What are you playing right now?

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Oxonhammer

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by Oxonhammer »

Have been resurrecting my Amiga 500 so have been having a blast on Sensible World Of Soccer which is still one of the best football games ever!
bornhammer
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by bornhammer »

I've currently got a few games on the go. Royal Mail have failed to deliver Cyberpunk 2077 today, so I decided to cheer myself up and downloaded Disco Elysium from the Steam store. It's a thinking man's RPG/point and click adventure. It looks a little like Baldur's Gate. I like the humour and style so far.
bornhammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by bornhammer »

Royal Mail have delivered at 19:15. So here goes an hour or two downloading and installing the day one patch for Cyberpunk 2077.
ThreeSixes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by ThreeSixes »

Final Fantasy 7 remake. Absolutely fantastic
The_Dead_Ball
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by The_Dead_Ball »

Currently playing Walking Dead Saints and Sinners on PSVR.
SirStoneyOfBow
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by SirStoneyOfBow »

Cuphead.

A really good challenge this. It’s clear cut and straight to the point: a run and gun with levels allowing you to obtain coins to buy new power ups and weaponry then a plethora of boss fights that will have you on occasion tearing your hair out, but you’ll stop to dote on it’s beautifully executed 1930 “rubber hose” animation aesthetic.
Some cool airplane levels too.
DasNutNock2
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by DasNutNock2 »

SirStoneyOfBow wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:39 pm Cuphead.

A really good challenge this. It’s clear cut and straight to the point: a run and gun with levels allowing you to obtain coins to buy new power ups and weaponry then a plethora of boss fights that will have you on occasion tearing your hair out, but you’ll stop to dote on it’s beautifully executed 1930 “rubber hose” animation aesthetic.
Cup head is one of the most annoying games I’ve ever played. Astonishingly clever visuals, astonishingly difficult bosses.
DasNutNock2

Post by DasNutNock2 »

Since I got my series S and gamepass I have played between 15 minutes and 2 hours of at least 12 games, without making a serious dent in any of them.
dodgy dave
Has liked: 113 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by dodgy dave »

SirStoneyOfBow wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:39 pm Cuphead.

Proper old school game. No infinite lives and rock hard.
Love the graphics
SirStoneyOfBow

Post by SirStoneyOfBow »

DasNutNock2 wrote: Cup head is one of the most annoying games I’ve ever played. Astonishingly clever visuals, astonishingly difficult bosses.
dodgy dave wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:14 pm
Proper old school game. No infinite lives and rock hard.
Love the graphics
I’ve been waiting three bloody years to play this seeing as this was basically an Xbox exclusive until it got ported to the Switch last year and the PS4 this year.
Love it, love the challenge. Well I love the boss fights (the platforming levels are just insufferable at times but I need the coin for upgrades) and I’m already working through Inkwell Isle III currently.

As it stands, my least favorite boss encounter has been Beppi The Clown. Multiple attempts it took, probably close to 40, maybe more. I could not get his third and fourth phases down (plus bad timing roller coaster) and it’s a struggle when you only have a single health point remaining because you can barely learn from it. So I would reset any time I lost a hit point early on, and try to get to the later stages with all three hit points intact.
Maintaining and preserving your health points is seriously arduous task when you are pitted against truly difficult sections like Grim Matchstick’s nightmarish final phase, Rumor Honeybottom’s outrageously taxing second phase or all of Djimmi The Great’s five b*stard phases from start to finish.

I should have this done within a week. Though it’s taking me around 30-60 minutes to beat each boss it seems. Time isn’t on my side, my baby boy is due to be evicted from his mother via C-Section next Wednesday (he’s estimated to weigh close to 11lbs) so there’s no chance of enjoying myself for a bit after. Oh well. :thup:
DasNutNock2

Post by DasNutNock2 »

For the record, cup head will run on pretty low spec PCs and laptops. A cracked version may or may not be easy to find on torrents and download sites, but I wouldn’t know because I pay for all my software.
SirStoneyOfBow

Post by SirStoneyOfBow »

Just Phantom Express remains before Inkwell Hell.
Heading straight to the top of the pile for hardest boss is Dr. Karl’s Robot. It’s well balanced and the difficulty spike is peak in that final phase.
Beating him was pure satisfaction, and I beat Sally Stageplay and Werner Werman with relative ease in comparison.
In a strange twist, Cala Maria got easier the further you progressed. Her first phase is terribly hard, her second can be negated with a super art and a keen eye for when she uses her gaze attack to ensure you have time to recover. This strategy goes for the third phase too. I’m sad this will end in a few days.
Look every much forward to the pending DLC.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 755 likes
Total likes: 3486 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Played a bit of Star Wars Squadrons with UtJ Jnr on the PSVR over Christmas.

I recall playing the original Star Wars arcade cab (the sit-in one) and wondering whether that'd be the closest you'd every get to feeling like you were genuinely flying an X-Wing. Unsurprisingly, given the time span, it's not a patch on this.

DasNutNock2

Post by DasNutNock2 »

Quite keen to give that Star Wars squadron once it hits game pass. After a couple weeks with the series S, I’ve settled into Gears 5 and Doom Eternal, with the odd jab at Ori.
Whitters
Has liked: 89 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by Whitters »

Up the Junction wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:09 pm Played a bit of Star Wars Squadrons with UtJ Jnr on the PSVR over Christmas.

I recall playing the original Star Wars arcade cab (the sit-in one) and wondering whether that'd be the closest you'd every get to feeling like you were genuinely flying an X-Wing. Unsurprisingly, given the time span, it's not a patch on this.
Yes it’s quite an experience with PSVR, the first VR game I can play for a few hours at a time rather than just a bit of novelty fun with friends and family for an hour or so. I’ve yet to experience any dizziness with this one either

Playing online with a few mates at the same time is terrific fun as well, adding to the immersion factor as we use party chat, cover each other as we go into attack star destroyers, etc.

I’ve had a go without the VR headset and although the graphics are a bit sharper it loses the wow factor, but I’m sure is fine otherwise
RayleighIrons
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by RayleighIrons »

Started Cyberpunk, seems good so far.

One strange thing though, when you do the character creation you can choose which type of penis he has and size. Wtf is that about??? :eh:
'Appy 'Ammer
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 53 likes

Post by 'Appy 'Ammer »

Spiderman on the PS4. Not the new one. Good controls, good story, side missions. I do find the fighting a bit samey. It's a bit like the Batman Arkham games but easier to control. My stomach flipped a few times jumping off skyscrapers, it's that immersive.

I am also playing Home Sweet Home which is VR compatible. Pretty scarey and made the kids scream watching me play.
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1594 likes

Post by alf git »

After 12+ months playing Modern Warfare i ventured into Warzone this week. This is the first time that i have played a Battle Royale type mode. Teamwork really isn't my forte.
Got to say though it's not as terrible as i thought it would be and i have actually enjoyed it, mostly :D
Oxonhammer

Post by Oxonhammer »

Have been playing NHL Hitz Pro on my PS2 lately so decided to buy NHL 21 for the PS4 in the January sale, going to be putting in quite a bit of time on this...it's definitely moved on from the original that I had on the Mega drive.
wolf359
Has liked: 1587 likes
Total likes: 1735 likes

Post by wolf359 »

New Year, still World of Warcraft. I seem to the be only one with this addiction on here. Fast approaching 500 days played in a little of 4 years, ouch.