Marko Arnautovic

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Stevey
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Re: Marko Arnautovic

Post by Stevey »

the pink palermo wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:04 pm Ince and to a lesser extent, Defoe - neither will ever be forgiven.Both behaved poorly on the way out the door.

Payet, Arnie - footnotes in our clubs history really, pint of bothered, but Arnie has made his bed, tough luck.

Cottee, Rio, Joey, Carrick - good luck to them, would always be welcome in my local.

Lampard Jnr ? We gt a decent enough fee but I could have done without his constant coating us off every 5 minutes after he went.

Without a doubt though, Ince was the worst behaved.Unforgiven.
Sums it up for me. Payet and Arnie were great whilst they lasted but they didn’t owe us anything.

Those we brought through and gave their big chance, I think generally we accept that we are a stepping stone. If you do it with dignity then you will always be welcome back and your contributions will be remembered that much more fondly.
Depressed Hammer

Post by Depressed Hammer »

alf git wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:23 am He's fulfilled his childhood dream of playing in the Chinese premier league and now he wants to come back.
Don't see the problem.
lol. Fulfilled his childhood dream!! Thats a classic my friend. He has childhood dreams at 29 i guess still.
Two face smuck and i woudln,t raise an eyebrow if i saw him anywhere in London one day. No Premier league side will touch him and i doubt any decent one in Spain either.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

It would be typical west ham to sell rice for 40-50m and bring back "fans favourite" arnie !

no thankyou we should leave well alone. same goes with payet. Too old now history. move on.

diagana Eze peira are the future for us.

we must hold onto captain rice !
mrbluesky

Post by mrbluesky »

Stevey wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:08 am Sums it up for me. Payet and Arnie were great whilst they lasted but they didn’t owe us anything.

Those we brought through and gave their big chance, I think generally we accept that we are a stepping stone. If you do it with dignity then you will always be welcome back and your contributions will be remembered that much more fondly.
Spot on.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:39 pm

On the other, he would certainly improve our forward line no end. If he is available for cheap or free, then it makes sense to bring him in, especially as he would be playing under a manager he likes.
If he helps us win football matches, then get him back. But on the same wage he was on when he left.

I'm not really too bothered by players' attitudes anymore. Its what goes on the pitch on a match day that counts.
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

the pink palermo wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:04 pm Lampard Jnr ? We gt a decent enough fee but I could have done without his constant coating us off every 5 minutes after he went.
I had no problem with Lampard when he was with us - and I don’t believe most did either. I believe he got England recognition with us, scored a fair few goals etc. I may have imagined it but wasn’t there also a ‘super Frankie Lampard’ song? Terrible that we all hated him so much to have a song.

Feel like the ‘West Ham fans were horrible to me’ has been used as a vehicle to promote his brand image since. If he’d have come back to West Ham without all the press noise and applauded the fans as he warmed up I personally think he’d have got a decent reception.

Regarding Arnie - if we have enough money to bring him back/pay him then we have enough money to spend elsewhere and I’d rather do the latter. Our scouting must be even worse than feared if the he’s the best option they can come up with.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

hammer1975 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:35 am

Regarding Arnie - if we have enough money to bring him back/pay him then we have enough money to spend elsewhere and I’d rather do the latter. Our scouting must be even worse than feared if the he’s the best option they can come up with.
They havent come up with it. It is all based on a comment made by Arnoutovic on Masuakus instagram
Graza

Post by Graza »

Stevey wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:08 am Those we brought through and gave their big chance, I think generally we accept that we are a stepping stone. If you do it with dignity then you will always be welcome back and your contributions will be remembered that much more fondly.
Joe Cole, Carrick, Glenn Johnson, Tonks, Stanislas... The list goes on. Leave with a bit of class, act with a bit of class and it's all good.

On a side note I was at Wembley for the first ever NFL game and they had "Honorary Captains" announced before the game. First Martin Johnson (well known lover of yank ball as well as egg chasing) gets a massive cheer, seemed to stun the bloke doing the intros. Second John Terry - howling dogs abuse from basically the whole crowd, the bloke doing the intros didn't know what to do or say, here was the captain of our national sport, at the home of our national sport being booed out of the building. Great moment. Johnson was pissing himself laughing too as I recall.
Smonnie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Smonnie »

Graza wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:42 pm Joe Cole, Carrick, Glenn Johnson, Tonks, Stanislas... The list goes on. Leave with a bit of class, act with a bit of class and it's all good.

On a side note I was at Wembley for the first ever NFL game and they had "Honorary Captains" announced before the game. First Martin Johnson (well known lover of yank ball as well as egg chasing) gets a massive cheer, seemed to stun the bloke doing the intros. Second John Terry - howling dogs abuse from basically the whole crowd, the bloke doing the intros didn't know what to do or say, here was the captain of our national sport, at the home of our national sport being booed out of the building. Great moment. Johnson was pissing himself laughing too as I recall.
Can you find a clip?
Graza

Post by Graza »

Smonnie wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:30 pm Can you find a clip?
I tried. ESPN reported it as Johnson getting the abuse which was wrong. The mirror mentioned that Terry got some, but no actual footage :-(

Closest I could find was a cheer for Lewis Hamilton who was with the other two for some reason. But that was after.
mattyD
Has liked: 268 likes
Total likes: 316 likes

Post by mattyD »

Depressed Hammer wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:48 am lol. Fulfilled his childhood dream!! Thats a classic my friend. He has childhood dreams at 29 i guess still.
Two face smuck and i woudln,t raise an eyebrow if i saw him anywhere in London one day. No Premier league side will touch him and i doubt any decent one in Spain either.
think that was probably written with a touch of sarcasm mate.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

the pink palermo wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:04 pm
Ince and to a lesser extent, Defoe - neither will ever be forgiven.Both behaved poorly on the way out the door.

Lampard Jnr ? We gt a decent enough fee but I could have done without his constant coating us off every 5 minutes after he went.
Do you not feel that both Ince and Defoe were poorly advised more than anything?

Ince should never have been at Man Utd for a photo shoot, regardless of how great the deal was for him personally. Defoe being told to hand in a transfer request that quickly can't have been his own doing either. Neither of them really spoke out against us... not as I recall anyway.

Frank on the other hand, seemed to take every opportunity to have a pop at the club and the fans from the day he left, up until the day his mother passed away. The respect shown by some of ours when she passed seemed to have made him realise that we are not all utter bellends. Looking back it was all panto villain type stuff with him, but he certainly fuelled it more than any of the others mentioned. Always smacked of being totally ungrateful to me. Without West Ham, he would never have ended up where he did.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 676 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

sutts07 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:49 am Do you not feel that both Ince and Defoe were poorly advised more than anything?

Ince should never have been at Man Utd for a photo shoot, regardless of how great the deal was for him personally. Defoe being told to hand in a transfer request that quickly can't have been his own doing either. Neither of them really spoke out against us... not as I recall anyway.
I don't remember Defoe doing it but there were always articles from Ince in the run up to our games against the Manics for a good three or four years after he left in The Sun/ NoTW (iirc). Incendiary poke-the-lion wind-up stuff. I've mellowed towards him in recent years but he was an absolute **** at the time and for a long time afterwards towards us.
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

The self proclaimed “Guv’nor” was regularly having a dig. Defoe didn’t. Different times I guess.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

No issues with Ince & Defoe anymore, young lads badly advised and they have both been decent about us for many years, particularly Ince when I have seen interviewed. Defoe already had a pass from me even before what he done for that young Sunderland supporter, top class that was.

Fat Frank - he can still proper f*** the two bob hairy smelly disease ridden lady garden....will give him that he is doing a much better job at the Bridge than I expected, fair play to him for that.