CCR3: Manchester Utd 0-1 West Ham Utd (22/09/21)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 204 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Re: ⚽ Manchester Utd v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by iLoveLasagne »

Up the Junction wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:35 pm
The opposition view: Manchester United (a)
https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=136244

OV poster decrying the Noble penalty claim then simultaneously praising Matic for the knee and the studs up rake in the same sentence. :thdn:
DublinDave
Has liked: 2720 likes
Total likes: 1754 likes

Post by DublinDave »

My favourite quote from the OV...
"We played quite well but had the penetration of an ice cream dildo"
:crylol:
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Re: Manchester Utd v West Ham Utd League Cup: Match Thead

Post by funky chicken »

YorksHammer wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:53 am
A bit of a conspiracy theory, but maybe the ref didn’t send Matic off as he still had the penalty for the tug on Lingard in the back off his mind. And as he was concerned he made a mistake this was his way to balance things out a little bit.

Don’t get me wrong it’s probably because the ref was simply f*cking useless. But that’s something to perhaps ponder.
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

Mark's perfect pass to Yarmolenko probably went unnoticed as does a lot of his unspectacular work.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Not sure the ref would've been able to see that Matic knee. Their backs were to him, although the lino might have.

I think it's more that VAR would've almost certainly sent him off.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Re: Manchester Utd v West Ham Utd League Cup: Match Thead

Post by ageing hammer »

YorksHammer wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:53 am
Thank you :newthumb:
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Snagging bubbles all night after watching our second string quite handily keeping theirs at bay.

I think we learned about what we’ve got in a useful way; whilst they found theirs is not what they quite hoped.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

iLoveLasagne wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:30 pm OV poster decrying the Noble penalty claim then simultaneously praising Matic for the knee and the studs up rake in the same sentence. :thdn:
I'm not going to read an OV from them again. I'd rather read a Tottenham OV than anything from these c****. I know some dislike Liverpool on here, but I still find Man Utd fans (online) some of the absolute worst. Very rarely praise anything or anyone else. Always acting hard done by, despite getting ridiculous decisions go their way for the most part. A perfect example being moaning about not having Ronaldo penalties and not even giving the Soucek one a mention. It was only a season or so ago Fernandes got a penalty for standing on an Aston Villa players foot. To sum them up, the abuse Lingard got for not moving to us permanently and then his f*** up against Young Boys, to being a 'son of Man Utd' when he scored against us a few days after is just plastic and pathetic.
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

Brilliant performance, a real team effort and everyone contributed. You can see the growing experience of Johnson resulting in an impressive performance. In fact all of our defence was solid and gave their all, such a shame Fredericks had to go off so early. We could and should have scored more, although I wont be as harsh as Hamburger I have mentioned before that we seem to scuff our final ball on goal quite a bit. Delighted for Mark Noble, a true captains performance and his handling of the cheating prima donna's was superb. What a niggly, horrible bunch of entitled players they are. Thanks Bruno for eating into the extra time you desperately needed with that idiocy at the drop ball. Finally, our away support was magnificent, it is nights like these that make the effort worthwhile. Sung all game, hope it came across on TV. :hamm:
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

Whoa.

That might be the worst thing I've ever read.
Hindley Hammer
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Post by Hindley Hammer »

"Speaking post-match, Noble told Sky Sports: 'That's football, he dived and I told him off for screaming, funnily enough he didn't really do it at our place but he does it here!' What a knob. Just adding to an agenda that United players dive."
- BeforeKeanetherewasRobson

The truth really hurts. "an agenda" should be replaced with "the truth"
old fart
Has liked: 136 likes
Total likes: 355 likes

Post by old fart »

Coufal to Matic "Do you want to try that again when nobody is watching?"
asters89
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by asters89 »

"Not clinical enough from us. Big day out for them. Never seen a team run themselves into the ground as much as West Ham do against us. It's massive for them. "
- Solius
'It's not fair, they run too much'. Guess what pal, this team runs against everyone.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

asters89 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:17 pm 'It's not fair, they run too much'. Guess what pal, this team runs against everyone.
I never understand these comments from Man Utd fans :crylol:
We both had second string teams out last night and i guess our players wanted to prove a point and work their way into the first team more than theirs..

Diop pleased me most last night, he wasn't our best player but thats exactly what i want to see from him. A good 90 minute performance with no unforced errors, he really could be a player if he cuts out those silly moments from his game.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

"It's not fair, they work harder than us and don't relying on diving and generous decisions from the officials. Why can't we win any trophies?"
Ethanadict
Has liked: 127 likes
Total likes: 250 likes

Post by Ethanadict »

The OV is sometimes so insightful. So many MU fans have given absolutely no credit to WHU performance at all - just completely ignored the opposition they faced.

It's completely about them, about Ole's mismanagement, about poor refereeing decisions, how they played too many second team players, and about how the Carabao Cup wasn't important anyway.

Staggering really. A second string MU side worth over £300m, playing a second string WHU worth somewhat less... they can't quite figure out that a decent team spirit and strategy has beaten "superior" players.

On that note, I loved the fact the likes of Rice and Antonio were in the crowd supporting their mates. Class. It's a proper club atmosphere and it's why I'm supporting the players, Moyes and his management team to the end of the season, irrespective of where we finish - this feels like proper West Ham that I can identify with.

On a side note, I hope this bodes well for the Ryder Cup for Europe v USA this weekend, when Europe might well beat 8 out of the top 10 ranked players in the world.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

If any of you are ever bored, head over to Redcafe and read some of the threads on there. It doesn't even need to be West Ham threads. Any thread will do. The levels of delusion and self entitlement are astonishing. They make Spurs fans look well reasoned and grounded.

On the Moyes thread they are comparing DM to Ole, and praising the latter for taking a "mid table team" to 2nd in the league. :lol:
DasNutNock2
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by DasNutNock2 »

https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=136244
I needed a laugh, reading this OV duly delivered 👍
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I'm.looking forward to hearing what that Alternative commentator makes of Yarmolenko and Noble's misses. Probably, ,"Jesus Christ, how did you ****ing miss that "
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

sendô wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:45 pm If any of you are ever bored, head over to Redcafe and read some of the threads on there. It doesn't even need to be West Ham threads. Any thread will do. The levels of delusion and self entitlement are astonishing. They make Spurs fans look well reasoned and grounded.

On the Moyes thread they are comparing DM to Ole, and praising the latter for taking a "mid table team" to 2nd in the league. :lol:
To be fair, REALLY old Man Utd fans who were about pre-Ferguson are more realistic.