Takeover talk

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

SammyTheHammer
Total likes: 4 likes

Re: Takeover talk

Post by SammyTheHammer »

psychoscoredthelot wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:29 pm We lost our club the day those clowns took over. We just didn’t realise it until we moved to that ****hole
Just when I lose hope...you keep coming back I believe you.

Boy do I hope you’re right
HoustonHammer24
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Post by HoustonHammer24 »

Anyone else have the fear that we are finally going to make progress with a potential takeover, only for this “Project Big Picture” to pass and for our new top 6 overlords to veto any takeovers from non elite clubs, to ensure the natural order remains intact?

In all seriousness, let’s hope progress is made soon on any potential takeover.
Boooogers!

Post by Boooogers! »

sicknote wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:45 pm Violence loses the battle

Humiliation and being sussed out and ridiculed and hounded out for destroying an historic football club and alienating generations of fans to a point they would rather walk away than continually feel shafted and exploited , that will see these parasites leave, nothing else needs to happen just drum home the facts
If I came face to face with one of them I'd whip out the girlfriends dildo and ask them to sign it.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

No concrete news on a takeover yet ? we can but hope the shysters will be leaving soon.

GSB OUT NOW
Corney Beal

Post by Corney Beal »

HoustonHammer24 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:29 am Anyone else have the fear that we are finally going to make progress with a potential takeover, only for this “Project Big Picture” to pass and for our new top 6 overlords to veto any takeovers from non elite clubs, to ensure the natural order remains intact?

No, because 'Project Big Picture ' as it has been painted won't happen. The initial backlash against the proposals, including from the Premier League, has shown that it is very unlikely to proceed.

What it will do is open up further the big conversation about how the pyramid system can survive in view of the global pandemic. There are some good points in their plan, which hopefully governments, football authorities and bodies, clubs and supporter groups can all work together on.

I do share your concerns that it may affect any takeover group plans. From the ( grateful) snippets we are getting it sounds like the rumoured people have plans, as you'd expect, but assume there's a serious business plan unrelated to the wants of the US owners at Liverpool and Manchester United.
MKD

Post by MKD »

Boooogers! wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:50 am If I came face to face with one of them I'd whip out the girlfriends dildo and ask them to sign it.
Do you keep it to hand? I feel sorry for your girlfriend on those cold nights when you are not there, how does she enjoy a quiet night in, alone? It is pretty selfish of you to keep hold it in the hope of getting it autographed.
stammer
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Post by stammer »

MKD wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:16 am Do you keep it to hand? I feel sorry for your girlfriend on those cold nights when you are not there, how does she enjoy a quiet night in, alone? It is pretty selfish of you to keep hold it in the hope of getting it autographed.

You don't know where he whipped it out from, gold's signature could be Elvis Presley's with the amount of shaking at either ends of the pen.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

whizzer wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:03 pm Hate to say this but there is no bid.
I am certainly not ITK but I am close to somebody that brushes shoulders with the dildo brothers, I spoke with them last week and asked the question.
The response I got was"(laughter) followed by, there is no bid, but if you say it often enough people will start to believe there is"
Same person confirmed that Red Bull did actually make a bid and the dildo brothers baulked at the numbers.

Sadly I genuinely believe this person, a friend with absolutely no axe to grind :crest:
It seems to me that anyone who typically get's their info from inside the club is out in the cold on this one.
GSB are clearly keeping it all very close to their chest.

Just because they are finally keeping something behind closed doors, doesn't mean that it is not happening. Just means they have finally realised that keeping their mouth shut from time to time is smart for business.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

sutts07 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:44 am It seems to me that anyone who typically get's their info from inside the club is out in the cold on this one.

Just because they are finally keeping something behind closed doors, doesn't mean that it is not happening. Just means they have finally realised that keeping their mouth shut from time to time is smart for business.
I see this as their endgame. They're about to get everything they hoped for, and at a time when it appears that they desperately need it.

They don't need to be telling the usual gossips the news. It doesn't help them.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Mega Ron wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:51 am I see this as their endgame. They're about to get everything they hoped for, and at a time when it appears that they desperately need it.

They don't need to be telling the usual gossips the news. It doesn't help them.
Yep, if things are as bad as they sound, they will not want to risk anything or anyone derailing this.
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

I'm all for keeping things quiet, just as long as if the deal breaks down due to Sulli's greed and intranginance , it gets made public and they have to deal the restless natives!!
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 679 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

sutts07 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:44 am Just because they are finally keeping something behind closed doors, doesn't mean that it is not happening. Just means they have finally realised that keeping their mouth shut from time to time is smart for business.
As MegaRon rightly points out there is no need for them to put info out through their usual lackeys. They normally do that to try to pacify the natives and trying to convince us that they are not the c**** that they are. Here there is absolutely no good reason for them to put that info out if it jeopardises any potential deal which would be worth a fortune to them.

In addition it may well be a stipulation from the potential buyers that G+S keep their mouths shut about this. And as much as that doesn't come naturally for Sullivan the only thing he likes more than getting his angle across is the smell of money.

As for timescales - these things take time. It's not like buying a pint of milk in the Co-op. We all want it to happen today but there things don't work like that. A bit of patience is required. In Psycho we trust :) - he'll tell us what he can when he can.
SEAHammer

Post by SEAHammer »

HoustonHammer24 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:29 am Anyone else have the fear that we are finally going to make progress with a potential takeover, only for this “Project Big Picture” to pass and for our new top 6 overlords to veto any takeovers from non elite clubs, to ensure the natural order remains intact?

Project Big 6 is already struggling to get approved - but 'bribes' will be offered to the non big six and the EFL so never say never.

In terms of a takeover it's just more uncertainty - unless the people buying the club are secretly in cahoots with the big six boys - and nothing would indicate that West Ham are even close to that level, then the protracted uncertainty of the Big Six or similar game changing plans would make any investor pause. When spending 500m you need to know what you're letting yourself in for, right now that's once again up in the air.

Ask yourself this - would I invest 500m into a sport where my vote might soon no longer matter - well would you?
Jarvo
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Jarvo »

Rays Rock wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:19 am Tight bastards don’t tend to spend anymore than any other tight bastards just because they’re richer !
But maybe they won't take money out of the club, ala GSB...
ornchurch ammer
Has liked: 133 likes
Total likes: 47 likes

Post by ornchurch ammer »

sutts07 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:44 am It seems to me that anyone who typically get's their info from inside the club is out in the cold on this one.

Keeping their mouth shut this time because it is smart for their business.
MadMart
Location: "overhead a rainbow appears..... in Black and White"
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by MadMart »

ornchurch ammer wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:50 am Keeping their mouth shut this time because it is smart for their business.
That's my reading of the situ too #GSBOUT
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

ornchurch ammer wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:50 am Keeping their mouth shut this time because it is smart for their business.
I'm not experienced in this kind of size of acquisition/takeover/whatever you want to call it, but in my line of work there's a little bit of crossover into that kind of thing at a much lower (financial) level and NDAs get signed so early on in those processes, normally with significant break clauses (including cancelling the moves) were the NDA to be found to be broken, that I can well believe they're keeping their mouths shut because otherwise they incur a significant financial hit or, at worst, lose the deal completely.
SG12FFS
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by SG12FFS »

This mob aint selling any time soon. No businessman in there right mind would sell there cash cow to try and prop up there (supposed)failing other businesses. They will continue to bleed West Ham dry whilst "restructuring" the other businesses.

Not saying there is not a bid, just saying i don't think it will happen.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

whizzer wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:03 pmSame person confirmed that Red Bull did actually make a bid and the dildo brothers baulked at the numbers.
Then I think we had a lucky escape there. As I mentioned, Red Bull really don't have club's interests at heart which is immediately apparent when they insist on changing the name of the club (which of course they will) to something unrecognisable and cringe worthy - How does Red Bull Hammers or Red Bull London sound? I think that would have went down like a dog **** sandwich with what remaining fans there are and that'd be the nail in the coffin for this club. If we think we've got problems now, we'd have loads more if Red Bull took over in my opinion.

Oh, I have a mate who worked for Red Bull as a CNC machine setter and he's just been made redundant so it would appear there are possibly cash-flow problems at the moment too in their UK set-up.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

SG12FFS wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:28 am This mob aint selling any time soon. No businessman in there right mind would sell there cash cow to try and prop up there (supposed)failing other businesses. They will continue to bleed West Ham dry whilst "restructuring" the other businesses.

Not saying there is not a bid, just saying i don't think it will happen.
Think theyd need more than the £19m theyve taken out in interest over the past 10 years to make an impression on their own businesses.