyone at risk mate
What about dogging in a hazmat suit, that ok? :arry:
Jonah
Has liked: 639 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by Jonah »

Bend it like Repka wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:09 pm What about dogging in a hazmat suit, that ok?

westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2011 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Am I right in thinking flights are still arriving from around the world into the UK?

If so, why??
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2481 likes
Total likes: 4380 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

The ITN news bloke (age 58) who has been in Italy sounds awful on the news - stinking cold/bit flu-ey as well

Rescheduling the Olympics will presumably affect a lot of steroid schedules
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Just been sent a video supposedly of China. It's quite frightening

Believe their numbers and you would believe GSB are the best thing to happen to West Ham since its creation.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1492 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:21 pm Am I right in thinking flights are still arriving from around the world into the UK?

If so, why??
I have been banging that drum for 5 weeks now, nearly all cases had to come on a plane from somewhere yet nothing was done.

The Chinese are in every airport in the world, anytime I have been away anywhere they are there.

A lot of countries are now not allowing planes in and others that do are screening passengers or making them stay in the airport in a special quarantine section for 14 days.

The countries with the least amount of flights seem to have the least amount of cases. ( I could be totally wrong )

Syria has 1 case, obviously no one is flying in to there.

If the UK is like Ireland they are just left waltz through and get handed a leaflet about washing their hands :oops:
Last edited by ageing hammer on Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
r99c

Post by r99c »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:21 pm Am I right in thinking flights are still arriving from around the world into the UK?

If so, why??
Yes - f*** knows

Look at www.flightradar24.com , ridiculous

Lots of people will say repatriation flights and/or cargo. But lots of them will still be standard passenger planes with fools who think they are above the virus. And I bet in a week it'll still be just as busy, scandalous
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 406 likes

Post by dodger »

RichieRiv wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:30 pm Just been sent a video supposedly of China. It's quite frightening

Believe their numbers and you would believe GSB are the best thing to happen to West Ham since its creation.
Link?

China is a tricky one. Their experts are now in Italy ‘teaching’ them how to respond to the virus.

The number of cases and deaths in China is probably larger than they’ve reported. How much larger is anyone’s guess.
r99c

Post by r99c »

Good to see - - police car with megaphone making a loud racket on a street before delivering the message :thup:
ageing hammer

Post by ageing hammer »

I am terrible with stats ( Dodger will know this :lol: )

Can anyone explain to me ( see below from Irish tests stats ) why 93% of tests come back negative.

Does this mean there are people just getting tested for the sake of it and wasting valuable test kits and time of staff etc..

Surely you must have the symptoms before they will test you and if you do have the symptoms there's no way 93% won't have this virus.

I am sure someone will know the answer and put me right. :)

As of midnight last night, 17,992 tests have been carried out in laboratories across the country.

93% of tests conducted have returned negative.
Boooogers!

Post by Boooogers! »

r99c wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:02 pm I'd have more of a boner for her if she hadn't seemingly disappeared during this crisis... she's the home secretary!!?!

Literally she was in the news about bullying or whatever it was just before it kicked off. Then we get the biggest crisis facing the nation since WW2 and the HOME SEC virtually disappears? What's going on there?
Shocking isn't it?

Its no better here in Canada. All the MPs are "WFH", the Prime Minister is in self isolation and comes out once a day for 15 mins to talk some ****. The country is literally running on auto pilot... they recalled parliament to pass the emergency bill for aid and only 30 MPs were in the Commons.
Boooogers!

Post by Boooogers! »

r99c wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:47 pm Good to see - - police car with megaphone making a loud racket on a street before delivering the message :thup:
I'm sorry mate but that's really not good to see. Anyone who values personal freedom and liberty would be quite disturbed and concerned by this. I get the need to stay in doors - i'm just hoping we can return to normal as soon as this blows over and that governments don't take liberties (literally)
ageing hammer

Post by ageing hammer »

This bloke was in China on lockdown for a month gives an insight as to how it was,

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0324/11261 ... -in-china/
r99c

Post by r99c »

Booogers we'll agree to disagree

People still aren't getting the message. It's a national crisis, the police wouldn't normally be doing that, no different to air raid sirens IMO, your comment about the police taking liberties surely more apt if they were still doing this with the virus in serious decline
WCpete
Has liked: 1464 likes
Total likes: 3152 likes

Post by WCpete »

Nanny state has gone too far this time.

"NYC declares war on ‘rim jobs’ in graphic health department memo"

https://nypost.com/2020/03/24/nyc-decla ... ment-memo/
r99c

Post by r99c »

WCpete wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:07 pm Nanny state has gone too far this time.

"NYC declares war on ‘rim jobs’ in graphic health department memo"

https://nypost.com/2020/03/24/nyc-decla ... ment-memo/
Too good!!! :lol: :D :lol: