Fully vaxxed and season tickets

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators :  -DL-, Rio, the pink palermo, bristolhammerfc, chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304

Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 346 likes

Re: Fully vaxxed and season tickets

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:30 am

How are we actually getting the season tickets?

I bought mine 1st July but haven't had any info about the app I'd need or when it would be available by.

wigwig

Post by wigwig » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:31 am

Tin hat is pretty apt in this case

Estuary
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by Estuary » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:33 am

Whufc06 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:40 am
I hope you’re as vociferous towards the people that drink or eat to excess or smoke. They cost the country far more.
Valid point, why don't we rage at people who "knowingly" self harm via booze and fags as lacking a public conscious? We don't, I think, because these products throw off huge taxation benefits, also addiction isn't transmissible and is a complex issue, and crucially to your point, we don't have a vaccine like magic bullet readily available at no cost as we do with Covid for everyone before they even start to drink or smoke.

I imagine if the more militant of those who feel that the individual is subserviently to the greater entity of the state and our environment ever get power things like smoking, drinking will be outlawed, at which point enter stage left organized crime to fulfil the market demand.

Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 26 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:48 am

I have been double jabbed but still strongly opposed to vaccine passports

The system is just about acceptable, in the short-term, as long as proof of a negative test is also an option for entry for those not jabbed

Otherwise you will get the illogical system where someone who is jabbed but has Covid is allowed in (and we know that they can still transmit the virus to others, jabbed and unjabbed), but someone who hasn't been jabbed but doesn't have Covid is not

Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by Het-Field » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:03 pm

Tin Hat wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:27 am
I would like to know if the people who have been 'double jabbed' and say people should have the vaccine jabs were so dogmatic and invidious with the flu jab, which let's be honest is a bigger killer, though apparently there is no such thing as flu now.
I know I am going to be asked if I've had the jabs and no I haven't, and not for any stupid conspiracy reasons either. I had Covid in October and I was one of the lucky ones and I don't mean to be flippant but I've had worst hangovers ( I know people are, and have been affected differently) and I will trust my antibodies and own immune system until 2023 when the vaccine has been properly tested and then I might consider it.
I have nothing against anyone having the jabs, it is your decision and your body, but what I do find is that people who have had the jabs are the one's who are the most aggressive in their opinions.
But this shows how much the point can be missed.

First, the flu has been with us for a long long time, and as a result the system has been developed to cope with it, and provide for immunities, and vaccines. Its not a comparison to a new virus, which has become a global pandemic, and can have a range of impacts on different people.

Second, your personal experience of covid (while welcome to hear it wasn't severe) is not relevant, as the entire picture is not about personal experiences. Some people had extremely severe case, and at the top level loved ones were lost. As was mentioned earlier in the thread, some people were lost before they had the chance to be vaccinated.

Third, I'd like to know what you mean by 'properly tested'.

I'd actually argue the most aggressive are the people who are refusing jabs. And, I think no matter what the solution, there would be pushback. If stadiums agreed just to accept lateral flow negative tests, that would be a problem. If stadiums wanted universal masking, there would be pushback.

CapBuckyOHare
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by CapBuckyOHare » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:05 pm

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:48 am
I have been double jabbed but still strongly opposed to vaccine passports

The system is just about acceptable, in the short-term, as long as proof of a negative test is also an option for entry for those not jabbed

Otherwise you will get the illogical system where someone who is jabbed but has Covid is allowed in (and we know that they can still transmit the virus to others, jabbed and unjabbed), but someone who hasn't been jabbed but doesn't have Covid is not
The person that has been double jabbed with covid passes it on to a person whos not been jabbed, it mutates and becomes stronger, passes to another person whos not been jabbed and gets stronger still, passes to someone else who is double jabbed, and its mutated so much it now beats teh vaccine we go in to lock down for 2 more years and start again.

oooorr

a person has been double jabbed has covid and passes it on to another double jabbed person. that persons body has the vaccine and fights the covid and it becomes weaker, this continues to happen until covid is so weak that it is erradicated.

now which one is the best option

Doc H Ball
Has liked: 198 likes
Total likes: 468 likes

Post by Doc H Ball » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:23 pm

Just had an e mail about the Newcastle game.

It says we should download the NHS app with proof of double vax, previous immunity (?) or negative test. There will be spot checks by stewards.

'Expected' to wear masks in the concourse, matter of personal choice in the seats and recommended to keep 2 metres distance (ho ho)

Asked to scan the track and trace QR code - be interesting to see how many do.

It does say, and I presume this to have come from Newcastle themselves, 'supporters without a valid NHS COVID Pass will not be turned away from the match at this stage, however this may change at future matches should the government make it mandatory'.

I think that last bit is right - it's a government decision not anyones else's and they've shirked it. I hope these are the guidelines across the PL.

steps
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by steps » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:43 pm

Just saw the email about Newcastle asking to see vaccine passports on Sunday.

The thing is, and going forward, it’s not really workable. When I was at Lord’s for a test event a few weeks back you had to show either a vaccine passport or proof of a lateral flow test to get a wrist band to get in the ground. The stewards doing the checks were young lads and the checks were pretty brief. I showed a screen shot as there’s a chance of not being able to open the app due to phone signal issues, the screen shot (or text) could of been forwarded on many times, they don’t check it against your name.

I can’t see how they’ll get this to work at our place. The security checks on the bridges are bad enough. They already advise to get to the ground an hour before kick off. What amount of time shall we allow ourselves now? Get to the ground for midday?

Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:49 pm

Reckon that Newcastle e mail is a template.

Show a scan, no ID and then spot checks in the ground.

Not mandatory though, not at Newcastle at least.

Whufc06
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 61 likes

Post by Whufc06 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:09 pm

If long term that plan is that you won’t be able to go to football matches without being double jabbed then surely the easiest way is to have proof of it loaded onto your account so that anyone that buys tickets has been. Gotta be easier than showing proof at every game

honkytonk
Has liked: 42 likes
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by honkytonk » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:11 pm

anyone going to the u23 on Monday at the LS?? (against Arsenal)

I ordered tickets (free as a ST holder) got the email but it only gives the option to print the PDF, no digital ticket attached?

chigwells finest
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by chigwells finest » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:02 pm

Whufc06 wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:09 pm
If long term that plan is that you won’t be able to go to football matches without being double jabbed then surely the easiest way is to have proof of it loaded onto your account so that anyone that buys tickets has been. Gotta be easier than showing proof at every game

i wouldnt trust this lot with my data tbh

sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by sicknote » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:11 pm

I always look at this thread and think

Fully waxed and season tickets

I guess I'm just a wrongun

Watford 'Ammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Watford 'Ammer » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:59 pm

Doc H Ball wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:49 pm
Reckon that Newcastle e mail is a template.

Show a scan, no ID and then spot checks in the ground.

Not mandatory though, not at Newcastle at least.
Newcastle email uses the same wording as the West Ham announcement on their website for home games. Matches the PL guidance.

Supporters ‘should be prepared’ for a check.

So if you weren’t prepared, just say you weren’t prepared.

Nothing (atm) from Gov or PL about refusing entry. No idea how they would enforce this even if it became law.

I just held up my phone for my covid check at Wembley (Lock Screen) and there was no interest from stewards as to what was on it.

ohsnap

Post by ohsnap » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:32 pm

Hi guys - apologies if not the right thread to ask this but will give it ago..

My mate who has a ST has gone on his honeymoon for a few weeks and gave me his card to take his seat for the first 2 home games - I've just been reading on the official site that the normal cards wont work and instead the club are emailing over tickets that then need to be downloaded onto the phone and taken to the club to be printed off? I have had both jabs so not really in danger there but is there a possibility of the club asking for ID and then refusing me as it won't match the details on the ST?

Not sure if its worth the risk of travelling all the way to the ground and then being denied entry :think:

Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:39 pm

ohsnap wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:32 pm
Hi guys - apologies if not the right thread to ask this but will give it ago..

My mate who has a ST has gone on his honeymoon for a few weeks and gave me his card to take his seat..
Don't do it mate, it's not worth it.

Two weeks of sun, sea and sex, but when you get back a life of hell.

mushy
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 204 likes

Post by mushy » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:39 pm

:D
honkytonk wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:11 pm
anyone going to the u23 on Monday at the LS?? (against Arsenal)

I ordered tickets (free as a ST holder) got the email but it only gives the option to print the PDF, no digital ticket attached?
The PDF should have a barcode on it.
Just screen print it.

Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:41 pm

Seriously, you should be fine.

They don't check the NHS App alongside ID.

Also you don't need to print the ticket he can forward you. Just screen shot it.

Even if asked, which I find incredibly unlikely, say something about it not being mandatory, mention David Icke and they'll melt away.

ohsnap

Post by ohsnap » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:14 pm

Thanks Doc :crestnew:

Alan Pardew's Dad

Post by Alan Pardew's Dad » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:45 pm

Doc H Ball wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:39 pm
Don't do it mate, it's not worth it.

Two weeks of sun, sea and sex, but when you get back a life of hell.
:crossed: Two weeks of fun, a lifetime of regrets.