Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

YorksHammer
Has liked: 381 likes
Total likes: 1408 likes

Re: Gold & Sullivan

Post by YorksHammer »

Whoops, wrong thread.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2676 likes
Total likes: 1779 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Always liked that Simon Jordan fella [ well , as from today I do ] - the antidote to Jim White - well done , Simon . :thup:
el pato
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by el pato »

Do they really care if the fans hate them? The fans that join the season ticket waiting list? How many fans do they come across in their sphere, it will be monetary reasons that will decide theirmove.
jacko
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by jacko »

The Old Man of Storr wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:24 pm Always liked that Simon Jordan fella [ well , as from today I do ] - the antidote to Jim White - well done , Simon . :thup:
what did he say?
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

el pato wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:26 pm Do they really care if the fans hate them? The fans that join the season ticket waiting list? How many fans do they come across in their sphere, it will be monetary reasons that will decide theirmove.
I don't think Sullivan does, he only ever is concerned about himself, but Gold is a flaky individual and is concerned about what people think of him and can't take pressure. I think this might seriously, see him off, I really do
ToiletDuck
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by ToiletDuck »

Didn't catch all of it on talksport today, but i sensed some animosity between White, Jordan and Murphy.
Maybe it was me being hopeful 🤔
jacko

Post by jacko »

el pato wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:26 pm Do they really care if the fans hate them? The fans that join the season ticket waiting list? How many fans do they come across in their sphere, it will be monetary reasons that will decide theirmove.
I actually reckon it really bothers them. I think they got into football because they wanted to try to make some money but they also like the status that comes with owning a football club. They aren't silently running the club but they like the attention that being a football chairman brings. Doesn't gold drive around in a pink Roller. Sullivan wears a massive hat becuase he wants to stand out.It's why Jack went on tv.

They like the celebrity it brings them and when the fans hate them and it goes wrong they look like mugs. It's not the image they want to project. They want to be liked which is why they have made some dodgy signings sometimes I think to appease the fans.

They look like clowns though and they want to look like competent businessmen. I think they hate the negative publicity which is why they cry to their very few media friends when they get bad press.
Last edited by jacko on Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 757 likes
Total likes: 3478 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

jacko wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:27 pm what did he say?
https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=134927
jacko

Post by jacko »

Thanks guvnor! Jordan sounds very reasonable. I also agree with him that no one wants to buy us.
3Dicks
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by 3Dicks »

Jordan had ‘murders’ with them, Is that a typo?
sussexhammer74
Has liked: 268 likes
Total likes: 242 likes

Post by sussexhammer74 »

Good to see those links Bristol. :thup:
sussexhammer74
Has liked: 268 likes
Total likes: 242 likes

Post by sussexhammer74 »

Good to see Jordan calling White out. I'd like to see whoever you spoke to come on the show and talk, rather than just whisper in your ear.

And what other owners of football clubs ring up Jim White out of the blue?
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1067 likes

Post by pezza20 »

jacko wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:36 pm I actually reckon it really bothers them. I think they got into football because they wanted to try to make some money but they also like the status that comes with owning a football club. They aren't silently running the club but they like the attention that being a football chairman brings. Doesn't gold drive around in a pink Roller. Sullivan wears a massive hat becuase he wants to stand out.It's why Jack went on tv.

They like the celebrity it brings them and when the fans hate them and it goes wrong they look like mugs. It's not the image they want to project. They want to be liked which is why they have made some dodgy signings sometimes I think to appease the fans.

They look like clowns though and they want to look like competent businessmen. I think they hate the negative publicity which is why they cry to their very few media friends when they get bad press.
Incredible really their latest bleat to White the sicophant isn't it. I mean if the kitchen is too hot - get our of the ****ing kitchen !!

Jordan was dead right, Gold or Sullivan should have come onto the show and faced the music rather than get their old mate to whine on their behalf.

In addition, the best run clubs don't have owners who flaunt themselves, that's because they are run by professionals not clowns ...
ponder

Post by ponder »

I think there have been times where it has been a minority of fans, but not right now. Any post by West Ham's social media team is met with 90% of the responses being GSB Out images or words to that effect. There was discontent in January, discontent when it became clear no money would be spent in the summer, and that was all compounded when they sold Diangana. That they think it's just a vocal minority, despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, just shows how out of touch and incompetent they actually are.

But I guess it all makes good material for Brady's gossip column.
jacko

Post by jacko »

pezza20 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:04 pm [
Jordan was dead right, Gold or Sullivan should have come onto the show and faced the music rather than get their old mate to whine on their behalf.
Totally agree with this. They are cowards though. Too afraid to even say which one was being spoken to. If they don't understand what the problem is with their experience and at their age, they are never ever going to get it.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

What makes me laugh about this current wave of negativity, is that they have brought it all on themselves, no big protests have put the spotlight on them, it's their own greed, their own ineptitude, their own naivety, it's wonderful to know that they have been rattled, to know that they are feeling so sorry for themselves, that they are genuinely looking for sympathy.

It's all their own doing, not the fans, not the players, or the manager, just them doing what they do best...running our football club badly.

Superb, absolutely superb.
Long Shot
Has liked: 158 likes
Total likes: 195 likes

Post by Long Shot »

Yep, don't waste any more time on these ungrateful bunch of so and so's - off you F@k
MrHammer73
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 84 likes

Post by MrHammer73 »

jacko wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:10 pm Totally agree with this. They are cowards though. Too afraid to even say which one was being spoken to. If they don't understand what the problem is with their experience and at their age, they are never ever going to get it.
Sullivan has been rattled since Burnley game protest. No big newspaper interviews since then with The Mirror etc saying how great he is and how he saved West Ham from administration. The only way he will do a interview now if its with Jim White only so he wont be asked any difficult questions.
wobble
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by wobble »

Just out of curiosity as my memory is getting bad, did West Ham a few years ago have a premium rate telephone number for the ticket office and the owner of the company who supplied the line was Sullivan.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 542 likes

Post by sutts07 »

To be fair, the vast majority of us are/were all sick of constantly hearing from him or seeing tweets from his son and DG. Let alone the Brady newspaper column.

It was widely requested that he just shut the f**k up and stay out of the limelight. Hence the various media and social puppets popping up all over the place to push his propaganda for him.