January 2021 Transfer Window

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

LeonRivers
Has liked: 1033 likes
Total likes: 392 likes

Re: January 2021 Transfer Window

Post by LeonRivers »

-DL- wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:19 pm Personally, I couldn't give a **** if he was worth a tenner come the end of the season. Not my problem. Not my money.
But next summer you’ll be happier with a transfer budget of £50m than you would with £30,000,010, right? :lol:
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Back of sullys diamond encrusted sofa at dildo towers
ClydeBuilt

Post by ClydeBuilt »

Sticky wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:13 pm Forget transactions - I'd like to see a net spend of all the monies paid to particular agents during GSBs tenure here -

I'd love to see a list of agents involved in those 49 strikers comings and goings over the years. West Ham's a revolving door for financial transactions.

One simple question - Where is all the money????
Need Woodward & Bernstein for that one. Follow the money.
My_Sobriquet
Has liked: 89 likes
Total likes: 92 likes

Post by My_Sobriquet »

First team squad - senior players

Goalkeepers
Fabianski
Randolph
Martin

Defenders
Cresswell
Masuaku
Balbuena
Diop
Dawson - loan
Ogbonna
Fredricks
Coufal

Midfielders
Lingard - loan
Fornals
Benrahma
Bowen
Noble
Soucek
Lanzini
Yarmalenko

Strikers
Antonio

Unreal...
Geoff Hurts
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by Geoff Hurts »

My_Sobriquet wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:12 pm I’m not conflating anything and they are all specifically referring to us winning the league not playing European football.

However despite your incessant need to firstly disagree with me when I was saying these things you now need to try and criticise me for being right?

As I said I’m not pointing it out because I get some kind of petty “win” from it. I’m pointing it out so next time we don’t fall for the same absolute bollox from these thieving ****ers.

I’m not the enemy here.
I think you have problems. I have posted 2 replies to you. I see you have accused quite a few of bullying. Please show me where I have done any such thing to anyone else. I doubt you will find any posts where I have 'argued' with another poster.

I know what GSB are. I have not spent a penny with this lot from the year prior to them selling the Boleyn Ground. i used to make 6 or 7 games a year at very considerable expense having to fly, book accommodation and pay for my son to accompany me. I just don't feel the need to call out the ***** owners in every post that I make. I am trying focus on the team and the manager. I want GSB out, but I am not wearing it as a badge of honour.
bobd_uk
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by bobd_uk »

My_Sobriquet wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:18 pm First team squad - senior players

Goalkeepers
Fabianski
Randolph
Martin

Defenders
Cresswell
Masuaku
Balbuena
Diop
Dawson - loan
Ogbonna
Fredricks
Coufal

Midfielders
Lingard - loan
Fornals
Benrahma
Bowen
Noble
Soucek
Lanzini
Yarmalenko

Strikers
Antonio

Unreal...
Have we sold Rice?!
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2020 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Goalkeepers
Fabianski
Randolph
Martin

Defenders
Cresswell
Masuaku
Balbuena
Diop
Dawson - loan
Ogbonna
Fredricks
Coufal

Midfielders
Lingard - loan
Fornals
Benrahma
Bowen
Noble
Soucek
Lanzini
Yarmalenko

Strikers
Antonio

Unreal...
Declan Rice liked this post.
My_Sobriquet

Post by My_Sobriquet »

Geoff Hurts wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:18 pm I think you have problems. I have posted 2 replies to you. I see you have accused quite a few of bullying. Please show me where I have done any such thing to anyone else. I doubt you will find any posts where I have 'argued' with another poster.

I know what GSB are. I have not spent a penny with this lot from the year prior to them selling the Boleyn Ground. i used to make 6 or 7 games a year at very considerable expense having to fly, book accommodation and pay for my son to accompany me. I just don't feel the need to call out the ***** owners in every post that I make. I am trying focus on the team and the manager. I want GSB out, but I am not wearing it as a badge of honour.
You think I have problems because I’m stating facts?

You called me out personally, saying I was getting a kick out of being right?

I didn’t comment on your post, you commented on mine and now you’re confused because I’ve replied? Very odd.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

LeonRivers wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:14 pm But next summer you’ll be happier with a transfer budget of £50m than you would with £30,000,010, right? :lol:
Genuine question: Do you believe there’s a decent chance this Summer’s budget will be anywhere near £50 million?
Has liked: 4586 likes
Total likes: 1547 likes

Post by Sticky »

ClydeBuilt wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:17 pm Need Woodward & Bernstein for that one. Follow the money.
I was thinking more Denzil Washington in The Equalizer - the penultimate scene is where Diddy is smashed up the pooper with a diamond encrusted dildo over his own desk and the image posted online - after Denzil has smashed a couple of crystal panthers and used the shards to disembowel two random scumbags we'll just call.. erm...'Willie' and ..'Salthouse' - after fly kicking a small fat kid out of a window... In typical West Ham's fashion it's all too late as Moyes check his bank account tomorrow morning as sees a balance of £60m..

Edit: In the film - Diddy Dave is played by Warwick Davis and Gold is played by made up Nicholas Lyndhurst.
Last edited by Sticky on Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chigwellhammer
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by chigwellhammer »

Why is there so many ****ers on this site, jump on posts for the sake of it
My_Sobriquet

Post by My_Sobriquet »

Declan Rice isn’t a senior squad player, neither is Johnson or Odubeko.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1869523
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1033 likes
Total likes: 392 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

smuts wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:24 pm Most people accepted the bullet biting on Haller on the assumption that we'd be replacing him with a better fit to push us on this season.

We're in 5th...does anyone seriously expect we will stay there with such a thin squad?

It's shameful to be honest.
Would you fancy us to stay fifth if we bought Haller back from Ajax right now? :eh:
Longaz
Has liked: 1388 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Longaz »

LeonRivers wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:11 pm Half decent won’t cut it. WE ARE ****ing MASSIVE

He’s lost his place at West Brom. We’ve got better players.

Quotes from WBAUnnoficial forum:

“ I believe he will come good. Albeit obvious his failure to have any impact this season has cost us. Talent there, but confidence low”
“ I’m not yet willing to write off Grant and Grady. Both have had disappointing seasons so far and sure the money spent on them could have both used wiser”

I'm suprised you're unaware that if he stayed with us he would have been much better and got a lorry load of assist's for Haller who would have been both smiling and scoring. Clearing ripped the heart out the club.
Geoff Hurts
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by Geoff Hurts »

My_Sobriquet wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:23 pm You think I have problems because I’m stating facts?

You called me out personally, saying I was getting a kick out of being right?

I didn’t comment on your post, you commented on mine and now you’re confused because I’ve replied? Very odd.
You used the word incessant about my posting toward you, that was twice. Now it is 4 times as I am replying to you again.

I will leave you to keep pointing out what many of us already agree with you about, that is the owners are ****, the transfer policy is **** and has all the finesse of a blunderuss filled with dynamite and soot. I feel you may be preaching to the converted. Hasn't it always been the same? Sell Rio and rebuild with quality signings .......
Believer
Has liked: 1428 likes
Total likes: 764 likes

Post by Believer »

Midfielders
Lingard - loan
Fornals
Benrahma
Bowen
Noble
Soucek
Lanzini
Yarmalenko

I knew that G&S were snide but I can’t believe they’ve sold Rice and nobody knows yet ! :lol:
My_Sobriquet

Post by My_Sobriquet »

Geoff Hurts wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:27 pm You used the word incessant about my posting toward you, that was twice. Now it is 4 times as I am replying to you again.

I will leave you to keep pointing out what many of us already agree with you about, that is the owners are ****, the transfer policy is **** and has all the finesse of a blunderuss filled with dynamite and soot. I feel you may be preaching to the converted. Hasn't it always been the same? Sell Rio and rebuild with quality signings .......
100% :crest:
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

CarltonColesLeftFoot wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:01 pm I did :) I hope I can enjoy the forum whilst disagreeing with one aspect of it?

I do currently live in New Zealand. I am born in Dagenham, raised in Barking and have visited many times since we've moved, as well as very closely connected to friends & family in Essex.

If the forum adds the feature, I can have a little asterisk next to my username which explains all this so I don't have to justify myself again and have my connection to the club put into doubt.

Kia Kaha brother. Not going to apologize for living in one of the greatest countries in the world.
Completely irrelevant to this thread, but where in NZ are you living? My missus is a Kiwi. I've been trying to get all family over in Christchurch to become Irons. My offering of Ginger Pele branded tees has thus far not proved successful.
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

hammerman11 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:04 pm No razzle dazzle

Can we go to bed now ?
Already? I only got up 2 hours ago!
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 542 likes
Total likes: 463 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

wormley wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:13 pm Liverpool needed a CB, they get two CB's.

We needed a striker, we get two attacking midfielders.

We needed a CM, we get two attacking midfielders.

We needed a LB, we get two attacking midfielders.
Pretty much