The Summer Transfer Thread 2021

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

El brooko79
Has liked: 3024 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2021

Post by El brooko79 »

paulhs1 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:21 pm I'm wondering if Yarmolenkos performances in the euros have prompted Moyes to have a change of heart and perhaps he sees value in keeping him as a wide right/forward option?

I appreciate that I'm clutching a straws right now :coolas:
We have no control over Yarmolenko's future unless someone comes in with interest.

We have to pay him next season so might as well use him as impact player.

I'm pretty sure that if someone came in we would let him go for peanuts as his contribution to the team will never match his salary.

If we lost his whole salary for next year we would save £6m.
That could be used to pay other players or get a season loan from a decent European number 10.
Diogenes
Has liked: 478 likes
Total likes: 1199 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:10 pm Might want to hurry up on Pereira if Arsenal are signing Maddison.

Leicester won’t waste time replacing him.
Not sure why Maddison would want to go to Arsenal. He is already at a far better club with far better prospects.
El brooko79
Has liked: 3024 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

YorksHammer wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:21 pm Leicester already have their replacement in house, I think - they'll either grant Tielemans more license to be forward with Soumare and Ndidi behind, or move Barnes central. Last season without Maddison they switched to a 3-4-3 with Vardy and Iheanacho ahead of Perez, I think.

They've got options in their squad to sell Maddison without really hurting in the long term.

Speaking of Leicester, I see a suggestion that Choudhury might be looking for a way out given that his playing time has been limited and will only be more so with Soumare coming in. Would be a good move for us in the middle of the park, in my opinion - Newcastle apparently interested.
If Leicester sell Maddison for £60m they will 100% buy a new attacking midfielder. Likely for £20m ish and that player will probably increase in value and the cycle repeats.

Probably Hlozek and we can spend the next 5 years complaining!
jastons
Has liked: 900 likes
Total likes: 858 likes

Post by jastons »

Celtic are in for a shock if they think Joe Heart is the answer. His most memorable experience at Spurs was celebrating a victory on social media when they got beat :lol:
Puncher12
Has liked: 51 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by Puncher12 »

Phil Parkes' Gloves wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:01 pm "Striker... not a priority for West Ham"

Is he drunk?
Honestly, if he aint, I want to be after reading that.
Last edited by Puncher12 on Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brown Sauce
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Brown Sauce »

S-H wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:13 pm believe
everything
you
read

lol
I
was
lol'ing
at
the
fact
people
are
expected
to
believe
that
nonsense

double lol
RockyMtnHammer
Has liked: 288 likes
Total likes: 398 likes

Post by RockyMtnHammer »

Diogenes wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:30 pm Not sure why Maddison would want to go to Arsenal. He is already at a far better club with far better prospects.
Arsenal can pay a lot more.
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

Any Twitter users know what happened to West Ham Central? I was getting a lot of transfer updates and rumours from his posts. Looks like he may have got booted off the platform.

As for striker not being a priority, deary me... A striker literally couldn't be any more essential. :fsake:
RockyMtnHammer

Post by RockyMtnHammer »

El brooko79 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:34 pm If Leicester sell Maddison for £60m they will 100% buy a new attacking midfielder. Likely for £20m ish and that player will probably increase in value and the cycle repeats.
Yep. Can't see Tielemanns being a proper replacement for Maddison. Completely different types of player. They'll target a new attacking mid.

...And report are they're eying Pereira.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

VeniceHammer wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:09 pm the lenght people on here go justyifing that dwarf on "it saves a month wages!" makes my head explode. who the **** cares if he saves some money.
He doesn't save a penny. The club does. 3 players on 100k a week for 4 weeks is £1,200,000.

That could be the difference between missing out on a player or signing one.
RockyMtnHammer

Post by RockyMtnHammer »

Bit odd to give Smith-Rowe the #10 then immediately look to sign a player for 60m who is clearly going to be their #10.

...Squad numbers don't mean much anymore, I grant you.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

steveyrockstar wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:37 pm Any Twitter users know what happened to West Ham Central? I was getting a lot of transfer updates and rumours from his posts. Looks like he may have got booted off the platform.

As for striker not being a priority, deary me... A striker literally couldn't be any more essential. :fsake:
Good riddance if true. Just need to get shot of that West Ham Transfers moron now and twitter will be a much better place.

As for a striker, I will be amazed if Moyes doesn't bring someone in. Even if just a loan or another attacking player like Lingard who can play there at a push. We have Antonio and Bowen who can play there. But we definitely need an additional option.
RockyMtnHammer

Post by RockyMtnHammer »

-DL- wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:40 pm He doesn't save a penny. The club does. 3 players on 100k a week for 4 weeks is £1,200,000.

That could be the difference between missing out on a player or signing one.
Shoe on the other foot, 4 weeks could also be the difference between missing out on a player or signing one.
paulhs1
Has liked: 1740 likes
Total likes: 1490 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

El brooko79 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:30 pm We have no control over Yarmolenko's future unless someone comes in with interest.

We have to pay him next season so might as well use him as impact player.

I'm pretty sure that if someone came in we would let him go for peanuts as his contribution to the team will never match his salary.

If we lost his whole salary for next year we would save £6m.
That could be used to pay other players or get a season loan from a decent European number 10.
Oh I agree but perhaps the lack of suitors willing to pay his salary coupled with the fact that we are now ridiculously short on bodies may mean that Moyes has had a re think. He was decent at the euros after all and a fully fit Yarmo can come off the bench and win matches.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

RockyMtnHammer wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:42 pm Shoe on the other foot, 4 weeks could also be the difference between missing out on a player or signing one.
Of course. Like whom? Who have we missed out on?

I will give you a clue.

Nobody.

Because there's no money.

The only business of note we will do are loans. They're probably already have preliminary agreements in place, to see if anyone will come in for them with a fee. If the don't get sold, we get the loan.

Why pay wages when we don't need to?

Not sticking up for the board, but I get why we have not got anyone in.

We're skint and will be on the borrow.

Two domestic loans left to go.

I'll genuinely be shocked if we pay an actual transfer fee for anyone this window.

And don't discount a regular first teamer leaving either. There's still a long way to go yet, comparatively speaking.
ohsnap
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by ohsnap »

steveyrockstar wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:37 pm Any Twitter users know what happened to West Ham Central? I was getting a lot of transfer updates and rumours from his posts. Looks like he may have got booted off the platform.

He got suspended for 10 days for sharing clips from the Olympics - think it was a copyright strike or DMCA that the Olympic committee dont want clips being shared
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1951 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Last season we started the season with one recognised striker, sold him, relied on Antonio as a 9 and bought no cover in January.

I predicted chaos and collapse, but it improved us!

Surely it can’t happen again?
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

ohsnap wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:48 pm He got suspended for 10 days for sharing clips from the Olympics - think it was a copyright strike or DMCA that the Olympic committee dont want clips being shared
Ah gotcha! Thanks for the info. I was wondering why my Twitter feed had suddenly been WHU-lite!
Puncher12

Post by Puncher12 »

steveyrockstar wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:49 pm Ah gotcha! Thanks for the info. I was wondering why my Twitter feed had suddenly been WHU-lite!
I'd probably advise maybe following some other WHU ones, I find Central is run by a teenager who only wants to argue with fans of other clubs and half the "news" they spread are false anyway.

He's not to everyones taste but I find EX WHU Employee the most reliable personally.
Puncher12

Post by Puncher12 »

RockyMtnHammer wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:40 pm Bit odd to give Smith-Rowe the #10 then immediately look to sign a player for 60m who is clearly going to be their #10.

...Squad numbers don't mean much anymore, I grant you.

This is the same club though that let William Gallas take the number 10 shirt over from their club legend Bergkamp in fairness.