Coronavirus

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Boooogers!

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Boooogers! »

RichieRiv wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:38 pm And now we are getting to the crux. Soon the number of cases and deaths will become secondary. It hiK will be about paying mortgages, rents, bills and putting food on the table. Not just the material aspects but mental health too. My b-in-l's caseload is up 120%, all exclusively those suffering from anxiety and primarily financial hardship.

At some point; 500,000 deaths from this will be the lesser of two evils.
I'm recovering from addiction to a pretty hard street drug. Not proud of it and from the outside looking in people see me as a succesful, young professional with everything going for me. None of my family or colleagues know.

The only thing keeping me off the **** was seeing my son at weekends (he lives with his mum a couple of hours away) and my work.

Both have been taken away from me in the last few weeks.

I relapsed last week. Lost three days of my life. Gone. And worried i might be falling down that hole again.

I ain't looking for sympathy at all. Its my choice to take drugs and i hate myself for it. I just want you lockdown Nazis on here that are all about keeping people self isolated indefinitly to protect yourselves and others to appreciate that there's other things going on in people's lives with just as serious consequences. Addiction and mental health are massive problems over here and i assume its the same where you are too
e17
Has liked: 290 likes
Total likes: 968 likes

Post by e17 »

RichieRiv wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:38 pm And now we are getting to the crux. Soon the number of cases and deaths will become secondary.
And a sharp rise in heart attacks, strokes, suicides and other stress related illness, if some transparency & planning isn’t shared soon.

Was told this morning that Newham’s A&E has had about half as much regular traffic going through it this week, as so much focus is on Covid. Even a couple of what they call “regular hypochondriacs” haven’t been seen in a fortnight.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Double-edged sword mate. Those that abuse the NHS versus those who should really seek medical advice but are acting selflessly.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

e17 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:10 pm And a sharp rise in heart attacks, strokes, suicides and other stress related illness, if some transparency & planning isn’t shared soon.
i wonder how many people have killed their partner already!
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

e17 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:28 pm This thing has done something losing family to strokes and lung cancer, a wedding and constant nagging hasn’t.

It’s made me pack up the snouts.
It's never too late, mate. Good on yer :thup:
delbert
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 701 likes

Post by delbert »

Going commando could help spread covid 19.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest ... n=sharebar

More credible journalism than anything The Guardian has punted out recently.... :D ......
Samba

Post by Samba »

sendô wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:31 pm Getting some work done today that I didn't do Thursday afternoon as it was warm and sunny and I sat outside and drank cider. Also, I'm "on holiday" this week - should have been taking the kids to Butlins today but hey ho.

I really shouldn't bother though. Our board sent out an email at 7pm Thursday night telling us there there will be pay cuts imposed across the board.
I love the timing of these c*nts. 7pm on a Maunday Thursday. Happy Easter :thdn:
I'm sure it could have waited 'til the coming week.
Samba

Post by Samba »

Boooogers! wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:09 pm I'm recovering from addiction to a pretty hard street drug. Not proud of it and from the outside looking in people see me as a succesful, young professional with everything going for me. None of my family or colleagues know.

The only thing keeping me off the **** was seeing my son at weekends (he lives with his mum a couple of hours away) and my work.

Both have been taken away from me in the last few weeks.

I relapsed last week. Lost three days of my life. Gone. And worried i might be falling down that hole again.

I ain't looking for sympathy at all. Its my choice to take drugs and i hate myself for it. I just want you lockdown Nazis on here that are all about keeping people self isolated indefinitly to protect yourselves and others to appreciate that there's other things going on in people's lives with just as serious consequences. Addiction and mental health are massive problems over here and i assume its the same where you are too
Well, you're f*cking getting sympathy. It might have been your choice before you got addicted.
No doubt about it, the measures taken to fight this virus are in some cases, as bad as the virus itself.
A relapse is only a blip, it doesn't have to be the future. Best of luck with your struggle, mate.
Samba

Post by Samba »

e17 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:10 pm Even a couple of what they call “regular hypochondriacs” haven’t been seen in a fortnight.
They told them they were ill..
Samba

Post by Samba »

warp wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:28 pm i wonder how many people have killed their partner already!
Look what Christmas does to the divorce rate, every single year.
God only knows what this period of time will do for people.
Samba

Post by Samba »

delbert wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:34 pm Going commando could help spread covid 19.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest ... n=sharebar

More credible journalism than anything The Guardian has punted out recently.... :D ......
Priti goes commando so I understand, del..
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Samba wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:53 pm Look what Christmas does to the divorce rate, every single year.
God only knows what this period of time will do for people.
Hey. that's my line !!. Great time to begin studying to become a divorce lawyer. You'll make a mint when all this is over
Samba

Post by Samba »

Talking of Priti, is she leading the briefing today...
Coops
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 590 likes

Ribman

Post by Coops »

wildkard wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:09 pm Incidentally, Johnson looked extremely well on TV yesterday. Very quick recovery from being at deaths door, kudos to the NHS.
Kudos to private healthcare and access to drugs that the rest of us wont be given.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1855 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Samba wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:02 pm Talking of Priti, is she leading the briefing today...
No, she's been debriefed.

You set 'em up, I'll knock 'em in.
Samba

Post by Samba »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:20 pm No, she's been debriefed.

You set 'em up, I'll knock 'em in.
:D
Hence her going commando..
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 313 likes
Total likes: 1087 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

Do the journalists even listen to the answers? I could answer half the questions the CMO gets as I've heard him explain it over and over. Who's turn tomorrow to ask about different death rates and why?
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2490 likes
Total likes: 4396 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

"I'm sorry we didn't hear the start of that question from Channel 4, but we're sure it was so inane that it wasn't worth hearing anyway" :D
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2490 likes
Total likes: 4396 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

e17 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:10 pmWas told this morning that Newham’s A&E has had about half as much regular traffic going through it this week, as so much focus is on Covid. Even a couple of what they call “regular hypochondriacs” haven’t been seen in a fortnight.
Not peculiar to Newham.
Samba

Post by Samba »

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:25 pm Do the journalists even listen to the answers? I could answer half the questions the CMO gets as I've heard him explain it over and over. Who's turn tomorrow to ask about different death rates and why?
Sammy, you could answer ALL the questions the CMO gets.
I'm really not sure they're asking ANYTHING that hasn't been asked before..