Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9652 likes

Re: Gold & Sullivan

Post by S-H »

Anti board rants :scarfer:
Diogenes
Has liked: 475 likes
Total likes: 1199 likes

Post by Diogenes »

S-H wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:32 pm Anti board rants :scarfer:
I don't have a problem with the rants as there are many who are very frustrated. Very often such a 'rant' is accompanied by objective criticism, which is also very fair. What I do have a problem with is when fellow supporters are abused or called out because they may have a different view. I must admit I cannot recall the last time I read on here any support or defence of GSB so its not as if there is a difference in principle, just how angry you are or perhaps more pragmatic.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4920 likes

Post by -DL- »

Diogenes wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:07 pm I must admit I cannot recall the last time I read on here any support or defence of GSB so its not as if there is a difference in principle, just how angry you are or perhaps more pragmatic.
You can't have been looking very hard, as there's been posts today...
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 166 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

Search "LeonRivers"
Diogenes
Has liked: 475 likes
Total likes: 1199 likes

Post by Diogenes »

-DL- wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:10 pm You can't have been looking very hard, as there's been posts today...
Were they really supportive though DL? One of the more difficult things on this site is sometimes to add a contrary opinion without risking a landslide of angry responses, sometimes without even reading the post properly. I haven't been back through all pages, therefore of course (you do) you may be right.
Has liked: 4551 likes
Total likes: 1539 likes

Post by Sticky »

ToiletDuck wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:26 pm 5 years into the move to the London Stadium and we still havnt sold the naming rights? utter incompetence!
if thats the case can we call it the Bobby Moore Stadium rather than the London Stadium ?

still no proper scouting network
low quality sponsorship deals

GSB have had their time and are now dinosaurs , time to go
Valid.

For all the money Trip Smith and Michael Dell lend football clubs - Tony Cottee should set up a consortium with Trevor Brooking and the pair of them - and oust these jokers once and for all.

I read that Trip Smith lent us £10m - I also read that he charges 0.00% interest.

Sir Trev as Director - Cottee in the board room - and funds for a 5 year plan for a new home, new training facilities and scouting network and investment in Moyes vision.
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1035 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

Vic_Watson wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:15 pm Search "LeonRivers"
:lol:

I'm not sure I can be labelled as pro GSB. I just bring the realism when they are blamed for stuff that's not their fault. I'm not even sure when I last posted in this thread, tbh.

We have no striker because that's Moyes' choice. The only way you can attribute any of that to the board is because they're not some oil magnate or oligarch with £60m to lay down on a single transfer.

There's plenty to be angry at the board for. Blaming them for every little thing just weakens your argument overall. Focus on the relevant issues. Keep personal opinion out of it.
Tenbury
Has liked: 728 likes
Total likes: 1226 likes

Post by Tenbury »

LeonRivers wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:00 pm :lol:

I just bring the realism when they are blamed for stuff that's not their fault.

We have no striker because that's Moyes' choice.
So he re appointed himself then...
Northbank Bar
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 146 likes

Post by Northbank Bar »

Leon.The problem is that cos of their track record no-one believes anything the board say. So when we hear Moyes say he has the money but will hold on to it-most of us dont believe him and believe he is covering for the board.
AA1969
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by AA1969 »

Northbank Bar wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:16 pm Leon.The problem is that cos of their track record no-one believes anything the board say. So when we hear Moyes say he has the money but will hold on to it-most of us dont believe him and believe he is covering for the board.
'Only the true Messiah would claim he isn't the Messiah'. The board can't win, can they?
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

AA1969 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:20 pm 'Only the true Messiah would claim he isn't the Messiah'. The board can't win, can they?
Thats the problem with the board. They should be wanting to club to win rather than themselves.
Has liked: 4551 likes
Total likes: 1539 likes

Post by Sticky »

AA1969 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:20 pm 'Only the true Messiah would claim he isn't the Messiah'. The board can't win, can they?
No. They genuinely.... and I mean this... they can't. The bridge was burnt when UP was sold under false pretences. That literally burnt any bridge back to goodwill for them in the eyes of a huge number of this generation of fan.

We could win the Champs League and personally I would still want them out.

A parting of the ways is best for all concerned.

All good things must come to and end............

..... and this was extremely sh*t for the most part.
Chimera
Has liked: 69 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Chimera »

Sticky wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:33 pm No. They genuinely.... and I mean this... they can't. The bridge was burnt when UP was sold under false pretences. That literally burnt any bridge back to goodwill for them in the eyes of a huge number of this generation of fan.

We could win the Champs League and personally I would still want them out.

A parting of the ways is best for all concerned.

All good things must come to and end............

..... and this was extremely sh*t for the most part.
This!!!
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

LeonRivers wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:00 pm :lol:

I'm not sure I can be labelled as pro GSB. I just bring the realism when they are blamed for stuff that's not their fault. I'm not even sure when I last posted in this thread, tbh.

We have no striker because that's Moyes' choice. The only way you can attribute any of that to the board is because they're not some oil magnate or oligarch with £60m to lay down on a single transfer.

There's plenty to be angry at the board for. Blaming them for every little thing just weakens your argument overall. Focus on the relevant issues. Keep personal opinion out of it.
He hasn't got enough money for strikers despite them selling 7 of them in the last 2 seasons.

It IS the boards fault end of story.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1228 likes

Post by funky chicken »

taffhammer wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:08 pm Thats the problem with the board. They should be wanting to club to win rather than themselves.
Correct. Sully's ego is huge. He loves being centre of attention and can't stand anyone other than himself getting all the credit. Hence why if a signing does well "It was all me, I told the manager to sign him.". And if the player is a flop "I and my kids begged the manager not to sign him. It's pathetic, it really is. And just when any manager shows a sign of building something he never backs them. But where he is clever, he more often that not hires divisive managers so when it all goes wrong they are the scapegoat. The sad thing is a lot of our fans actually fall for it. You only have to go in twitter to see it has worked on Moyes, as so many of our fans are blaming him for not just bringing any striker in. Benrahma was this year's razzle dazzle signing to beat the manager with.

Oh and to top it all of has zero ambition. This is the 3rd Janaury window under his watch we have been in a European spot and still in the FA Cup. But decided not to back the manager to ensure we make it.

This is the club he supports too. Some West Ham fan, hey!?
Supersoulfighter
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Supersoulfighter »

It's embarrassing having Sullivan run our club, with his childish egotism and arrogant business conduct. I can't think of many people who make enemies of other clubs through their poor transfer dealings, or who decide to flaunt themselves to the press so much. Most chairmen don't go on Talksport to speak about their transfer activities, in fact most chairmen are fairly transparent to mainstream media.

It would be interesting to know what the board make of their perception amongst the footballing community at the moment, as aside from all the backlash on forums such as these, it's often reported in the media how disenchanted the whole situation is so the general feeling is out there that nobody wants them in charge. Surely this must be a hit to Sullivans ego? Or is it that he's robbing the club so much that he doesn't give a damn?
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4920 likes

Post by -DL- »

I find it quite telling, after not being able to sleep too good last night, and scrolling through loads of this thread on my phone, that last season we had a small group of people telling us that were anti-board, it's about the results - just like that idiot on TalkSport.

Well, were riding high, and we're still going - and those same people are now saying we should get off their back, or it's boring.

Just goes to show it's never been about results and never will be.

The level of dislike to the board, as confirmed by the Hammers United Survey, despite us at the upper end of the table, must be making them twitchy.

They know the game is up.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1228 likes

Post by funky chicken »

-DL- wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:24 am They know the game is up.
The only problem is who wants to buy us? An established Premier League club, based in London, with one of the biggest stadiums in the League and a real chance of European football. And yet all these Millionaire and Billionaires would rather buy clubs like Burnley over us.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2015 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

-DL- wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:24 am

They know the game is up.
I really don't think their ego's allow them to think that way TBH.
hammer1975
Has liked: 977 likes
Total likes: 1154 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Moyes can’t say ‘the owner presented me with a load of players I don’t rate and wouldn’t pay the price for those who i do rate’. He still has a contract and has to maintain a working relationship.

Two sources with strong track records of ITK knowledge have suggested that the story of the window was the two of them not agreeing on striker targets. I believe that happened far more than i believe the manager’s preference was saving the money until the summer.