Fully vaxxed and season tickets

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators :  -DL-, Rio, the pink palermo, bristolhammerfc, chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304

SA_Hammer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Fully vaxxed and season tickets

Post by SA_Hammer » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:07 pm

I was just wondering, given Bojo's announcement last night, whether you will have to have some form of Covid passport to go the Bowl this season...does anyone know?

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 147 likes
Total likes: 749 likes

Re: Fully vaxxed and season tickets

Post by Up the Junction » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:23 pm

Not yet, but you will need a smartphone unless you fancy queueing for ages.

https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=135779

r99c
Has liked: 139 likes
Total likes: 92 likes

Post by r99c » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:27 pm

Up the Junction wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:23 pm
Not yet, but you will need a smartphone unless you fancy queueing for ages.

https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=135779
I am very angry about this. We are essentially allowing our lives to be governed by mobile phone apps, from the whole NHS app nonsense to this, and also things like parking company apps to pay for parking everywhere. Goes hand in hand with cashless society, another nonsense.

Absolutely no consideration for people without smartphones, the elderly etc and those not au-fait with modern technology. And what about if I had tickets to watch a massive game but then my phone was broken, I lost it, it got stolen, it ran out of battery etc? Whole thing is ridiculous.

Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 55 likes

Post by Het-Field » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:32 pm

'Get the App'. One of the most annoying phrases I hear today.

Big George
Has liked: 65 likes
Total likes: 93 likes

Post by Big George » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:39 pm

Just seen this from a West Ham account, not many votes though.

Maybe you can run one UtJ?

Big George
Has liked: 65 likes
Total likes: 93 likes

Post by Big George » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:09 pm

There you go:

PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by PF. » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:44 pm

I posted this in the ST renewal but I guess more appropriate here:

The tickets at Wembley were on the Euro Tickets app and you could transfer them to another email address relatively simply. The recipient would then have to register themselves (name, DOB, address etc.) with UEFA.

The checks at Wembley were:

1. Showing your Covid negative test (they did not scan the QR code, they just looked it at).
2. Showing your digital ticket on the app. The fella then scans a bluetooth reader that activated the ticket and the app sent you directions on which gate you're entering.
3. At the turnstiles, you just put the ticket (on the app) under the reader like normal.

There wasn't any security checks / pat-downs at Wembley (for me anyway) at either the semi or the final, which was surprising.

My own experience was pretty seamless on both occasions. I did see a few scrotes trying to break the barriers but that wasn't app related. We did say we'd be surprised if the London Stadium didn't have the same system this year.

I didn't speak with or see anyone without a smart phone so can't comment on how that process went.

EDIT: Forgot to add my mate had his 9-year old with him and he passed his phone back through the turnstiles so she could enter (both tickets on his phone).

BigFatSam
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 237 likes

Post by BigFatSam » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:04 pm

PF. wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:44 pm
I posted this in the ST renewal but I guess more appropriate here:

The tickets at Wembley were on the Euro Tickets app and you could transfer them to another email address relatively simply. The recipient would then have to register themselves (name, DOB, address etc.) with UEFA.

The checks at Wembley were:

1. Showing your Covid negative test (they did not scan the QR code, they just looked it at).
2. Showing your digital ticket on the app. The fella then scans a bluetooth reader that activated the ticket and the app sent you directions on which gate you're entering.
3. At the turnstiles, you just put the ticket (on the app) under the reader like normal.

There wasn't any security checks / pat-downs at Wembley (for me anyway) at either the semi or the final, which was surprising.

My own experience was pretty seamless on both occasions. I did see a few scrotes trying to break the barriers but that wasn't app related. We did say we'd be surprised if the London Stadium didn't have the same system this year.

I didn't speak with or see anyone without a smart phone so can't comment on how that process went.

EDIT: Forgot to add my mate had his 9-year old with him and he passed his phone back through the turnstiles so she could enter (both tickets on his phone).

This is West Ham. We will f*** it up horribly.

irongav
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by irongav » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:50 pm

so Boris has had covid and is double jabbed, but still has to isolate because of track n trace........im struggling to see the sense in a covid passport [ jab is to stop YOU getting seriously ill, thats good for anybody vulnerable, excellent in fact, but by the logic in Boris's case it does not mean you cant catch it or spread it! so what difference does it make to a fit healthy young person with an excellent and still improving immune system?]

Ryanexbml84

Post by Ryanexbml84 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:35 pm

It's all about control I'm a healthy 36 year old will not be having the vaccine so if that means I'm banned from watching West ham so be it I've got used to watching at home saves me money

btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:28 pm

Ryanexbml84 wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:35 pm
It's all about control I'm a healthy 36 year old will not be having the vaccine so if that means I'm banned from watching West ham so be it I've got used to watching at home saves me money
You’ve not yet to be double jabbed to attend. It’s more about having your season ticket on a phone.

City are doing something similar although people can apply to have a usual credit card sized access card.

I wish people wouldn’t patronise “the elderly” being unable to use a phone. My mum is a 73 year old and she has one. And a printer.

Mega Ron
Has liked: 133 likes
Total likes: 95 likes

Post by Mega Ron » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:15 pm

btajim - mcfc wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:28 pm
You’ve not yet to be double jabbed to attend. It’s more about having your season ticket on a phone.

City are doing something similar although people can apply to have a usual credit card sized access card.

I wish people wouldn’t patronise “the elderly” being unable to use a phone. My mum is a 73 year old and she has one. And a printer.
Jim.

George has posted something just up the page that says you need to be double jabbed for games above 16,000.

bonzosbeard
Has liked: 436 likes
Total likes: 322 likes

Post by bonzosbeard » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:23 pm

btajim - mcfc wrote:

I used to sell memory cards for cameras etc. Had some people making comments in their 40s and 50s that they can't keep up with technology. I also had a lady customer who must have been 80 and knew her stuff and was up with it all.

btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:28 pm

Mega Ron wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:15 pm
Jim.

George has posted something just up the page that says you need to be double jabbed for games above 16,000.
He has. I saw it. “if” infection rates remain high.

fjthegrey
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 303 likes

Post by fjthegrey » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:33 pm

The barometer of what constitutes a 'high' infection rate is likely to be low. Think its safe to assume the requirement for double vax is highly probable.

r99c
Has liked: 139 likes
Total likes: 92 likes

Post by r99c » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:40 pm

btajim - mcfc wrote:

It's not patronising. It's saying a higher percentage of them will be less au-fait with tech than youngsters.

Bristoliron338
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Bristoliron338 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:55 pm

Is season tickets still available for the bowl?

Kialos
Has liked: 325 likes
Total likes: 157 likes

Post by Kialos » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:23 pm

It appears the club have managed to work through the 50,000 on the ST waiting list so give the ticket office a ring, hopefully you will be in luck.

westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 381 likes
Total likes: 254 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:33 am

Thankfully, this will probably spell the end for ticket touts for most events now, not just football.

Every cloud.

steveyrockstar
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by steveyrockstar » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:33 am

Ryanexbml84 wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:35 pm
Urgh, mods, I really hope we can keep personal opinions about the vaccine and "control" out of this area of the discussion. Thanks.